The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was searching to see if there was a video of Clarabelle's only words on Howdy Doody and stumbled on a fascinating video find.

Go to Google Video

http://video.google.com/

type in "Clarabelle" It brings up a 6 part interview with Buffalo Bob from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Each part is about a half hour long. I listened to part 5, great background on the Howdy Doody show.

I was just at Dizzyland last week, and noticed that they were selling coonskin caps again. I have no idea how those will go over now, but when my older brother had one in the 50's it was some fad.

I won't even start on Davey and Goliath though !

Kelly's 11 year old friend sang "Think Of Me" last night at an arts shows at their school.

Not a dry eye in the house, this child sang it so beautifully

I've not been lucky enough to see it yet, no.

Thanks Cowgirl!! Now how do I hear it?

It tells me to save it, which is all well and good, except for then I dunno where it is.

Tried to put it on Itunes whatever that is but that's not worked since I got it.

Any ideas?

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North

Cowgirl,

You're becoming the "go to" guy for someone wanting tunes. I like that one from Phantom as well. And Shell, I've found the itunes software likes to take over all your file associations on the computer. My middle daughter installed it. I quickly deleted it.

Here's another short clip but its about 6 meg so it won't load really fast. Just start it over when it's nearly through playing the first time and it'll be already loaded and not jumpy. Its a famous movie. Name the two actors speaking one of which didn't even get screen credit. Click HERE!

sudo

You guys are too good... I'll rip the most famous piece of that film if I'm asked :who_me:. But in the meantime.. here's something I heard early this morning (I'm up and at 'em at daybreak) on the way to the grocery store. Click HERE! and see if we *AT ALL* have the same tastes in music. Personally? I was enraptured and consider myself fortunate to have found it on the web to store and pass on.

If no one has a clue.. I have an explanation but I'll tell you this much.. it was featured in an Academy Award winning movie that I'd bet 90% of you guys have seen! It was just in a different format in the movie.

sudo