GreaseSpot Cafe

Further Proof Civilization Is Declining...

So_crates

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

My link, I thought, was to a clip of a guy in France break dancing. It apparently is not.

:jump:

54 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I thought we were moving on with more proofs of a declining civilization by evidence of a declining earth!

Still wanna see that French breakdancer, though.

:jump:

My apologies, I thought we had veered off into the twilight zone...which isnt to be unexpected....

Edited by OldSkool

5 hours ago, Mike said:

The Deadhead Community I hang out with these days think of dancing and the music as crucial components of a religion.

In my youth, when I disliked dancing and was quite jealous of people who could dance, it seemed that S.I.T. was similar to what I saw in dance.  It felt like the mechanics of speech were in a dance at times when I'd SIT.

In my excellor's sessions, when I brought up this dance association, a few students lit up with the idea and quickly progressed into abundant fluency, with no noticeable repetitions.

In dance you move muscles (with free will) according to the dictates of the music.

In SIT you move muscles (with free will) according to the dictates of the spirit. 

Acts 2:4
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

So DIT - dancing in tongues.

Is this what happens when deaf people SIT?

And they know ASL?

Ecstatic dance and glossolalia predate David.

How does the mute paraplegic SIT/DIT? What if they have fully absorbed everything, beleeeve in 1942, yet at the end of session 12 don’t “manifest”?

I guess all they can do is what Christ Jesus said to do: pray in secret.

Surely, this is what the Father seeketh.