GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

No Rick,

Don't worry about it but what I WOULD like to know is... you never took a stab at my Rockettes tune... now that you know it was toy soldiers Santa was talking about.. is it at all your cup of tea? What I mean is, we all have different tastes in music. Some like Blues, some rock, some jazz, some classical etc... but really watching the rockettes perform to this music was very moving for me. Click HERE! and go to the 50 second mark.

sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cowgirl,

That was a wonderful song of Billy Dean's. I have some of his music. I don't have that one or I'd of brought it here for you.

What was the song that I guessed? You don't have to bring it here but please can you tell me which (begging here)? :)

And I believe when our guys say it's really easy they believe it is. But it does take exact strokes of a variety when you're downloading and renaming and opening your account on Rick's server and uploading the song. Then you have to be very exact in your link properties here. And to add to the thing they like to use this html option and I prefer not to. It does some funky things I can't figure out how to offset. :blink:

Sudo,

That was familiar a voice, but is the person normally a singer?

SaintGeorge,

I do believe I've seen that one or very close having been raised in Florida. We had a delightful version of The Night Before Christmas and I had a copy for years but was lost in a trunk of our things once upon a sad time. Anyway it was delightful though. It went something like:

There was no chimney which caused no glum

Santa came in through the Florida room.

~

No cookies and milk for him to be feed

Key lime pie and a coke instead.

That is not the exact phrases but it was great. I wish I could find it again but I think it was a hand me down thing and I wouldn't begin to know how to find it again.

Sushi,

I'm doing something wrong on yours. Get back with you okeedokee.

Moon Girl,

You ever hear that story before down there?

Morgan,

I didn't know what I was in for when I clicked on it because of what SaintGeorge and Sudo had said and I know this Bluzeman and knew it could have been a wild ride. And it did shock me at first cause the voice was so young and for some reason it surprised me. The song though about farting is something my nephews who would be embarrassed I was ratting on them would have laughed till their sides hurt over. There seems to be this amusement produced from the sound coming from your butt when you're a certain age male. I've heard tell they even had contests. I do believe that in this regard I'll stay with the girl things I had at that age. They were odorless. :)

Rick,

Hubby said to tell you that clip was MOST EXCELLENT!

do believe that in this regard I'll stay with the girl things I had at that age. They were odorless.

Yeah, right. I've heard that one before.

That "Santa's Lap" ditty is sung by a group of real kids called The Little Stinkers. That's what makes it so darn funny. The first time I heard it on the radio I about went into the ditch.

I don't which is more politically incorrect, that one or "Hark the Hair-Lipped Angels Sing."

"There seems to be this amusement produced from the sound coming from your butt when you're a certain age male. "

Cath,

There is no "certain age" for a male to enjoy a good fart, whether it be from his own butt or someone else's. I'm 46, and still do. A couple of years ago, I saw "Escanaba in Da Moonlight", and there is one scene in there where I laughed until I cried.

Just like this smilie, :dance: .

a. It's probably a guy.

b. He's probably farting up a storm.

c. He's probably enjoying the hell out of it. :biglaugh:

Edited by Sushi

Yeah, right. I've heard that one before.

Hey You! My farts don't stink....well...cough cough....I don't fart anyway...I'm a girl you know!.... :D

"There seems to be this amusement produced from the sound coming from your butt when you're a certain age male. "

Cath,

There is no "certain age" for a male to enjoy a good fart, whether it be from his own butt or someone else's. I'm 46, and still do. A couple of years ago, I saw "Escanaba in Da Moonlight", and there is one scene in there where I laughed until I cried.

Just like this smilie, :dance: .

a. It's probably a guy.

b. He's probably farting up a storm.

c. He's probably enjoying the hell out of it. :biglaugh: :)

Even though our pirated one may think us women are amongst you in this I think men would win and you sound like you'd be a willing participant. :unsure:

Somehow my smilie ended up in your quote, so here's another one. :)

Yes.. your first impression is probably correct as to who this is. I didn't edit it for lenght either as I find it interesting as to how the singer had been managed. This was obviously not his style. What's you guys' take on it??

My first impression was Rodney Dangerfield doing Elvis. Upon further review, I think it was Elvis doing Rodney Dangerfield!

:D

George

And you know what (besides the fact I'm not working when I should be) I heard a DJ this morning make a dumb remark to a fellow onliner about a song that'd just played Cats in the Cradle and he said hmmm is that one of those moral songs and if so was his dad happy he was just like him or not to which the other replied I don't know but let's not play it again to find out then quickly chimes in only kidding for folks who might call to complain which of course I never would. I only bring it here for you innocents to enjoy. :o

I'm gone I promise.

Cowgirl,

Congratulations girl!! Now what did I say? I TOLD you that you were going to get it. And now that we all know you know how to post tunes... we'll be expecting some more from you! I like Go Tell It On A Mountain, too. In fact.. I like most Christmas songs. Uh, maybe I could do without the dogs barking Jingle Bells, though? :P

Now George and others... a little hint on the song Pawtuckett sent me (Click HERE!) The musical instrument most associated with this performer is heard strumming in the background at the 10 second mark and continues for only about 8 seconds where it fades out nearly entirely. What's that instrument, folks? And who is the singer??

sudo

GOT IT!! It has to be Tiny Tim. That hint about the ukelele did it. Not used to him with such a low voice and not smashing those tulips.

Dec. 17, 1969: Tiny Tim marries Miss Vicki on "Tonight." It remains the highest rated Carson show ever.

Did anybody else here catch this?

c69506wfct1.jpg

Edited by moony3424

I thought Tiny Tim was famous for his high-pitched voice (I could be totally wrong, I've never heard him sing low) and for playing the ukelele, I remember him on the Ed Sullivan show.

I'll share a little incident about him when I was growing up. I can't remember what grade I was in but we had to do public speaking and I chose to do my speech on none other than Tiny Tim. I had long curly or wavy hair just like his, my dad cut me a ukelele out of wood and I covered it in that real "cool" sticky paper with that flower power theme all over it. I even had those plaid "elephant pants" I think they were called. Well I had to get up in front of the whole school and all their parents to deliver this speech. The speech part when just fine but when I went to sing "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" in my highest pitched voice and play my fake ukelele, all I can remember is the look on everyone's faces, they were just roaring with laughter!!! I just about died there right on the spot!!! Of course when I look back on it now, it was hilarious !!!

Anyways, that was my brief introduction into Tiny Tim.

Edited by Cowgirl

Hey Pirate, good to see your face here....please don't be such a stranger! I think other than Sudo, you are the only one here that has been with this thead since it's inception (enception? uh, me don't speel too wel.). And I was a couple pages from the start, but not many. :)

This thread is interesting, cause it's alway's fun. There are very few "drama" moments here, just a good time! So Pirate, how long has it been now? 3 years at least, right?

Yep Cowgirl, you have done well! But now you have to get with me or Sudo and let us teach you how to use the program that Sudo sent to you. Among other things, it will strip out the track info so it won't show up in any of the media players that people are using. Not hard to learn. It's the same thing as I said to you before...not one big deal at all...just a gazillion small deal's. :)

But seriously, the program that he sent to you is REALLY easy to use, once you have it all set up. And Sudo or me either one can tell you how we have our's set up.

So give it a try, or email me if you want me to help!

Hey, anyone else here that would like to post links....and just don't know how...:) I will be more than happy to help you learn how, as I'm sure Sudo will be also. And if you need server space, just let me know...I'll hook you up!

Rick