The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys are all absolutely correct !!! "Here Come the Brides" Sorry George you didn't get to hear that awesome song, heehee !!

Sudo, I haven't been able to figure yours out.

This next one, I'm almost embarrassed to post, I used to have their album and would listen to it day in and day out !! :redface: I'm sure you'll get this one within seconds!!!

Click here

ChattyKathy, I haven't forgotten about you and the tune you guessed awhile back, I'll get it up and running today just for you :)

Edited by Cowgirl

Cowgirl, I'm embarressed to say I got that in one note. I liked the comic books better.

Speaking of 'manufactured' groups, I'm reading a very interesting book about 'the Monkees'-sort of a day by day history of them , focusing on their studio sessions, if you can believe it. They were certainly a product of a television attempt to cash in on the Beatle's success, but to their credit, they group never claimed to be anything else. And with that, they still made some music that made alot of people, including myself, happy, and they did have some genuine talent that eventually went beyond the studio manufactured stuff.

Cowgirl,

Don't be embarrassed!!! That song/album was the first album I ever owned.

I was 9 ... ran out and bought it the moment I heard it. Great song I think...even today.

I too was embarrassed. A few years ago here on GS our Wonderful Chatty started a thread on MUSIC and I was hooked... it went for pages and pages and pages.

Well at one point, people were sharing the first albums they purchased in their lives. Well, I sheepishly came out of my musical closet and confessed my 'sugar, sugar' purchase.

I'll always remember our lovely Kathy posting a picture of the album on the thread. Set my little musical heart at rest. Finally it was out and it was received positively.

Thanks for posting the song...brought back some wonderful memories recent as well past.

Nice to see you all.

OH, I forgot to mention I soon will too be posting tunes here... so I'm just warning you all.

I'm in the process of working out the details with the Bluzeguy.

Thanks again Rick.

: )

Cowgirl, I'm embarressed to say I got that in one note. I liked the comic books better.

Again, not having access to the song, but seeing the responses, I can only assume that this was Josie and the Pussycats.

NOT! I do assume it's the song with the redundant, sweet title.

Speaking of 'manufactured' groups, I'm reading a very interesting book about 'the Monkees'-sort of a day by day history of them , focusing on their studio sessions, if you can believe it. They were certainly a product of a television attempt to cash in on the Beatle's success, but to their credit, they group never claimed to be anything else. And with that, they still made some music that made alot of people, including myself, happy, and they did have some genuine talent that eventually went beyond the studio manufactured stuff.

There was a really well-done made-for-TV movie about the Monkees called "Daydream Believers." It showed them to be talented actors who strove to be talented musicians. It was a hoot to see the actors doing all the big scenes from the Monkees' TV show. I believe it's available on DVD now.

Daydream Believers

George

daydreambelieversmovie_dvdcover.jpg

Ok...

This is a my first attempt at posting a song. Drum roll pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase!!!

I have a feeling this is gonna blow up in my face....

This song is called... Sunday Morning After... it's the Amanda Marshall song that I posted the lyrics to a few days past.

Enjoy. It's a bit raunchy, but it's cute.

Click

HERE

Edited by A la prochaine

Ok... oh my god.. it worked ... it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok... now i've got the bug....

You guys will regret this I'm sure!!!

OK.. just thought I'd post one more Amanda Marshall song... this one was a pretty big hit for her.

Amanda was singing downtown Toronto in these open mic nights. She was discovered by Jeff Healy. She Never looked back.

Sudo,

I realize I'm not playing the usually Nostalgia 'Guess Than Tune' format here... I apologize... I'm just so excited to play something... bare with me... : )

OH my it didn't work.. and bluzeguy is gone for the moment.. you'll just have wait til he gets back i guess.

sorry : (HERE

Edited by A la prochaine

OK...I'm not giving up yet...

I'm gonna try to post another singer here.

Some had been telling me I should check this individual out for some time now.

Someone gave me a CD this christmas...

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Didn't work.. poop.

:(

Trying again...

here

OK... now it opened the file ... but it didn't play it...

??? :realmad:

Edited by A la prochaine

Cause I wrote Kathy her tune No May Be A Slow Yes I decided I'd better take care of my moony :dance:

Bring Me The Coffee

Verse One

Now I'm a pretty nice lady most of the time

Long as I get my starbucks I'll be doing fine

If for some reason I don't get my fix of caffieine

You may be facing a monster that's scary mean

Chorus

Bring me the coffee and nobody gets hurt

I won't attack you knock you down in the dirt

Keep my mug full and I wont scream or curse

Bring me the coffee and nobody gets hurt

Verse Two

Some folks smoke while others love their beer

Only the strong black keeps me full of good cheer

Without java heaven turns into that other place

Give me a big refill you'll stay in my good grace

Repeat Chorus

Bridge

Ok already so you may say that I am hooked

Folgers and Maxwell are in my get some book

Repeat Chorus

ala you are next "till nect time" :nono5:

Edited by TED Ferrell

My sweet moony you have to wait untill you are on medicare and on plan d it's free

What does that have to do with taxes? Besides, I don't remember reading anywhere that MC covers coffee. Remember, it's not an addiction, it's a tax plan. See, I am concerned (and doing something) about our future. You do believe me, don't you?

:yawn1::sleep1: <--- Me without coffee

Medical expenses are deductible after some large percentage of your income (I think it's 7%). So if you spend more than 7% of your (gross) income on coffee, maybe you should give it a try. Of course, you'd probably need Valium after all that coffee! :dance:

George

That can be arranged.

Edited by moony3424