Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys..

I'm having a very merry Christmas contrary to what it would appear. Yeah yeah.. it looks bad, I know. Here it is Christmas Eve and I'm posting on the Greasespot instead of spending time with my family. But what's happened is that we all went to my parents' house today and had a great time together. And now my eldest daughter (who is home from Ole Miss for the holidays and made a 4.0 GPA in the Honors College no less) is out on a date, Carol is downstairs cooking for everyone coming over tomorrow and the other two kids and I are upstairs fooling around on the computers and the Nintendo. And I don't go back to the office until 01/02/06. Is life great or what?

But these Christmas songs have been throwing you guys for a loop! :( . What ya'll thought was Andy Williams (Click HERE!) was really Johnny Mathis. Here's Andy Williams in one of his best known Christmas songs.. HERE!

I've included the ID tags for the following so there's no guessing. Just good quality MP3's if you'd like to save them. Click HERE! and HERE! and more Ella HERE!

I smell hot chocolate downstairs. I'm going to have to go check it out because I can't have any junk food served in *MY* house!! But I really REALLY hope everyone is having a great evening. Later gator!

sudo

Sudo,

Gosh after listening to Andy Williams then going back and listening to Johnny Mathis after knowing who it was geez. It's so obvious. :redface:

And I swear I thought it was Peggy Lee. Okay that's all the redfaces I can handle.

What about Ella's voice?! My goodness.

I like marshmallows in my hot chocolate, does your family?

It sounds like a hard time to me, I don't think I could get thru having off till the 2nd. ;) Good for you! Enjoy every second.

Our son comes in tomorrow. I can't wait! :wub:

:wave: Later....

Sudo,

I was stewing myself in a pot of self-pity, but Lordamightyno, who gives me a call but the Memphis Deacon hisself.

While I don't begin to pretend thinking that my holiday phobia is going to subside anytime, I sure appreciate the call the and the sentiments.

So may I say (in my highest and sqeakiest voice) "God bless us, everyone!", or something like that.

My extended family will be over shortly but I wanted to get this up and posted first...

Most of you have seen this already but for those with a broadband connection, I think it's worth the time to watch.. The background music is the Trans-Siberian orchestra. Click HERE! And I hope all of you are having a great day!!!!!!!

sudo

This is moony. I'm up in Ohio spending Christmas with Ted. Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all my friends here. By the way, before I came up here I prayed for a heat wave so that I wouldn't freeze to death. I hope that all you that are up here will forgive me for the melting snow. :huh: I'll be going back south tomorrow, so y'all can have all the cold weather you want then. :P

Moon Girl,

It's okay but I hope you have a big ole snow blizzard when you get home. :P :) Nah, really I had the thought you probably didn't mind this heat wave at all. I had to pull my light jacket back out, but I did it with a smile. Right now its 40 and that may seem cooler to you but that's nearly a heat wave. :D

Rick,

I love both of those and as soon as the first note rang out I knew both. Good selections! Although in both of those cases I grew to appreciate them later in life. Oh my gawd, I don't even like how that sounded. And you don't say a word! :)

Right now its 40 and that may seem cooler to you but that's nearly a heat wave.

Kathy

That's not colder, but COLD!!! I've been freezing my butt off, especially since it was 70 back home today. By the way, Ted gave me "permission" to tell you that he's been making me sleep on the porch to toughen me up. :o IS HE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT!! :evildenk: I might make HIM sleep on the porch in Florida during the summer (without the air), afterall turnaround's fair play. :biglaugh:

moony

But what a view from that back porch (I guess it has to be called that but you could about live there when warmer). Have you seen any deer yet? Or as his mom likes to call them any ground squirrels?

He did give you a blanket I hope. :D I bet you don't even go out there come night fall. :) And a word of warning if you hear the back door lock go click you're in deep doodoo....(Ted will now have to tell you that story). :biglaugh:

Kathy

That's not colder, but COLD!!! I've been freezing my butt off, especially since it was 70 back home today. By the way, Ted gave me "permission" to tell you that he's been making me sleep on the porch to toughen me up. :o IS HE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT!! :evildenk: I might make HIM sleep on the porch in Florida during the summer (without the air), afterall turnaround's fair play. :biglaugh:

moony

Hmmm...

Ya'll are getting married. You live a thousand or so miles from him. You are there to visit for a few day's for Christmas. HE is making you sleep on the porch. Hmmmm....ok, sure I believe that. Sure. Uh-Huh! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

(Just being funny! Merry Christmas Moony and Ted!)

Hey Nostalgiacs!!!

I've gots the whole week off and I'm playing around the house. I can't believe it! I've been up since 6 O'Clock (and felt lazy getting up THAT late) and the rest of my family are STILL asleep!! And it's almost noon here! Great time of year, don't ya'll think? I take time off every year at this time.

Rick.. I know the first singer because he's royalty (no... higher than a prince) and is associated with that song. But I don't know the lady singing. Is it Karen Carpenter? you know who sang that song originally don't you?? Click HERE!

KATHY!!!! That's such a BAD pic!!!! :unsure:

sudo (who sent that pic around LAST year in his e-mail rounds :biglaugh:)

Yep the first one is Nat King Cole. The second is Karen Carpenter. Two of the most beautiful voices ever!

I love Nat King Cole. What a smooth confidence.

Rick.. I know the first singer because he's royalty (no... higher than a prince) and is associated with that song. But I don't know the lady singing. Is it Karen Carpenter? you know who sang that song originally don't you?? Click (go back to it...hahaha)

KATHY!!!! That's such a BAD pic!!!! :unsure:

sudo (who sent that pic around LAST year in his e-mail rounds :biglaugh:)

The singer loved rainbows.

You sent that comic in your email. :D

mislPS_prod.gif Here's what one leftover turkey was thinking this Christmas.

Kathy,

Yeah! You're right! Where IS Cowgirl anyways?? We need her around for input here 'fer cryin' out loud! (whatever that phrase ever meant :blink:) Because just lookie here.. I've gots another VERY old goodie. I remember when I first saw the movie that contained this sound clip (Click HERE!) and marvelled at the mastery of the instrument. I was a musician after all and had heard this difficult instrument played many times but *NEVER* had I heard it played with this artistry. And I'm sorry that all I've got is the audio because in the movie it looks so EASY!!!

So what made me post this just now? I'll tell yous guys.. my sister brought over a DVD at Christmas that featured the artist only it was another movie. So I searched high and low for THIS particular clip that I remembered. Obviously, I found a clip though it's not that good a quality. But even so... this artist was self taught but admitted that he learned the "wrong" way. However, he was inundated by artists who had learned the "right" way wanting to know how *HE* did it. To my ears.. this piece is truely remarkable.

sudo