Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sudo,

I wanted to say hi to you real quickly but I reget that the post I was just fixing to post will now be added to this one as it really shouldn't be a part of your holiday read.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'll be away for a bit but wanted to ask the thread to forgive my outlet this morning.

I know that I'm broken in some ways and perhaps that should just shut my mouth but I also know that what we may perceive as compassion and support can be the opposite of what the victim needs. And if there is actually anyone that reads me and doesn't know I have all the room in the world to speak from a victim's perspective well consider this informing you of such.

I can tell you experientially that I didn't have the luxury of support boards/groups when at 4 my grandfather began what would be years of sexually abusing me. So I had to figure out something on my own from an immature mind of a child and I learned how to look past that evil in people. My abuse didn't stop as a child and I've not the freedom nor would it be wise at all to detail the other two times I could rightfully claim victim-hood but again the same blocks that formed thinking as a child was in part how I got through those things. Am I fixed? Heck NO. But am I able to live my life without keeping this box on my forehead filled with the image of my personal hells. If you don't know the answer if YES then you don't know me at all!

Whatever! Know what I mean you just get to the point that you don't think it's worth talking anymore.

Bye y'all. I love you for suffering me this morning.

HERE Still open if anyone thinks they know it. And Rick's link is related to it if you know this one you probably know that one also.

HERE Still open and the clue I gave was something about an abode in an unusal place and I'll add he later played in a movie with the star of another link I provided that had a nun in it.

Edited by ChattyKathy

OK, how about a couple nostalgic tunes?

I couldn't find the original for THIS one, but this version is cool too. So who can name the artist? By the way, the original was done by a group called The Womenfolk. If anyone has it, please post it!

The group that does THIS will be recognized by all, I'm sure. If anyone DOESN'T know who it is, ask and I'm sure someone will tell ya! :)

Rick

Hey Kathy, I think you mixed your links up there. :)

Rick

I did, I just switched them you speedy gonzales (sp). And are you messing with me because I was talking about a little box on your forehead? :D

Okay you made up for it in your second link. :)

Now I have some kick butt chili that has been smelling too dang good while cooking and is now ready to partake of so shall bid y'all ado for a bit.

And gosh Rick.....what a choice!

OK, now I found one that is REALLY nostalgic to me cause me and my FIRST band used to play it (although in retreospect, we played it pretty poorly:))

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING SONG HAS A "BAD" WORD IT IT. IF YOU ARE THE HYPER-SENSITIVE TYPE, DO NOT CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK!

OK, but seriously, I don't think anyone here will be offended! But be warned...it's almost 10 meg so be prepared to wait a few minutes!

Click HERE and tell me what you know of this song...who did it, etc. It has been rated as one of the top 100 guitar solo's of all time.

Now I have some kick butt chili that has been smelling too dang good while cooking and is now ready to partake of so shall bid y'all ado for a bit.

OK, don't know if it's ok to say your husbands name here or not so I won't, but....when is it that you and the better half are going to have me over for dinner? :biglaugh:

Rick(Who just LOVES chili:))

Edited by Bluzeman

Hey Kathy!

I don't know what got mixed up and what didn't but you just posted two tunes that I saw. The first one demands you take a shower or something and the second is what we were discussing earlier, right? Someone who runs from justice? Right?? How am I doing?

Rick... I'm still Billy Joel in Allentown. cov-mbrain.gif Ewwwww...

sudo

Rick, I'll listen now since my tummy is nice and full of yummy chili. :)

And I saved you a bowl. But you can't have any of our strawberry rhubarb pie. :P

Sudo, Oh poop did I bring the wrong link here. Dadgum I meant to bring the one not guessed. I'll brb

Oh before I go yup you got the first one for sure. Okay brb.

Oops what a bonehead am I! Okay just pretend like there is only one link up there. :blink: Because yup! That one wasn't actually named but we all know it and I didn't mean to bring that one. Hey wait! I do have a link not guessed. Geez...brb again...

I can't find it. I could have sworn I did a link for something. Well I'll post some more cause really mine are answered for the most part I think.

And while I was looking I realized no one ever explained to me the cannon thingie! :blink:

Sudo what a wild picture! ;)

Rick, I'm listening but I can't answer you yet.

Kathy,

Canon thingee?? As in.. (Click HERE!) Pachelbel's Canon in D Major?? We're sooooo bad in not 'splaining things long after folks are done dealing with them. Ah.. Pachelbel's canon... so sublime and peaceful. And since it was written 100's of years ago so, that sez that .... we're still affected by the same things as back then.

sudo

OK, how about a couple nostalgic tunes?

I couldn't find the original for THIS one, but this version is cool too. So who can name the artist? By the way, the original was done by a group called The Womenfolk. If anyone has it, please post it!

Rick

Ted and I were just talking about this song the other day. How cool is that!!!

Thank you Sudo for revisiting that and explaining it for me. And yup we can leave things behind can't we. :unsure:

I was going to post some more links but was away so I'll look now to do maybe a couple. But if I disappear again you will forgive me I hope you cool folk!

HERE You'll know this one but just for fun cause I need to be away again. :wave:

Kathy's doofy little theme song is driving me nuts! (A rather short drive, I might add.) I know I've seen teh show, probably many times; but I just can't place it. And Kathy's and Sudo's clues don't help. :asdf:

Rick's songs come up on my iTunes with title and artist, so there's no point in guessing. Actually, the last one with the guitar solo didn't give anything away, and I have no idea who did it!

Pachelbel's Canon was one of the songs Lucy and I had played at our wedding. As a recessional, we used John Philip Sousa's "American Wedding March." I dare you to find a clip of THAT! I think our wedding may have been the first performance of the piece in seventy years.

George

George, perhaps this will help.....HELMOND.gif

Rick, when I listened first to that song I was distracted but you know I was blown away with it when I listened the second time. I know who it is only by name but know nothing of the group so haven't a way of cluing y'all (is cluing a word?)

I'll find some better stuff tomorrow y'all.