The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just stopped by cause I heard someone mention mind expanding substances. :)

That has to be Hendrix. Same style as Star Spangeled Banner.

Looks like a nice pet there Kathy! I saw a few when I was travelling through bayou country, but never saw any that big in Florida. Course, I didn't spend much time in the Everglades though. The party's in Daytona were more fun. :)

Rick

I just stopped by cause I heard someone mention mind expanding substances. :)

That has to be Hendrix. Same style as Star Spangeled Banner.

Looks like a nice pet there Kathy! I saw a few when I was travelling through bayou country, but never saw any that big in Florida. Course, I didn't spend much time in the Everglades though. The party's in Daytona were more fun. :)

Rick

So like you're telling me that none of those mind altering substances at those Daytona parties caused you to see one that big right! :blink: :)

(just cause we have this :mooner: but not aimed at you :biglaugh: dude)

At least we don't enjoy freezing to death.

:P

But we have blankets to help that. :)

Edited by ChattyKathy

Mind Expanding Substances... AKA...MES .... cause you're usually a MESS by the time they're done with you! :evilshades: <------ this guy is tooo funnny!!!

Actually I stole the 'mind expanding substances' line from a Billy Connelly Comedy Video I watched... My all time favourite comedian! :drink:

OK.... i'm still waiting for my course on posting songs... hint hint, nudge, nudge!

Yeah guys..

It was Jimi Hendricks alright but I'm a bit concerned. Everyone seemed to know it but it takes an intimate knowledge of hallucinagenic drugs to recognize it!! :biglaugh:

<center>sudo</center>

Sudo, are you concerned because we do have an intimate knowledge or not enough knowledge? :who_me:

The party's in Daytona were more fun.

Rick

How often do you get to Daytona? I've got a daughter there (unless her and her husband move).

Edited by moony3424

Yeah guys..

It was Jimi Hendricks alright but I'm a bit concerned. Everyone seemed to know it but it takes an intimate knowledge of hallucinagenic drugs to recognize it!! :biglaugh:

I hear some of his stuff today and swear I never heard it before. I think perhaps it's related. :blink:

Sudo, are you concerned because we do have an intimate knowledge or not enough knowledge? :who_me:

Rick

I think Rick would win on intimate knowledge. :unsure:

OK.... i'm still waiting for my course on posting songs... hint hint, nudge, nudge![/font][/size][/color]

Check your email. :)

What to do.. what to do..

I'll tell you what we'll do by golly!!... another nostalgia tune!! How 'bout that, guys?? Oh, how long has it been? I'll tell you how long.. the last page of this thread that actually HAD an oldie to guess qualifies as nostalgia because it was so long ago!! <_>

So here's one you all watched at least ONE episode of because.. how could you all say how terrible this show was if you hadn't?? AND YOU'VE ALL SAID HOW TERRIBLE IT WAS!! You doubt me? Huh! I hear you all saying it, right after I put on those old Jimi Hendrix albums and burn a little incense. Yeah... it all becomes clearer then. I'm, like one with the universe. Seeing all... knowing all. Whoa.. gotta' come down here. Get me some coffee... OK.. I'm alright now.

Hey!, I'll even give you the year of the TV show.. 1982. And I'll give you something else (I'm just a very generous giving kind of guy) the theme song was sung by the two stars of the show. You might say that the guy didn't have much of a singing voice which would be ironic considering the premise of the show. Click HERE!! and let's hear how evasive you guys can be. And oh... we're dealing with some evasive guys here. And how do I know?? I'll just evade that question.

sudo

Well you guys, the holidays are OVER, it's time to get back to some serious business here !!! Can you name the show that this was the theme song for???

Click Here :unsure:

One of my favorites for the cheesecake (nobody I'm marrying is reading this right :who_me:) "Here Come the Brides song by Bobby Sherman.

I don't recognize yours Sudo.

