The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really don't know the attraction still but I enjoyed it for a time. I was never impressed with Joey (Katie Holmes) as a character though (too much angst) and I know nothing of her personally except she's having the baby of a man that I think is a jerk (Tom Cruise). But I did liked Pacey and Andie and they made the show worth it for me I reckon.

Well the day is nearly over. :)

Kathy,

I know you sing but do you read music? Here's the opening few bars and make note... it's in the original key.. two sharps. *I* know what key two sharps is because I was a French horn player in high school and college. I also play a little piano. I'd say MOST folks wouldn't know, though. Still, its a pretty good hint, huh?? Click HERE!

music.jpg

sudo

Sudo,

If I understand correctly a double sharp alters a note be a tone. And what Cowgirl brought us was I suspect very helpful in understanding due to Moon Girl's post but I'm still clueless. Perhaps I'm just off my game in general and am missing something quite obvious and will in time laugh at myself for it. :huh:

Sudo,

Wonderful piece...but I must say.. after the first two notes.. I shut the link off.

Yes, too many times of being put on hold I guess, and having that piece of music being played... in order to soothe my aggrevated soul for being put on hold for so long! :angry:

The straw that broke the camel's back was when my daughter was put on hold (for the umpteenth time) this summer after trying for over 2 months to have a phone installed in her apt. She stood in a hot phone booth, at about 90 F, for 45 minutes while P_ch_b_l's C_nn_n in D major played. Then, after all that, she had an answering machine come back and say... I'm sorry, you will have to leave your name and NUMBER (of which she did not have because they had failed to install her phone) and we will get back to you. :asdf:

She called me at that point from the phone booth in tears and said, "If I have to listen to that piece of music another second, I will need to be seriously medicated!" :(

I guess for some, it just doesn't have the 'soothing' effect!

I must admit tho' it does have a certain hypnotic effect. Reminds me of Ravel's 'Bolero' that way.

Edited by A la prochaine

:offtopic:

Thanks for pointing this little off topic doo dad out to me A-La!

First....BEST DAMN BAND IN THE LAND!

Well, I just finished watching Ohio State beat Michigan, which is always nice. Wish I could say the whipped Michigan's foot, but it was far from that. In fact, Ohio State was screwing up so bad I wasn't sure they were going to win. And Michigan played a very good game. But hey, they won and Michigan lost so that's what's imortant, right?

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

GO BUCKS!

Moony My Love;

Bucks in Ohio stand for Buckeyes and The Foorball Team is known as The Ohio Stete Buckeyes

We may have palm trees and bucaneers in Fl. but no Buckeye Trees do we?

Hey how about that Ohio State beat Michigan with a final few seconds left touchdown 25- 21 Yipee!!! :P :P

Edited by TED Ferrell