GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

:wub: Thank You!

And I just logged into livechat cause I saw Shell's name there but she was gone but now my name is showing up like I'm in there and I ain't and I don't know how to get me out of there. Geez! That's what I get for messing around when I should be working.

:unsure:

:biglaugh:

Moon Girl I went in cause I saw you were there and then it said you left and now it says I'm in there again.

I'm going back to work I promise.

Okay, I lied.

If I'm still in there later on will someone go in there and get me out please.

Now I really am going back to work. :wave:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or I could bring over one of my million pairs of boots (black mostly) if you'd like.

Kathy

I just looked in my closet and I can't find my boots. What size are you? Or I could look for a pair at lunch.

Sudo

I'll have to wait to listen until I get home from work, but I love the Hippo Song.

Edited by moony3424

It sounds an awful lot like "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas," but I had to look up the singer's name (Gayla Peevey), certainly not a household name.

George

Are My Ears on Straight is on the same Album.

hippo-thumb.jpg

Decided that since I'm leaving tomorrow, I better start packing.

Edited by moony3424

See? I knew Mooney would know that one!!

We have an easy listening oldies rock kind of station that plays nothing but Christmas music after Thanksgiving. You guys probably all have a station like that too. I get so tired of hearing "Santa Baby, coming down the chimney tonight" three times a day and never "Are My Ears On Straight". Or for that matter this next one.. You all know the singer but this song may throw you. Click HERE!!!

sudo

Ok.. nobody knows but I'm not surprised because.. *I* didn't recognize her voice either. This is not her usual style. Before I give it up, I'll post something she did that may be more familiar just as a hint, mind you. Click HERE!

And while you're cogitating on that one.. here's a guy who has been doing popular music since the 50's. Not that I particularly cared for his style but he is well known. And he seems to like doing Christmas stuff, too. Click HERE! and see if this sounds familiar.

sudo (who really liked "Are My Ears On Straight")

....here's a guy who has been doing popular music since the 50's. Not that I particularly cared for his style but he is well known. And he seems to like doing Christmas stuff, too. Click HERE! and see if this sounds familiar.
sudo (who really liked "Are My Ears On Straight")
What happened that spring afternoon in the log-and-stone chalet those many years ago....(oops...forgot to change the html setting) Edited by ChattyKathy

George,

Indeed! Why, in some situations, its the same thing :o

sudo

P.S. I don't understand your clues Kathy..log-stone chalet? Rockbag bass guitar? As Krys used to say, I'll be wearing the dunce cap in the corner. But the first singer was Ella. :D

If the first singer is Ella then my clue of the rockbag pl bass guitar which was a clue to Rick with the first and last initial of who I thought the singer was is wrong. So it's a nothing anyway. :( But my clue of What happened that spring afternoon in the log-and-stone chalet those many years ago is tied to the exwife of the person I think is singing your second clue. I hope that helps some. :unsure:

There's a fine line between "naughty" and "nice"!

George

Yup! :)