GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Cowgirl,

I'm a little late coming into this but I think I've got it nailed... it's the Coke theme, isn't it? From way back in the early 70's where they were trying to act like flower children/hippies because it was cool at the time?? I liked it.

sudo (so GOOD at this)

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mooney,

I'm sorry... I must not give those discounts because I don't know what they are. Is it something to do with dental insurance??? And Rick... yeah... tough room. I'm bombing up here. But seriously folks, just flew in from Chicago and boy are my arms tired. Ka-Chink!

sudo

Sudo, that's a very nice picture of you and your lovely. :)

Cowgirl, that was a great clue and I certainly wouldn't have gotten it. :huh:

It was nice how y'all handled who was the first to get it (bowtie). Nice hiwayman! And it was an excellent clue of bowties as well! But SaintGeorge was pretty close even as he wondered when he said beer commercial.

I couldn't quite figure out what kind of discounts Moon Girl was looking for though so she made me laugh. :D

Bowtwi, what color is the Princess going to have in her room?

Rick, hubby said not to forget the venison you promised him.

Hubby is heading to Mississippi with one of the neighbors to do some fishing and relaxing.

I think I've had too much testosterone-apple.jpg around me lately. :(

(and I've not felt well and have been incredibly busy at work so I'm sorry I've been away a tad)

Mooney,

I'm sorry... I must not give those discounts because I don't know what they are. Is it something to do with dental insurance???

Yea. I've got some oral surgery scheduled for next week. I found out how rotten my dental insurance is compared to how expensive the procedure is. (I'm not looking forward to the pain either. Anybody have spare morphine?) :(

Mooney,

Hey, girl.. it can't be that bad. You feel no pain during the procedures and the narcotics afterwards are pretty good :D Aw... I think you'll do just fine.

Kathy... insulted us men did you? I've been looking at what all you've posted and it HAD to have been the post about testosterone? Is that it? OK, then. Yea... We're all pretty insulted. All of us guys have been Private

Messenging each other back and forth ALL DAY over how OFFENDED we all are, I'll have you know. Lots of tears were shed, too. I mean, we're sensitive kind of guys around here. Give me a minute...... OK.... I'm alright now (snif).

We need a new tune don't we? How about a short snippet from a recent release. Or... maybe not so recent. Click HERE! Sound familiar? 9 seconds should be all you need.

sudo

Sudo,

You do make me laugh you do. I love the way you put things. Of course remember it took me a few minutes to figure some things out. :)

I've heard that theme, I just know I know it but can't bring to mind yet, nor can hubby when I asked him.

Cowgirl,

Which reminds me it took me forever to figure out a clue was a clue. I wanted to respond to what the person was saying and often that was difficult because clues don't necessarily make a lot of sense on their own. So feel at ease while you learn. And your last clue was extremely good.

Sudo,

I love you guys but I mean all of you well most of you I should say but I feel more like all of you have this thing going and lately it seems pretty strong in a few. I mean last night hubby was ready to rumble in the circle when 3 cars came in and parked at the same time with one somewhat blocking part of our drive. But what got his attention was they were all dressed in black. I could see but he was blocked by his van that they were heading toward the neighbors and he (approx 18) and the same aged young man from across the street were in the driveway greeting them. But without hubby seeing the greeting team he was moving out with some energy when I was able to stop him and direct where they were going. So he stopped but his body had to pace it down. He has started back in martial arts and he's been involved with Aikido, Karate and a Judo mix called something that I can't recall at the moment. I think that is part of the physical thing going on but it was just a tad too much yet what appropriate actions should there not have been someone he knew there greeting them. He needs to fish and relax. That's all I'll say about you men. ;)

I'll post something maybe later also.

And thanks Sudo.....you do make me smile and I needed it. :)

Mooney,

Hey, girl.. it can't be that bad. You feel no pain during the procedures and the narcotics afterwards are pretty good Aw... I think you'll do just fine.

So you don't think I'll need the morphine drip.:mellow: I really wanted the little button.

...and what about the pain to the pocketbook? Ouch!!!

I feel your pain, Moony, you poor kid! I've had over $1000 in dental work done since the summer and I need another $1500 or more in the foreseeable future. I have zero dental insurance.

