GreaseSpot Cafe

A Failure Based Ministry

So_crates

We were told we would manifest the power of God. How many do you know really did? How many healing and miricles are you aware that news of such didn't come from a friend of a friend (a ministry urban legend) ?

You see, the truth of the matter is that we were never meant to manifest the power of God,  to become successful. Because if we ever did manifest that power we would become to Independent and, in Saint Vic's mind, might no longer need him. So it was to his benefit to keep us in a cycle of failure which would keep us dependent on the ministry.

You would think God would want you to succeed and be a shining example of his love. Yet, the ministry was based on you failing.

2 hours ago, So_crates said:

We were told we would manifest the power of God. How many do you know really did? How many healing and miricles are you aware that news of such didn't come from a friend of a friend (a ministry urban legend) ?

You see, the truth of the matter is that we were never meant to manifest the power of God,  to become successful. Because if we ever did manifest that power we would become to Independent and, in Saint Vic's mind, might no longer need him. So it was to his benefit to keep us in a cycle of failure which would keep us dependent on the ministry.

You would think God would want you to succeed and be a shining example of his love. Yet, the ministry was based on you failing.

Since breaking away from TWI and VPW’s control to keep you in a cycle of failure,  have you begun to manifest the power of God, bringing about healings and miracles?

53 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Since breaking away from TWI and VPW’s control to keep you in a cycle of failure,  have you begun to manifest the power of God, bringing about healings and miracles?

And your point is...?

This is like Saint Vic preaching about unicorns and me saying we never were meant to have unicorns, so you respond: Since you left the ministry have you gotten any unicorns?

6 hours ago, So_crates said:

This reminds me of a fallacious adage I’ve long despised: Those who can’t do, teach.

There is a kernel of truth in that otherwise unenlightened cliché. A tremendous kernel. That’s riiight.

• Like 1

Has anyone examined their own contributions to threads like this? Do you think this kind of thing might have factored into the person who posted on reddit figuring s/he might not be able to find the answers sought for his/her early life in TWI?

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

Has anyone examined their own contributions to threads like this? Do you think this kind of thing might have factored into the person who posted on reddit figuring s/he might not be able to find the answers sought for his/her early life in TWI?

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

I think you've got a good point there.  If we're posting just to vent and make ourselves feel better, that looks different than if we're posting to make a point worth making, and maybe making a difference for someone who needs a little help but doesn't want to ask a complete stranger (or doesn't know how to-  after twi, either is likely.)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, So_crates said:

An interesting point about vpw talking about power was that vpw usually ripped off other people's stories, other people's accounts of things happening, or he just made some up to support some point (his sole training was in HOMILETICS, or making stuff up.)   So, we got accounts of him healing lots of people where there were no witnesses and no proof very far away.... and when he couldn't produce even a FEW of those locally with twi'ers, it was THEIR FAULT he couldn't do it because the people in India believed to get healed and the people in the US didn't. 

So, vpw heals some imaginary people- or pretends he healed some real people, depending-  and then when it doesn't happen here, he blames the people trying to get the deliverance.  Things were never vpw's fault, to hear vpw say it. 

Other times, he copied anecdotes from real Christians- which wasn't as common because he would lack details. But their accounts helped him fill in the details of the fictional accounts he allegedly performed. 

If there is a Real God, this is NOT how He works, nor would He rely on con-men and hoaxsters to get the job done.  But you've heard He did- that's right, the con man insisted God Almighty worked through him and he was doing what God Almighty wanted.   Looking back, do you still buy that one?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WordWolf said:

An interesting point about vpw talking about power was that vpw usually ripped off other people's stories, other people's accounts of things happening, or he just made some up to support some point (his sole training was in HOMILETICS, or making stuff up.)   So, we got accounts of him healing lots of people where there were no witnesses and no proof very far away.... and when he couldn't produce even a FEW of those locally with twi'ers, it was THEIR FAULT he couldn't do it because the people in India believed to get healed and the people in the US didn't. 

So, vpw heals some imaginary people- or pretends he healed some real people, depending-  and then when it doesn't happen here, he blames the people trying to get the deliverance.  Things were never vpw's fault, to hear vpw say it. 

Other times, he copied anecdotes from real Christians- which wasn't as common because he would lack details. But their accounts helped him fill in the details of the fictional accounts he allegedly performed. 

If there is a Real God, this is NOT how He works, nor would He rely on con-men and hoaxsters to get the job done.  But you've heard He did- that's right, the con man insisted God Almighty worked through him and he was doing what God Almighty wanted.   Looking back, do you still buy that one?

