GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Boy, you turn off the computer for a couple of hours and all SORTS of stuff pile up in here!

Sudo, I might have recognized Randy Newman's voice even if Rick hadn't revealed it, but it was sure different from the Newman songs I'm used to. "Short People." That sort of thing.

Rick, nice song. Have NO IDEA who did it.

CK. I almost never watched the first show, though John Lithgow is a comic genius. The "Kiss my Grits" line was so popular, I didn't need to hear the clip. Of course, it wasn't the star of "Alice" who always said the line. Now don't make ME come over there. Keep posting clips! :biglaugh:

George

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick Mr. Bluzie!

Man oh man...that song you posted after the telephone story.. it completely sent me...

I remember years ago hearing this song... Kathy Mattea was an unknown to me at that time ... she sang it on the Johnny Carson Show... the next morning and went and bought the album...

what a song!

you tickled my insides rick...something I needed ... thanks :beer:

if i remember correctly... some twi idiot saying.. .oh what a depressing song... so negative... the guys out there ... poor ba*tard! <_<

Edited by A la prochaine

Hauntingly familiar describes it well - I had to come back and listen again and I asked myself, "What sex?" Hmmm, I wonder why we never see reruns of it, if it's what I think it is... After listening a second time, I think I do know which show it was from.

Hey Sudo, nice digs? :wave::dance:

if i remember correctly... some twi idiot saying.. .oh what a depressing song... so negative... the guys out there ... poor ba*tard!

I don't think that it's a depressing song at all. That's about the most romantic song that I've heard in a long time (ok Kathy, I still love that Marry You song). You can feel the love between them. The end reminds me of a couple of patients of mine that had been married for over 70 years (Yes, you read correctly) and were still so deeply in love!!

Moon Girl,

I'll admit that song I posted for you and your sweetie pie is romantic but it also genders other emotions :o whereas this one Rick posted is just flat out romantic. :wub:

Bowtwi,

Was I ever tickled to see your font here. You add to anywhere you post Girl. Hang around please! And don't laugh but I have to go listen to that song again cause I can't remember what it is without listening. :rolleyes:

brb

Well I don't know cause I'm not sure if you and SaintGeorge's part of the description of hauntingly might not actually be what some would refer to the show as. And bowtwi if you mean the main star would ask a question like "what sex" well you'd be right on.

Okay to recap my links should that be helpful.

HERE This one SaintGeorge gave an excellent clue on.

HERE This one SaintGeorge named...ALICE.

HERE This one still un-guessed although Moon Girl recognized the song.

HERE This one had a lead man that some swooned over for a period.

HERE This one SaintGeorge was close I suspect but I think bowtwi may know it.

Y'all have a wonderful day.

On the last clue, I preferred the star of the show when she was Gidget, wearing bathing suits instead of habits with ridiculous headgear.

Alice was a show I hated but watched anyway, perhaps because back then even mediocre sitcoms made for good time fillers.

I'm not certain about the other clues, tho I'm certain that the answers are lodged in my consciousness somewhere. I have to get to work and my brain hurts.

Having myself on automatic email delivery really does draw me back here. :unsure:

hiway29,

Yup! You know the star in the last link! And you about named it but just in case someone doesn't recognize it still and wants to guess I'll hold off on saying the actual name of the show.

As for Alice well I enjoyed the interaction of cast members the most and it was a woman's beating her chest kind of thing as well. :)

It was good to see you also hiwayman.

Back to work I go.

A jewish nun.....how interesting.....and I bet Ted is thankful you didn't decide to become one. :D

Okay back to work again.

Oh btw you named the one hiway29 just about named.

aha-another clue just gelled as I should have been working-the theme song about the Creek. I don't think I ever lasted 5 minutes past the opening, but I remember they used that song.

Well you know that one as well. And I admit I can't quite figure out why it held me attention as long as it did.

Now I know why you said "what sex". That show kinda danced around that topic didn't it? And I agree you never see reruns of it.

My hair was just like hers on my wedding day but it was loaded with stuff to keep it in place and I'd not considered that before I had it done and wore a blouse that had no opening but the head and I wanted to take that blouse with me on our honeymoon. :rolleyes: So my mother cut the seam in the top of the blouse and after helping me remove it without messing up my hair she sewed it back together so I could take it with me. Geez, all that for a dadgum favorite blouse.

Now are you sorry you brought up that television show? :D

So now I know you are both focused and rather exact. ;)

Oops Sudo you snuck in there dude.

Okay back again....I need to figure out what is open still, one sec and I'll be right back.

Okay to recap my links should that be helpful.

HERE This one SaintGeorge gave an excellent clue on.

HERE This one SaintGeorge named...ALICE.

HERE This one still un-guessed although Moon Girl recognized the song.

HERE This one had a lead man that some swooned over for a period.

HERE This one SaintGeorge was close I suspect but I think bowtwi may know it.

Y'all have a wonderful day.

Okay lets see.

The first one is still open and SaintGeorge guessed a name that is in the show.

The second one was Alice and Mr. Focused Exact Man got that one.

The third one is still open and hiwayman guessed CREEK which is part of the answer.

The fourth one is still open and MEDICAL is another clue. ;)

The fifth one was Flying Nun and Moon Girl guessed that one.

I think that is correct.

Edited by ChattyKathy