The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To start with SaintGeorge I admit it again. It's a lot when you miss even one day of links and activities around here. :blink:

ChattyKathy, I haven't forgotten about you and the tune you guessed awhile back, I'll get it up and running today just for you :)

Thank you. :)

This song is called... Sunday Morning After... it's the Amanda Marshall song that I posted the lyrics to a few days past.

Enjoy. It's a bit raunchy, but it's cute.

HERE

I've never had a morning like that. Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact I graduated high school and got married all within a month of each other. I didn't have too many opportunities to get in that kind of mess. Although I bet she had fun! :wink2:

And it's so fun to see you posting!

OK.. just thought I'd post one more Amanda Marshall song... this one was a pretty big hit for her.

HERE

I always thought that was Amy Grant singing that song. :unsure:

OK, HERE is one for A La Prochaine. I know you'll recognize it once you hear it! It was done by some of your "Home Boys" up there in Canada. :)

Well I know they had an album with a naked butt on it. Hmmm speaking of naked butts wasn't Ala trying to get something started earlier regarding that. :wink2:

Welcome all. Haven't been able to log on hardly at all, but want to say hey.

Even though I'm not here all the time I miss you Moon Girl. And that coffee exchange and song was fun you two. But I think Ted's next song needs to be a private one. He sorta needs to make up for it IMHO. :)

Not only was that the theme music for that cow licked little brat, it was also used extensively in the stop motion animation adventures of a green stretchable character, made infamous by Eddie Murphy on SNL.

I wonder if that music wasn't in the 'public domain'. I also wonder about the incidental music from the old Hanna Barbera cartoons (Yogi bear etc) turning up on 'My three Sons" and 'Ozzie and Harriet'.

But as usual, I digress.

ala just for you my dear friend

Til The Next Time

Verse One

I sure do enjoy coming here now and than

Getting to tell you about my favorite band

Playing musical chairs hearing an old song

Sometimes if I know the melody I sing along

Chorus

Til the next time you all will be on my mind

I'll be back to write you a few more lines

Keep those tunes rolling in or out of rhyme

Players we are together til the next time

Repeat Chorus

Miles do separate us from south to far north

Still we find a way to jam one more chorus

Should you ever come see me in my town

We'll take it from the top have another round

Repeat Chorus

Dear Ted,

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

You are a sweetie to think of me!

I love the part about having everyone up to my place and take it from the top and have another round!!!

A Jammin' fest!!

What a thrill that would be ! A dream come true!

I'd have Chatty come and sing with her sultry voice, you on the piano doing some wonderful old jazz standards, Socks playing and smiling, the bluzeguy windin' out on his guitar, Sudo doing his 'dance thing' he's so famous for, George ST. George is a happenin' music guy I think...can't remember what it is exactly tho' (sorry : ( ) Cowgirl would bring her mandolin, I'd strum a few chords and sing a long, and hubby would improvise...guitar, bass, piano, trombone, fiddle, and ... and ... and .... I could go on for hours!

hugs hugs and more hugs to you Ted.

Merci.

I couldn't stand the Dennis the Menace show , either.

I did however, love the original Dennis comic strip-or panel, by Hank Ketcham, one of the great American cartoonists. For anyone interested, Fantagraphics books has begun to print the entire Dennis the Menace run, starting with the 1952 panels, in a gorgeous book format.

I'm also very fond of the Dennis the Menace 'travel' special comic books from the early 60's, where the Mitchell's travel to Hawaii, Washington DC, Mexico, Hollywood, and other places. Am I the only one here who remembers those?

The tv show was awful though. It was almost saved by Joseph Kearns as Mr Wilson, but, but almost doesn't count.

I had all the DM travel comics as well. I remember the Hawaiian trip the most. (Barking sands, etc.) I also had DM's Baby-Sitter's Guide. It was hysterical. There was a list of all the types of kids you might have to baby-sit. My favorite was the cry-baby. How to handle one: "Smack him. What have you got to lose? He's already crying!"

I think the major problem with the TV show was that Jay North was too old. On the other hand, it would be hard to find child actors precocious enough to play Dennis, Margaret, Joey, etc. at the appropriate comic-strip age. I think Dennis was suppposed to be about five. Also, in the comics, the dog was called Ruff. I forget what it was on TV, but it wasn't Ruff!

George

Jay North got a little wild in his teenage years I am told...

I had a friend back in junior high school who SWORE she met him at a party right here in Memphis. I couldn't believe it. Oh, surely it was someone who LOOKED like Jay North or something. I didn't think this girl would lie to me. But no, she said, it was Jay North and he was getting drunk and doing drugs. Well, lo and behold, if I didn't find out that he WAS in town that weekend for some promotional something or another. Made me go Hmmmmmm......

sudo