GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

I began a subscription to Rhapsody with the intention of legally obtaining good copies of songs to post here and burn to cd's for my personal enjoyment. I have a large collection of music and most of what I wanted rhapsody for was to conveniently make copies of what I've already bought.

My point is that the first link I posted is to a song I bought off rhapsody and they have some license requirement that they expect every single listener to that song to pay for it.

So, I'm forced to search through my collection to find the cd to copy it from...

I apologize. I learn something new every day!

I'll cancel my subscription before they charge me (in two weeks).

Moony - The other one is called How Much Tequila Did I Drink Last Night by Steve Goodman.

Edited by bowtwi

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bowtwi,

I don't know how Rhapsody works so I'm assuming you can't get real MP3's to do with what you want. But I have a nifty little program called Total Recorder that I can e-mail you. What you do is set it up and press the 'record' button. Then, whatever is being played through your speakers is getting recorded by Total Recorder. After the tune stops playing, you hit the 'stop' button. Then you save that file in Total recorder to your hard drive. Voliá!! You now have the tune. You can set it up to record in MP3, WAV or other format and you determine the quality, too. High quality files take up more space than low quality files, of course. I also have music editing software that does stuff like cut out sections of a tune (like empty space at the beginning or ending of songs) and can convert from MP3 to WAV, RealAudio formats etc. Just let me know if you want any of the stuff :spy: .

New Year's eve is going by quickly so rather than throw up my Auld Lang Syne tunes one at a time (the one I did post got no takers) I'll just throw 'em all up here on this post, OK? These are all very famous people, I might add. Names anyone would recognize. So let's start out with the one I thought Rick would know... HERE! I recognized the style right off and I'm pretty pathetic when it comes to recognizing blues stuff :P. This next one is a flashback to the early 70's. The guy is still around but gets MY award for most changed appearance.. Click HERE! Continuing on.. this group is most famous for its Christmas CD's I think.. Click HERE! The next artist makes me think of his wife.. or did I hear its his ex-wife now?? Anyways.. Click HERE!

Now one of these last two is the one you all know.. question is... which big band is the correct one?? Click HERE! and HERE! and name the famous version and then if you're REALLY good (I couldn't do it) name who the other big band is! I'll say THIS for myself.. I at least knew the famous one from the imposter!

Have fun guys!

sudo

Could ya hear it verb? Could ya really hear it?

Now to get how to put that spiffy HERE! stuff there instead of the pesky details of the URL. I crack myself up sometimes.

We're off to the Mexican restaurant for the last time this year!

Life is good!

Ala,

Did you get your computer thingee fixed? And I've never had quite a morning :blink: like your song. I can imagine when you get this posting down you'll have fun since you have quite a library to pull from.

Cowgirl,

What a lovely song you posted for Ala. :)

Morgan,

I see Paw provided your request and I like that song, thank you for requesting it.

Paw,

Thank you for posting that song for Morgan.

Bowtwi,

Who was that? I'd be scared :unsure: if I heard that in a dark room. I'm listening now to Bill Cosby. I simply love him.

Sudo,

Tequila makes her cloths fall off. :D

The first I don't know I'm sure.

The second likes to sing on the roof top. And bowtwi knew that too.

The third I don't know but I think it is lovely.

The fourth I recognize but don't know it either.

I agree with Moon Girl on who I think the last one is and that would be the real (not imposter) one as well.

Bill Cosby....they always keep the stethoscope in the freezer...you can cut off my whole neck for some chocolate icecream... :biglaugh:

graphic1.gif

23 members are celebrating their birthday today:

OCD #2(27), THEWAYWEWERE(60), QamiQazi(56), MiniCorpsConscript(27), troubledwine(32), Bogey76(106), jke(55), Tree Man(57), INDEBTSAYSWHO(106), socks(100), Margie(56), smalltowncutie(39), satori001(5), gladtobeout(3), satori(5), Seth(106), nandon(36), Bee(95), dabobbada's wench(107), WOW92(105), Naucelle girl(46), Donna Jo(46), bullfrog(105)

Check out the ages of some of the birthday folks. Methinks the ages are some wacky cause I know socks ain't 100 nor is satori 5. :biglaugh:

FINALLY, here's that song I wanted to post earlier.

New Years Day Song

This artist has an interesting name so I looked him up. Here's a blurb about him. Bogdan Raczynski is a UK-based braindance artist that was born in Poland raised in the USA and attended art school in Japan and played in Japanese jazz clubs.

You all did OK!

Yes, it was James Taylor who I STILL wouldn't have recognized today. The other is Billy Joel on vocals as everyone knew. And Mooney knew the last posted was Guy Lombardo. No one took a guess on the OTHER big band but it was Glenn Miller. He's good :blink: but he doesn't have the crooning saxaphones that made Guy Lombardo's version so popular. And the blues version no one took a guess at? It was B.B. King. I knew him from his Memphis connection. Did I cover them all? NO!! You guys didn't know Manheim Steamroller's version!! Click HERE! but they DO sound different here, don't they.

And finally.. I do have *ONE* more that I was a little reluctant to post yesterday. It's really quite irritating but if anyone's into 60's psychedelic music they can Click HERE! and name the Woodstock artist who did this combined Christmas and New Year's medley. Man... grates on my nerves!!

sudo (never a very hip 60's dude)

Sudo,

wowza....you weren't kidding... grating...but i suppose if we had many mind expanding substances in our brains at the time, we might have enjoyed those tunes... hee hee

Cowgirl...nice tune...the artist came up .. UHF....which i checked out but couldn't find any other songs that were similar???

Do i have the wrong group?

Thanks for thinking of me.

Chatty,

yes... i'm next on the 'how to post a tune 101' class.

I tried to post from my files via an 'attachment' thingy...but didn't work.

so...I know it has something to do with URL's and such...but no one here at my house seems to know.

ala needs help.

:(