Edited by moony3424

Mooney,

Naw naw naw... you're supposed to be evasive in your answers.. Not just give it away like that! Now everyone knows the tune Cowgirl was posting. For example.. you coulda' said something about the TV show "coming down the aisle" with new talent. Or... you coulda' mentioned that it had an old Blondie in it (since Joan Blondell starred in it) or something along those lines.

You've been playing with us so recently you didn't know how we did things. Now as far as mine goes... let's see.. got to give a hint... OK, I've got one. This was a spin off show from a spin off show. The original show was... Love American Style.

sudo

Very subtle clue ,Sudo-but true enough. "Love American Style" was the earliest incarnation of the show it was spun off from. That show also spun another show, that DIDN'T suck-at least in this greasespotter's opinion. Actually it spun another show also- and that one didn't suck either.

As far as 'Here Comes the Brides"-I remember liking that show for about 2 months when it first aired . It lost me when Bobby Sherman became a 'teen idol'. His character had a pronounced stutter when the show began, which became a problem when he was suddenly the idol of millions of teen age girls. They wrote an entire episode to cure him of that stutter, and lost me in the process. I understood why they did it, I just felt cheated as I stuttered some myself back then, and I was just irked by the whole thing.

There are 2 Star Trek connections from that show. What were they?

Cowgirl...I remember that! It was the Bobby Sherman show, right? Don't remember the name, but I'm prety sure it was a show that had him in it.

Rick

OK, this will probably be combined with my last post. But....

I reply'ed to Cowgirls post cause I KNEW it was the Bobby Sherman tv show...couldn't remember the name of it, but I see other's have guessed it already.

Sudo's however, that dude that really liked that girl a lot, yeah, I remember it. They started out back in the day, kind of not-too-shabby days. You might even say they were kind of happy. :)

Rick

Sudo,

Hey I'm not the dreamer! I'm the dreamee! Was a quote of one of the characters cousins.

So here's one you all watched at least ONE episode of because.. how could you all say how terrible this show was if you hadn't?? AND YOU'VE ALL SAID HOW TERRIBLE IT WAS!! You doubt me? Huh! I hear you all saying it, right after I put on those old Jimi Hendrix albums and burn a little incense. Yeah... it all becomes clearer then. I'm, like one with the universe. Seeing all... knowing all. Whoa.. gotta' come down here. Get me some coffee... OK.. I'm alright now.

This part makes me wonder how intimately have you known illegal substances because it sounds more like a tequila reaction to me. :wink2:

Hey!, I'll even give you the year of the TV show.. 1982. And I'll give you something else (I'm just a very generous giving kind of guy) the theme song was sung by the two stars of the show. You might say that the guy didn't have much of a singing voice which would be ironic considering the premise of the show. Click (removed link) and let's hear how evasive you guys can be. And oh... we're dealing with some evasive guys here. And how do I know?? I'll just evade that question.[/b]

This part makes me wonder if perhaps you have entertained mary jane. :biglaugh:

As far as 'Here Comes the Brides"-I remember liking that show for about 2 months when it first aired . It lost me when Bobby Sherman became a 'teen idol'. His character had a pronounced stutter when the show began, which became a problem when he was suddenly the idol of millions of teen age girls. They wrote an entire episode to cure him of that stutter, and lost me in the process. I understood why they did it, I just felt cheated as I stuttered some myself back then, and I was just irked by the whole thing.

There are 2 Star Trek connections from that show. What were they?

I don't have any idea myself. Sorry hiwayman.

Sudo,

That is the cheesiest song I have ever heard... can barely listen to it :wacko: No wonder no one watched it after a few episodes.

OK... I'm clueless here... 1982 I was completely WAYBRAINED and didn't watch TV. Was too busy reading my bible, running classes and trying to figure out when my next reproof session was about to happen from the my fearless leaders. :unsure:

But, I'm getting from Rick's hint that this was a spin-off from the show Happy Days. Right?

Edited by A la prochaine