Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cowgirl,

Don't go getting discouraged.. you're very close. Just do exactly as I say... HTML code is very unforgiving. I see you've uploaded your song again only you didn't change the name of the song BEFORE YOU UPLOADED IT! Change the name first. You want to change the name to simple.mp3 then do so before uploading it then.. here's what you type in your post.. <a href=http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~cowgirl/simple.mp3>HERE!</a> to get the link pointing to the word HERE!

I think you might get it the next time :)

sudo

Sudo,

Methinks you have special powers...hmmm... ;)

Rick,

I want those also. :rolleyes:

Cowgirl,

Not to throw more on you but if you type it exactly as Sudo has it here you have to opt:

HTML On – Raw Linebreak Mode next to Post Options at the bottom of the post page.

<a href=http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~cowgirl/simple.mp3>HERE!</a> (Sudo's way using gsc HTML option)

Or you can post the link like the one below and not have to alter that. Link not good yet...just so you can see what it would look like.

HERE

Also if you need any help altering the name of the song before you transfer it into your server account let me know and I may be able to help okay.

Sorry dear! I was gonna say I think I need to speak another language to enjoy that one and that was the link not your popsicle thingie.....you'll get it. You're darn close. Get away from it for awhile. That's what I have to do.

Okay one more tidbit for when you return tomorrow. You don't have to type HERE anywhere but in the link deal where it says Enter the title of the webpage.

Sudo,

At first I thought your link was "March of the Toy Soldiers" but that wasn't right. I have a feeling that it involves a wind-up doll, but I just can't place the tune for sure.

George

Yeah, I was thinking the same but I came to my conclusion strickly based on what the Rockettes dressed and danced like at times.

Sudo,

A toy soldier? Honest to pete I'm sitting here making my brains hurt from thinking. :huh: :)

Cowgirl,

You were oh so close... you were off by a space. See, you didn't put a space between 'a' and 'href'. You posted ahref=.. Like I said... HTML code is very unforgiving. It makes you do it EXACTLY to work. But there is that other matter I told you about.. there is no song named simple.mp3 in the Cowgirl folder and that's what all that link stuff is all about... letting everybody hear the file you've placed in your folder. You have to rename the song and then upload that song. Actually, you can just go to your folder and rename it there, if you'd prefer. You're so close!

Kathy and George... Ya'll got it! Santa's favorite is the toy soldier and what were the Rockettes doing to help Santa show this? Why marching in precision drills like I used to do in the marching band. You don't much of that any more in high school bands but it was standard back in the 1960's. I wish you guys could have seen it. It's magnificent to watch.. Listen again! Click HERE! You might want to jump to the 50 sec. mark.

rockettes.jpg

sudo

Hey CowgirlAs Sudo said, you were very close! You sent the file to the server, had it in the right directory and all. But the file had a real long name with a lot of blank spaces. Althought you can do that if you use quotes, it's a lot easier to just rename the file to something simple. In this case, I logged into your account and made a copy of the file called sss.mp3. Now you can just use the little snippet of html code that Sudo gave you.I'm going to post it for you HERE! but I want you to go ahead and try again yourself.

Rick

Edited by Bluzeman

Rick,

Good grief!

:redface:

CK, cute. It reminds me of an old cartoon (strip) I saw where an interviewer is interviewing Santa, who is dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and surrounded by elves working under palm trees. Santa says, "I've never regretted relocating to Florida!" (The cartoon was over twenty years ago, and a Google search didn't find it.)

George

George,

Yes, I was a little bit uncomfortable with Rick's post, too, primarily because it seemed to be real children singing the crude lyrics. Not that I'm any angel, heck, I posted Walkin' 'Round In Women's Underwear myself. But back in the 50's and 60's you couldn't even say the words on that song on TV shows because they were considered too crude but today we have children singing them? Maybe I'm a wrinkled up old prude :(

Now for the tune that Paw sent me... I have to say I was surprised. Click HERE! Yes.. your first impression is probably correct as to who this is. I didn't edit it for lenght either as I find it interesting as to how the singer had been managed. This was obviously not his style. What's you guys' take on it??

sudo

By the way, the one that I posted that seemed to offend some...the only word I know that could have been offensive was farted...if there were any words in there worse than that, I apologize...I guess I missed them.

Rick

Edieted for stupid spelling error.

Edited by Bluzeman