The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey I think I am going to order one of these Scarlett O' Hara figurines on the bottom of the page.

Good prices on E-bay. :thinking: No maybe not!

Sudo,

Well, I'll be dipped! I even read that guy's name and looked at his bio. but I didn't see the reference to the stairway scene at Tara.

Huh, here I was sure I had detected a hitherto unreported roll for Mr. Buchanan. I shoulda known better.

How about that Melanie though? The biggest B.S.er in the South I'd think. This is the only scene in the movie where she gets honest for a second, then immediately reverts back to the "butter-wouldn't-melt in-my-mouth" phony. Yeah, I know I'm cynical, - hey, it's my job!

Y'all are talking about the best movie ever made and the greatest heroine ever and didn't invite me to the party? :( I'm crushed!

Someone actually said that I reminded them more of Melanie than Scarlett. Imagine that! :P

I should be president of the GWTW fan club but I wouldn't have known either, George. You're good, Sudo!

Belle,

I'm embarrassed to tell you about where I get these clips because it makes me look OCD or something. But tell you I shall... I record movies to watch on my DVR recorder and then will copy the movie to DVD on my DVD recorder. I don't have to sit there the whole time the movie is being transfered, though. I then take the DVD to my computer and copy the entire movie to the hard drive. Now.. I use Nero Ultra, load the entire movie and then edit down to the clip I want to post.. then (are you still with me?) I export that clip, rename it and then upload it to a server.

Then.. I link to it just like I did the clip of the Yankee on the stairs with Scarlett and Melanie. That's just a WHOLE lot of trouble which is why I feel funny doing it.. so few people visit this thread anymore and I feel kind of foolish doing all that for two or three responses. I've had better responses for this last one though so maybe I'll do it a little more often.... I really appreciate the old movies, songs and tunes. But it doesn't seem to be a hot item at the Greasespot.

sudo

Sudo

For what it's worth:

I always enjoy the clips but I can't watch them on my own computer.

I have to wait until I can access my son's computer to view them.

And posting something of my own(beyond youtube) is a whole other matter.

Just wanted you to know your efforts are not unappreciated.

Wow! You do all that for us? :huh:

I'm impressed! And glad! It's cool knowing folks who know how to do such neat things and share their talents. :eusa_clap: :)

Thank you!

Regarding the lack of activity.... We cycle through lulls in activity here at the Cafe and I think this is another lull, and probably will be so until after the holidays now.

I know for me, I'm swamped at work with budget forecasting, pricing, profitability analysis, etc.... this is the time of year when I really earn my salary. It just crimps my social life for a bit. :biglaugh:

Please don't give up on us.

Kathy,

Re:"And I've become the Nostalgia thread killer so I stay away on purpose."

At long last we finally find out that it is *YOU* who has been the thread killer all along. But to show how forgiving, big hearted, understanding and truly magnanimous I am.. I'll post the following for you. It brings a tear to my eye just THINKING how merciful I can be.

The clip's a little dark but it IS supposed to be candlelight illumination after all. Does anyone need a little help on how to brighten up images on their computers? Anywho.. This isn't considered a cinema masterpiece by any means but this scene always seems to make me cry. And that's a big factor about how moving a movie can be, IMO. Maybe its because my children are only now becoming young adults? Oh.. and you'll need to turn your speakers up as the sound level is low for some reason.

sudo

I so enjoyed this, Sudo, I was a Bottle Dancer and a Mamma in the stage production of this. Picture a girl with a beard, ha, quite amusing.At least I could dance, back then......

Good play on words, George

Belle,

We're giving hints here now. The movie takes place in Russia in the early 20th century.. during the pogroms against the Jews there. The scene I posted was my favorite but here's one that's acceptable.. its the father of the bride in the clip I posted.

sudo