GreaseSpot Cafe

CES Name Change

Raf

'S always interesting when someone brings up an old thread, though. So much on these forums that's current that it's easy to miss something that happened prior to one's personal history here.

Maybe this thread needs transplanting into the CES subforum - mods?

I wonder if the original participants of this thread still hold the same views, considering the personal prophecy and other things that have happened at CES?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread's got some hair on it. 2003!

Hair? I thought it looked more like mold..

:biglaugh:

but that's a good question.. I wonder how the current stfi "partner" thinks about the organization, with the prophecy "blues"..

js pretty much thinks they have a biblical "handle" on prophecy.

I know, it's childish and nonsensical and boorishly rude to make such a connection. Indicative of a small mind, so to speak, metaphorically speaking. I'm sure that all of STFI's plans and movements are big. But still, on the far end of the extreme of considerations someone must have blinked and smiled. Or maybe not. Guess not, by all appearances. Yet, there is sits like a duck - STFI.

Yup they said that very thing, which is why the name was kept. Good people won't notice. We don't want anyone who would.

This thread's got some hair on it. 2003!

I mentioned that I came across the thread while doing a search on Momentus. I was there when the name was selected, so I thought the insight would be interesting - even at this late date.

No prob, I'm not criticizing anyone for bringing it back up, it just amazed me for a second to see that year. Seems a long time ago now.

Tzaia, Momentus might be found cross searching the terms "money sucking tics" and "self help hell".

Whoever the head STFI is, I'm sure they're a real stand up guy.

Not wanting anyone who would make a word association with an acronym makes sense I suppose. It may not serve their purposes to have people who would look at a word and try to understand what it meant and what it stood for.

This "changing of the name" is supposed to be something "biblical". Like.. Abram becoming Abraham, Sarai becoming Sarah.. because something fundamentally supposedly changed.

In CES's case, what, if anyone could even see.. what fundamentally changed?

same "take" on "truth".. same classes, same materials.. same worn out "worda gawd" like it supposedly hasn't been known since the first century.

I really think that with the change of the name, they really thought something was changing in a fundamental manner. What was it supposed to be?

just a few thoughts..

This "changing of the name" is supposed to be something "biblical". Like.. Abram becoming Abraham, Sarai becoming Sarah.. because something fundamentally supposedly changed.

In CES's case, what, if anyone could even see.. what fundamentally changed?

same "take" on "truth".. same classes, same materials.. same worn out "worda gawd" like it supposedly hasn't been known since the first century.

I really think that with the change of the name, they really thought something was changing in a fundamental manner. What was it supposed to be?

just a few thoughts..

I got the impression they were leaning towards having more of an identity with church than being a teaching ministry and the name change was to signify the differentiation and keep them from the prying eyes of the IRS.

I think you might be interested in the notion that much of this change was built around the greater spiritual power derived from personal prophecy. Oh yeah, huge deciding factor.