No I do not.  VPW clearly lied about so many things I don’t trust his accounts anywhere.  I think he had other motives for many things like the India trip, chimes hour, etc.

PFAL included an extended account of a man with a withered hand being healed just like Jesus did.  That account has logistical holes in it but the homiletic reason for making it up is very clear.

Calling himself “The Teacher” and “The Doctor” are narcissistic terms that also play into his constructed persona.

His true personality was narcissistic, mean, and entitled.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Let me ask you? Do you believe people can manifest God’s power? 

A more pertinent question would be: do I believe people in the Way manifest God's power? The answer is no.

I think most of the upper structure knew the whole thing was a con, they just went along with it for whatever they could gain out of it, al la Rummy Michens in Major Barbara .

Edited by So_crates

9 hours ago, WordWolf said:

“If there is a Real God……”.   what a tremendous statement.
Why would a loving God allow His people to be tricked by con-men and hoaxsters?  Has he enjoyed watching the suffering all the folks at GSC have had to endure at the hands of VPW? Why has He just sat back allowing such mental and physical anguish and pain? So many woman this loving God has watched as they were sexually abused by the leaders supposedly representing Him.

I guess we are supposed to believe there is this supreme being floating around some place in the vast universe He created. Not only does he monitor our every action, but also our every thought. Not just your and mine actions and thoughts, but every person who has ever lived, and will ever live. And He keeps track of every action and thought, good or bad. If the thoughts are good He will lay some nice rewards on us at the end of time. If they are bad, forget it….you will be cast into the ever unquenching fires of hell for eternal suffering.

23 hours ago, So_crates said:

I dont know much about what manifesting the power of God actually is for TWI...I tend to think manifesting the power of God for TWI means a person can believe to get stuff so they can give stuff to the way international. 

What has happened in my life is God has worked mightily in my life before, during, and after the way international...especially after TWI. And yes: signs miracles and wonders. God is not bound by the way international, or anyone's believeing for that matter. God is not bound at all and the way international does not accurately represent him or know him. Most people rationalize God away and deny his existance...strange wonder they "see" no signs miracles and wonders....even if God did them they would get rationalized away as something else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cman said:

if you thought to really find answers, you would

Quite obviuosly I have been looking for answers and have presented questions on this forum. Most of my questions have been written in the form of sarcasm, expressing my belief there is no god. But, if you have the answers why all the suffering is allowed to go on, please lay them out. Just grab one question and explain it to me. 

15 hours ago, WordWolf said:

...when it doesn't happen here, he blames the people trying to get the deliverance.  Things were never vpw's fault, to hear vpw say it. 

No, I do not still buy that one. 

However, your post raises different questions. Reasonably so.

I would hope TWIers who still believe could muster the courage and rational reasoning to respond.

As to relying on con-men and hoaxsters to get the job done, it seems to suggest a negative response to you musing about whether "there is a Real God."

Human history suggests many cultures believed in a god or gods. I would ask how and why there's so much variation throughout the millennia.

Neal de Grasse Tyson has suggested answers to such questions. He's a smart and very thoughtful guy (scientist)

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

No, I do not still buy that one. 

However, your post raises different questions. Reasonably so.

I would hope TWIers who still believe could muster the courage and rational reasoning to respond.

As to relying on con-men and hoaxsters to get the job done, it seems to suggest a negative response to you musing about whether "there is a Real God."

Human history suggests many cultures believed in a god or gods. I would ask how and why there's so much variation throughout the millennia.

Neal de Grasse Tyson has suggested answers to such questions. He's a smart and very thoughtful guy (scientist)

I watched the “Why Do We Fear Death,” video 4 or 5 times and did not observe any explanation as to why past cultures believed in different Gods through the ages.
DeGrasse did say science does not address heaven, hell, or our past ancestors. His dying concern will be laying on his death bed and not having done enough to make man kind a better place. I went away reassured science does not find the existence for any god.

16 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

I watched the “Why Do We Fear Death,” video 4 or 5 times and did not observe any explanation as to why past cultures believed in different Gods through the ages.
DeGrasse Tyson did say science does not address heaven, hell, or our past ancestors. His dying concern will be laying on his death bed and not having done enough to make man kind a better place. I went away reassured science does not find the existence for any god.

2 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Human history suggests many cultures believed in a god or gods.

So, I take it you're asking for clarification?

I apologize if I implied that was something Dr Tyson suggested.

I'm thankful you viewed the video multiple times. 

Not everything I've learned over the 37 years since I left Victor Wierwille's cult could possibly be included in or explained by even the most brilliant American astrophysicist. :wink2: