GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Hi again, I hope all is having a good day. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings if someone tried to guess my last links ya know.....;)

Okay, well even though no one tried to name my movie I'll give another clue to guess but it's not a season one okeedokee.

These are from a movie around 20 years old. The movie itself was interesting in light of the basic purpose of this thread.

See if you can name:

The artist(s)

The song name(s)

The name of the movie they came from

HERE

HERE

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's just beautiful outside right now, the snow is coming down, huge fluffy white flakes, I just finished deocrating the tall trees with Christmas tree lights that line the dirt driveway that goes up to my house. I'm about to put some lights on one of my apple trees and along some of the wooden fence. I have that particular Christmas song going through my head right now and I can't wait any longer to share it (even though no one got the clues, but that's cool !!

There might be a 7 second advertisement before you get to hear and see it, but here it is..................

Click here !!!

That's a real nice song, Cowgirl - I had never heard it before. I do like Alan Jackson! I love the mental picture I have of your place lined with Christmas lights. We've not started our decorating yet - that pesky homework has been eating up so much of what we would consider our spare time. We have, however, baked a bunch of cookies and shared them with our neighborhood, so we're at least on our way...

It's been snowing here almost all day (those big fluffy flakes) so we've got a real nice covering. Fortunately for the princess, today was an "early-out" day so she was home at 1:15 this afternoon. She really loves to play in snow, the little displaced Floridian!

(((((Kathy))))) What's going on???? That is all I know.

Debbie came over for homemade spaghetti dinner last nite and wine of course.

On the Alan Jackson song, I had to let them update some kind of license b4 it would play for me.

Nice song, LOVE ALAN JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, that's the second song. What's Going On. Do you know the artist?

And it's part of a soundtrack for a movie that seems appropriate for our thread theme nostalgia. Or it does to me. The other song is from the same. And if you knew both you'd know they date themselves so that's another clue. :)

It was very nice to see you here act2. I miss you. Any news that you hear regarding Debbie and Steve I know you'll email me. Oh btw did you....yup you know just what I was thinking. :D

I'd of loved to hung with you two. I'm not very subtle at hinting to come back am I :D

Okay I'm going to guess on the song and I have his stuff so I'll play it here. Is it Drive?

Sudo and Shell,

If you only knew, or perhaps that's just it....you do know!....that I've looked behind my monitor and under the printer and I try to listen for little chirpy noises. But I must laugh again because it was almost like I had this sign on my door going mice welcomed here because everyone looking for him came in and asked had I seen it. Now lets just visit that for a second. Like I would just calmly sit at my desk while some mouse came in and took a look around and then went on by. I think one of them would have known I had seen it had I. :)

I know your song of course but can't place it to a particular movie yet. But I'm thinking here okay. And I wonder if Morgan might not be onto something. Could it have been a commercial for the movie maybe....

Chattykathy, sorry I still can't figure it out and Sudo, I've heard the song quite a few times but I can't place the movie.

Here's another one of my favourites, I'm absolutely positive you have all heard this, MAJOR hit done back in the early 70's if I am correct.

runner.jpg

standin5.jpg

004-04-2000.jpg

I know I know, don't tell me, this is TOO easy!!

Edited by Cowgirl

Kathy,

Aw.... Shell sent me this pic taken of that mouse at your office. Please have mercy! Poor little mousey!! He just wants to be loved!!!!

That reminds me of an incident at work a few weeks ago. I was trying to print, but the printer got jammed. I opened it up and out ran this HUGE pametto bug!!

A palmetto bug is a native Florida insect and actually is just a large cockroach with wings, and can be either of the American or Australian species. They don't live in palmetto trees and the name of palmetto bug seems to have been only an attempt to make these sometimes enormous cockroaches a bit more socially acceptable. Although unpleasant, the palmetto bug doesn't bite, which makes it a little less unpleasant than the fire ant and the waterbug.

PalmettoBug.gif

By the way, the pic is about the right size of a normal bug.

Edited by moony3424

Yucky! I moved away from Florida because of those dang things. :) Not really of course! <_< Once I was panting a house and one ran up my leg and instead of knocking it off with my paint brush I painted it onto my leg instead. I started running around screaming until I realized the dang thing was still there wiggling under the pressure of the paint and I scraped it off of me. Oh yuck times two!

But you do have a lovely state. :P

(praying for you today)

The first time I had anything done like that I had just taken the PFAL class and I told the dentist I could do it without anything to numb me. He laughed and went on with his administering the shot. Afterwards he prescribed me something for pain but again I said I think I'll be okay and not need it. He must have thought me crazy but see I'd just learned about SIT and how it comforts you and I thought I was invincible. About an hour after the surgery I was looking for my drugs!

And isn't it wonderful how a man can distract us.

Ohhhh maaan, Moony that is so gross, the bug that is, we don't get bugs that big up here, the thing that grosses me out is having to step on it and listening to the sound it would make and all the stuff that would come out of him because of his size....................ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Sushi I don't know who the statue is of and ChattyKathy, right you are!!!

CLICK HERE !!

Oh do I love this song, I never tire of it !!!!!!

Edited by Cowgirl

You hear a popping noise and then gush. OH MY GAWD barf me right out that dang door it does!

And cool. I love that song as I mentioned but its neat how when you click on something you have no idea what lies ahead and I love that aspect of the game we play here. Sometimes my ears go EEK and down the volume goes or sometimes I go WOW and play it over and over again.

And about the commercial in the beginning of that last one. Did ya hear she and he are kaputs. Oh the drama of those who live on the outside. But I must admit she certainly does take care of herself.

Cowgirl,

<B>*I*</B> saw the video!! Good internet hunting, girl!! Here's one from a Christmas classic movie that nearly everyone here has seen. Click <a href=http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~sudo/bells.wav><font color=red>HERE!</font></a> and name the movie!!

<center>sudo (telling you guys... you've ALL seen this movie at least ONCE)</center>

Everyone's heard the song, for sure! I believe the movie was "Bells of St. Mary's."

George

I hate to eat and run but...

I'm doing just that. I've sampled and enjoyed the feasts of music offerings here but I am leaving. And where I go you can not follow. But here's what Pawtuckett sent me... authenticated grade 'A' Nostalgia by an independent not-for-profit agency. I post it for your enjoyment because where I go can not. 'Tis sad but true. I am taking a leave of absence as there are issues more pressing for me at the moment than caretaking the Nostalgia thread. So as I leave you now... here's what Pawtuckett sent me... Click HERE! and listen with a purpose. It's golden nostalgia without a doubt. But who IS is it???

I don't expect you to know who it is. Oh, maybe I'm expecting Hiway29 to know ...(Heck *I* didn't know) but other than that listen and hear all the clues... the question you have to answer is, what year was it produced??

sudo

P.S. Cowgirl.. great post. And the answer to my question? Where was that version of Carol of the Bells from??? None other than, Home Alone believe it or not.

P.P.S. You all can't go where I'm going because I'm going to Nashville's Gaylord Opryland's hotel for a dental continuing education course and NONE of ya'll are dentists!! (I don't think). But I'll be back Sunday at the latest!!