I pray you heal real quickly from all the discomfort, physical and financial!!! :D

As long as we're posting pictures, I want to make an unabashed plug for some other threads that Nostalgians would probably like and be good at. These are the "Name That Tune," "Name That Flick," and "Movie Pictionary" threads. The first two are straightforward: You give a line from a song or movie, and the others guess it. The winner gets to pick the next song or film. The song has to be one that had air time on the radio, and the film can't be a made-for-TV special. And "googling" is NOT ALLOWED! (It would be far too easy simply to enter the line into a search engine. With Movie Pictionary, one posts the title of a movie in picture form, using internet pictures, the way others have posted pictures in this thread. It doesn't have to be a word-for-word presentation of the title, but when sounded out, the title should be apparent. Here's one I did that I thought was fairly clever, to give you a feel for the game:

tilting%20mirror.jpg

Bill_Cullen_m.jpg

detail.jpg

forts.jpg

C_3_tvnews_6332_altre_fotorete_foto_1_af_tvnewsimage.jpg

The correct guesser then posts the next puzzle. We really need new blood in that thread. It seems as if only Raf and I are playing. :(

(If you don't recognize the men in the photos, I might give more clues later.)

George

P.S. I'm not trying to hijack THIS thread. I just think that the folks posting here would enjoy the other threads, as well!

George,

You're not the only one to make plugs for other threads because, heck, I've plugged THIS thread so many many times. You go right ahead. I can't complain because you add so much to this thread but please... don't be disappointed if the response is not what you expected. I think most folks here are aware of the other similar threads but maybe its just not their thing.

Mooney... I had never heard that song but googled it to see what it was all about. What an interesting story and I think that young lady who did it back in 1953 is still alive and recalls it fondly!

Rick... I have a tune that I'm only going to post a snippet of. See? I end sentences in prepositions all the time. The reason I'm singling YOU out on this one is because I have good reason to believe you'll recognize it right off. Click HERE! and let me know if my suspicions are correct. Of course, ANYONE who thinks they know who is singing that song may answer. That's just how we do things here. But... I have that whole song on my hard drive in MP3 format. :D

sudo (thinking its beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!)

P.S. I'm still waiting for someone to answer the 9 sec wonder.... HERE!

This song was from a very popular movie (not one I particularly cared for) but I really took a liking to this song that was played at the beginning of the movie. If anyone knows the title and the artist singing it, go for it !!

Give a LISTEN !!

Sudo, I have no idea what your first tune is (probably way before my time anyways) the second one, all I know is the title (I used to sing it growing up) but I haven't a clue who is singing it.

Edited by Cowgirl

Why Sudo, I believe that would be some happy elderly somebody. Woo hoo! I'm really liking this game tonight!

Here's my first attempt at posting something here, thanks to Sudo's most impressive assistance.

Usually I don't enjoy when somebody else covers a song I loved by another artist, but in this case I was really impressed. Can anyone tell me who [link removed] singer is?

Oh Sudo, live forever!

Edited by Modaustin

Why Sudo, I believe that would be some happy elderly somebody. Woo hoo! I'm really liking this game tonight!

Here's my first attempt at posting something here, thanks to Sudo's most impressive assistance.

Usually I don't enjoy when somebody else covers a song I loved by another artist, but in this case I was really impressed. Can anyone tell me who <ahref=ftp://baygeeks.com/Mom/THIS.wav>THIS</a>singer is?

Oh Sudo, live forever!

Sorry, Bowtwi, it didn't come up as a link!

George

PS Any guesses on my visual puzzle?

Good mornin!

Well George, I'm lost. I slightly recognize the last man, but don't know any of their names. The only clue I even think I get is the first one. I'm impressed with all you can post in one picture there! Very nice.

I, however, haven't developed the skill required to post a link like y'all do. But I will learn.

Sudo - I thought I had followed your example to the letter, but then when it didn't work I tried to replace the http with ftp, and you can see what I ended up with. Can you tell me where I'm going wrong?

Cowgirl - I don't know your song, but the title came up when I clicked on the link. :spy:

Bowtwi,

Not meaning to slight anyone as I still haven't the opportunity to give this my best but perhaps it is two things and I'm just guessing.

But I think if you change your ftp to http and change your THIS to what the link is called in the html server you are linking us to it may work.

Here is the comparison for some visual should that be of help.

http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~sudo/jolly.wav

ftp://baygeeks.com/Mom/THIS.wav

My best to y'all.