The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right about the second one and I'll be back for more clues in a second but for now don't click on this one yet cause I'm testing it....so wait till I say okay to click on please.

Okay poop on a stick! I have more homework to do on that one.

Be back soon and I'll help with clues.

The first one: Moose

The third one: One of the actors also played in another link of mine not named but certainly implied by George (the sainted one)

Does that help? :)

Edited by ChattyKathy

Hmmm well now you have me cause I didn't know that.
Yep, this is the 2nd season of that show. Also, on that current show, there is a star of a former popular show from the 70's and last season was an actress from another show from the 90's that had a cult (Can I say that word here?) following. Edited by moony3424

Yeah. "Moose" was a giveaway, since it clearly wasn't Bullwinkle!

I'm thinking that the show that starred an old SNL star also starred the co-star of "McMillan and Wife."

Since Katerine Helmond only starred in "Who's the Boss" and one other show, it was the other one. At least now I understand Sudo's clue. Since Kathy mentioned that she had tried to post the "Rockford Files" theme, I'm wondering if that's what she meant by the star having appeared in a movie with Sally Field. Of course, it's possible that one of the many stars of the actual show in question starred with SF in a movie, as well.

George

SaintGeorge,

Yes it would be a giveaway to folks that watched it I thought. Did you watch it and if so did you enjoy it?

And you answered the mystery. I had meant to post the theme for the Rockford Files and remembered typing some details about it but then couldn't find it. So somewhere around here I mixed up clues and y'all still got whatever the song was. :blink:

You know the one I'm referring to without question because that would be the costar of this show. That would be the wife from McMillan and Wife which I also watched and enjoyed. Hmmm I think I watched television more then. <_<

After all this should I post the theme of Rockford Files? :rolleyes:

I had to google it but does it have something to do with 3? ;)

And if so then I don't know who the female is.

And can you say cult in here? :D

The show I was referring to is Numb3rs , which is on Friday nights. The female is Sabrina Lloyd, as a cop, who was also in Sliders . The other male was Judd Hirsh, as the father, who was also in Taxi . After saying this, I'm not giving away the star of the show that you posted with the clue "moose", who is also in this show.

You did an excellent job of not giving away the main character while leading me on a mystery. :)

You know all three if my memory serves me and I know it was only yesterday but I swear I already write myself notes or I'll forget things. What is us with that crap! :angry: Hmmm perhaps age. :D

Okay since you know them all and it's been slow around here go for it Moon Girl.

Moon Girl is going to return and answer all three of my latest links so I better give a couple new ones. On both of these I'll give you the name next to the song because to do otherwise is dorky for they are so well known. But what I'd like is for y'all to name the singer in both.

HERE Fools Rush In

HERE Ac-cent-tchu-ate The Positive

Oh crap! I'm using a new software program and I see it retained the name of the song and singer. SO PLEASE DON'T LOOK AT THAT until I can learn how to not include it. :blink:

Hi y'all !!

I don't know if this particular song ever made it to the movies but it sure was a big hit !! It's a real carefree, light-hearted, happy-go-lucky, easy-going, sunny, untroubled, breezy type of song!! In fact when I'm taking on too much , I can hear the music going through my head.......................da da da da da da

I'm sure you guys will get this one right off the bat, if not here is one more clue !!

Ornshagen%20cobblestone%20road.G3-1843.jpg

After all this should I post the theme of Rockford Files? :rolleyes:
Yes! I think it was one of the best TV themes ever.

George

HERE :)

Cowgirl I have to be away but will listen while I'm busy and reply when I can but it may be a bit okay.

I don't see a link. I thought when I clicked on your picture it was in there. I'll be back and check again in a bit. :)

I came back to say duh is me. You gave a verbal clue. Please forgive the person who on occasion insists on posting as me. :blink: She can be a tad of a bonehead. :wave:

Thanks for the clip, CK. Didja ever notice how most of the TV themes that actually got air time on the radio were cop shows? Right off the bat, I can think of Hawaii 5-0, the Rockford Files, and Hill Street Blues; and I imagine there are others I could think of with a little time.

There was always the theme for "Cops." :wave:

I think I lean toward law or medical in the theme as favorites. I loved "The Practice" and "West Wing", "ER" (before it became a soap opera) and "Chicago Hope". And speaking of themes once on"Chicago Hope" they were trying to come up with a logo theme for the hospital (part of the storyline) and they came up with the same theme as "ER" but with "Chicago Hope" pictures. I thought it was funny because they were kind of spoofing on "ER". But probably one of my all time favorite shows was "Northern Exposure".

( why do you have to always change these ' " when you transfer it here)