GreaseSpot Cafe

Further Proof Civilization Is Declining...

So_crates

1 minute ago, chockfull said:

Forgive me if my view is that cleaning windows with headphones on and AOS orchestra in the background clearly represents way more of a handicap than I have ever dealt with.

You are in my prayers.

It was earbuds, not headphones; save your prayers.

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Here you go Mikey!  Whenever you have free time to watch as well as listen.

Get rocked by the Way Orchestra.  

You can’t stop the lo shontas even if u wanted to.  :biglaugh:

Good gosh this crap is corny on an entire nother level...greasy grief...think if I was washing windows to it on a high rise I'd probably take the express route down... :jump:

54 minutes ago, waysider said:

What's an earfoam?

50 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Foam pads that cover headphones.

Actually, I don't know what they are. No one one knows, like no one knows the meaning of San Diego.

There is no authoritative definition of earfoam. If you are in a small group, you can make up any definition you want. I'm not in that group, so the earfoam will just have to sit there like a duck, undefined.

7 hours ago, chockfull said:

Here you go Mikey!  Whenever you have free time to watch as well as listen.

Get rocked by the Way Orchestra.  

You can’t stop the lo shontas even if u wanted to.  :biglaugh:

I had no idea back then how mediocre the choreography and dancing actually was. Dance is art. Art is about evoking emotion. This dancing in this clip falls far short of that. 

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

I had no idea back then how mediocre the choreography and dancing actually was. Dance is art. Art is about evoking emotion. This dancing in this clip falls far short of that. 

Sounds to me the imagery spoiled the music for you.

Yes, art is emotion, and the music ALONE gave me great emotions. I have a few songs in my playlist for car trips.

I literally avoided looking at the dance parts after the first viewing. In those days I was literally a dance phobe.  I hated it, and avoided it everywhere, since childhood.

It was only 10 years ago that I learned to appreciate it both as an observer and a participant.  It is the most fun thing I ever found in my life.

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yes, art is emotion, and the music ALONE gave me great emotions. I have a few songs in my playlist for car trips.

I literally avoided looking at the dance parts after the first viewing. In those days I was literally a dance phobe.  I hated it, and avoided it everywhere, since childhood.

I'm happy for you having obtained "great emotions from the music alone." I'm glad you like to dance.

My impressions of the mediocrity of the choreography stand, regardless. 

There was plenty about the production to "spoil it" for me. Your attempt to characterize my impressions in any way are nonsense. The production was billed as being godly and God-centered. Overall, that's not how I see it.

IF you wanted to know what "spoiled it for me" perhaps the emotionally intelligent thing would have been to ask. 

I didn't criticize the score/music at all, btw.

My overall impression is the entire enterprise was Loy's narcissistic endeavor to lift himself above Victor Wierwille. Whether he succeeded is irrelevant. 

The choreography and music for “The Renewed Mind is the Key” are superior to AOS. 

A low bar, I know, but that song and dance just  crushes AOS. It always makes me smile and laugh — joyful noises.

Additionally, that “Renewed Mind” show seems to really be moving the YourWalk+TheBible+ChristInYou+YourBelieving over the world — 698,000,000 views on YouTube!

9 hours ago, Mike said:

I think its just that music and musical tastes are very subjective. Your not wrong for enjoying the music and production for AOS, nothing wrong with that. It's just that if you look at it objectively and compare art to art AOS is pretty lacking in many areas. But again, you like it so enjoy! Nobody can say thats not right or even wrong for you really. Personally, I have some very off beat musical tastes that are all over the road from genre to genre that most people would not enjoy. But thats me and this is Mike. So peace!

10 hours ago, Mike said:

It was only 10 years ago that I learned to appreciate it both as an observer and a participant.  It is the most fun thing I ever found in my life.

Art is emotion.

But dancing is life.

:biglaugh:

Edited by chockfull

2 hours ago, chockfull said:

Art is emotion.

But dancing is life.

The Deadhead Community I hang out with these days think of dancing and the music as crucial components of a religion.

In my youth, when I disliked dancing and was quite jealous of people who could dance, it seemed that S.I.T. was similar to what I saw in dance.  It felt like the mechanics of speech were in a dance at times when I'd SIT.

In my excellor's sessions, when I brought up this dance association, a few students lit up with the idea and quickly progressed into abundant fluency, with no noticeable repetitions.

In dance you move muscles (with free will) according to the dictates of the music.

In SIT you move muscles (with free will) according to the dictates of the spirit. 

Acts 2:4
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Edited by Mike

21 minutes ago, waysider said:

So, then, SIT is basically like freestyle dancing but with sounds instead of movement.

...and hopefully, pneuma hagion has to be there.

If the reason for doing it is for THE Pneuma Hagion, I am sure that He is alert to it, because Jesus said the Father SEEKETH such to worship Him.

P.S. - there is movement of different muscles in SIT.

Edited by Mike

40 minutes ago, waysider said:

So, then, SIT is basically like freestyle dancing but with sounds instead of movement.

Plus, often SIT is silent. 
I think then there is still micro movent of muscles.

And THINK of the muscles involved!

In dance it is our walking the earth (senses realm) muscles.

In SIT it is our walking the Word (spiritual realm) muscles.

*/*/*/*

There are FAR more muscles and nerves involved in the mechanics of speech than in walking.

This is called the Sensory Humunculous in the brain.  Humunculous is Latin for "little human."  It depicts the relative nerve density of the sensory nerves at the surface of the skin.  It's is our sensory input inventory of what is touching our skin.

The output nerves are similarly dense for the tongue and lips.

File:1421 Sensory Homunculus.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Edited by Mike

Did I mention yet that Gurdjief (the inspiration IMO for AOS) was a dancer, a whirling dervish Russian style of a dancer. 

That was a little weird, in that some of the muscular free will is lost in the momentum of spinning.  Ballerinas must have to have the greatest of discipline in this area, because they have to do it to the music and not fall.

In my early searching days I came across odd things in the Muslim religion (did I get the terminology right there?).

For one, a good friend at work with me at the Western Union Company in NYC was a black Muslim.  We had long talks and he showed me that a big belief in his religion was that Jesus was the only sinless man who ever lived.  That stuck with me, and I verified it in later decades a few times.

The other thing I found in those early days was there is muslim sect called the Sufi people.  I was just getting to the point of seeing some of that, but it was interrupted when I got into the Word.  I should You-Tube it someday!  :)  I think Gurdjief was also a Sufi.

Some of the Deadheads get into spinning, and of course, most of us got into it with no music when we were children.

Edited by Mike

Another note on dance and spirituality....   or actually a question.

Have I brought up this?

...the connection between early Grateful Dead dance lyrics, the early Deadheads, and the trio we all know lots about: Lonnie Frisbee, Jimmy Doop, and Steve Heefner.

Ask yourself this:  how did those three Jesus freak hippies, all ultra-smart communicators, all get together in the same places at the same times?

What an odd combination of characters. 

I have been looking into the environment in which these three met and operated since 1987.  In 2012 I added looking into the Grateful Dead and dance connection to these three guys meeting in an experimental, underground Christian movement.

I believe it was Ken Kesey who personally constructed that experimental, underground Christian movement and the environment that our lovable trio got their start in.