The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Tapestry IS considered one of the all time great albums. I'm just not really much into her style. But MAN, she has a great voice!

Sudo, the resolution on that video is ok till you go full screen. Then it gets a little flaky. Not real bad though.

So anyone recognize all the musicians? Should be at least a couple that everyone can spot!

Rick

Be still my heart Eric Clapton, Charlie Watts, Steve Winwood, I think Jim Capaldi. I'm working on recognizing more but those right off the bat. I love this version of Layla but love MORE his slow version which I'll post tonight (the audio not video). I love this song but then you knew that I reckon.

Sushi, I love her voice but don't care for her singing that song. Sorry.

Okay, I see Pete Townshend and Ron Wood. I looked it up for the balance of the guys but thought I'd recognized Grech. The remainder is Ric Grech, Rebop Kawaku Baah and Jimmy Karstein.

They were having fun.

And this is the slow version of this song that I love. Sudo, do listen to this version please.

HERE

Did any of you guys get to see the memorial/tribute that was done for George Harrison?

It's available on DVD, and called "A Concert for George". It's one of the few concert DVD's worth buying, in my opinion. It's just rich with musicians and performers - one of the best gatherings of musicians I've ever seen!

Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynne, Sam Brown, Tom Petty, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Joe Brown, Jim Capaldi, Dhani Harrison (George's son - good guitar player in his own right), Marc Mann, so on.... Even Ravi Shankar's other daughter, Anousha (sp?) plays sitar at the beginning of the concert - she's absolutely incredible! (Norah Jones is one of Shanker's daughters, as well). Absolutely the best music on DVD - I love watching this! The concert was organized by Clapton and Harrison's son, Dhani - you just gotta see it, if you haven't already....

How could you miss JEFF BECK and BILL WYMAN

Are you serious? :redface:

But without even looking again let me ask were they standing next to each other in the back row do you remember?

Chas, please let me know if any of my links are hard to open because it could be my problem okeedokee.

Raf,

It was my trying to get you guys down here on the Nostalgia thread during the last episode, huh? I told you what ya'll had to do but 'ya know... I've forgotten specifically what I was going to have to post. Geeze..... and I'm only 53.

sudo