• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... Cocker!

<center>sudo (or is that terrier? :asdf: Oh I remember... Chow!)</center>

that's halarious Sudo.. hee hee.. sounds like me on a good day! :biglaugh:

OH and George...

that last pic of that actor you posted Armin Shimerman...well no offense...but he looks like an alien in that picture...those ears... they're Spock ears... or maybe it's the shape of his face and head??? :blink:

chatty... hello and welcome back...we missed you. :(

and thanks for the future help with that program! should be fun :dance: <----- sarcasm! :biglaugh:

Edited by A la prochaine

Just a beautiful waltze...

One of the most beautiful renditions of this song (in my very humble opinion of course :rolleyes: ) ... she is one the most gifted songstresses that I have ever had the privilege of listening to.

I'd almost forgotten this song. It was part of a dream that had one time. I like this version better than the one in my dream.

Ala,

I LOVE that version and no.. I don't know who it is. But as I was looking around, I found another great version I think everyone will like... Click HERE! Hard to say which one I like best.

Kathy.. you may well know who Ala's singer is but just in case... you're not confusing Ala's singer with Patsy Cline are you?? I can assure you it's not Patsy. When Carol and I got married, out first dance together at the reception (you know when everyone has to watch the bride and groom dance solo before the nad plays for everyone to dance) was to the Tennessee Waltz. A real tear jerker.

sudo

Dear Sudo,

It says... when I played your version of your song... "Sudo's Ole Lady" So I thought... OH MY... Sudo's wife sang and danced to her own wedding song... too cool.

I know I'm so gullable. :redface:

But I gotta tell you the first piano note I heard I KNEW it was HER.... she is incredible ... a gifted musician. I saw her last year here in Toronto. Like musical silk flowing all over my insides.

I don't think I have this.. .is it from her DVD? I have the DVD .... can't remember if that's where I heard it?

Patsy Cline did this song???

The first version I heard of this was by Patti Page. Is that who you danced at your wedding?

Edited by A la prochaine

Ala,

Yes, Patsy Cline did The Tennessee Waltz but we had a band at our wedding that played it. Oh, we had a great wedding reception with a big band orchestra, an open bar, hot food and lotsa' dancing. My parents' Baptist friends nearly fainted! :biglaugh:

Hey.. Eva somebody? Uh, Did she have a brother named David?? :rolleyes:

sudo

Sudo...that sounds like it was awesome! :love3::dance::love3:

My wedding the DJ was a square dance caller (unbeknownst to us) and he called a whole set ... my parents were thrilled!!!

Anyhow I'm posting this song HERE as a dedication to a very close friend GSer of mine Dougie.

Dougie 73 is responsible for introducing me to both this band and Eva. We have had hour upon hour of wonderful musical discussion. We've exchanged cds and talked about a day when we would all jam together.

This song is for you Dougie! :wave:

Enjoy. :wave:

Edited by A la prochaine

I'd almost forgotten this song. It was part of a dream that had one time. I like this version better than the one in my dream.

What a cool thing to say, or I was in one of those moods and your words provided something sweet. Thanks! :wub:

Kathy.. you may well know who Ala's singer is but just in case... you're not confusing Ala's singer with Patsy Cline are you?? I can assure you it's not Patsy. When Carol and I got married, out first dance together at the reception (you know when everyone has to watch the bride and groom dance solo before the nad plays for everyone to dance) was to the Tennessee Waltz. A real tear jerker.

Oh my Patsy Cline. I could go on and on about my love for her. She dared to sing songs written for men to sing and even surprised the writer once. You may know him. His name is Willie. :P

I knew it to be Eva due to it telling me so as it played. ;)

I looked for Tennessee Waltz in my collection of Cline's but didn't have it to bring here. :(

Moony...please forgive me... :who_me:

I forgot to comment on your beautiful post. Thank you! :)

Chatty,

You got me thinking when you said you couldn't find any Patsy ... so I dug these up...

I have 3 for you...

The first one HERE is one of my all time favourites! :dance:

Then this one HERE is beautiful. The beginning is a bit dated...but nonetheless... it's rich and beautiful. You may recognize it from our WayDAZE ... but it wasn't sung much for some reason. (probably something :evildenk: about it no doubt!) Though, it was always one of my ALLTIME gospel songs.

And last and certainly NOT least this one HERE is just for YOU! :biglaugh:

You mentioned the Willie story. I was informed that he wrote that song at a very financially difficult time in his life therefore sold the song for $300. Ouch.... that's gotta hurt :realmad:

enjoy :love3:

I gotta get some sleep :yawn1: .. This posting thing is mighty addictive. :unsure:

Edited by A la prochaine

Then this one HERE is beautiful. The beginning is a bit dated...but nonetheless... it's rich and beautiful. You may recognize it from our WayDAZE ... but it wasn't sung much for some reason. (probably something about it no doubt!) Though, it was always one of my ALLTIME gospel songs

A La

My first husband used to sing this to the kids as a lullaby, accompanied by his guitar. :)

I said I was going to post a new TV theme yesterday but didn't...

When I logged on after getting home, Ala had the Tennesse Waltz up and I got distracted. There's nothing to guess now is there? OK.. here's one from the 60's we all watched so going back to how good some people are at this... consider yourself good if you get this one the 2nd note. I'm only posting a few seconds to begin with.

We've done this one before so if you were around then you might want to act real coy. I'm curious as to how our new players are going to react. It's not that I was partiularly crazy about the show but everyone watched it. I felt they really messed up with the marriage thing. Is that when it jumped the shark? Click HERE!

sudo

I was never that crazy about the show either, though I watched it most of the time, probably because the leading lady was hard to change the channel on, even with her covered belly button.

This is one show that I didn't feel was hurt by the leads getting married. ('Get Smart' is my standard for shows sinking after a marriage). It changed the dynamics, certainly, but I didn't think it was any great loss.

The theme song is actually the second theme. The first season had a very different theme, that in my opinion was more appealing. If you can pull that one up it would be cool.

Before we start the Jeannie-vs.-Samantha arguments :biglaugh: I'm cleaning up my Star Trek trivia. The actor's name is Jeffrey Combs. In Deep Space 9 he was the Vorta Weyoun 3fb93ce7433bf-1.jpg

and the Ferengi Brunt brunt.jpg

On Enterprise, he was the Andorian Shran 3fb93ce7433bf-2.jpg

George

(He's also the voice of The Question on Justice League Unlimited.)

Moony,

That must have been beautiful to hear him play that song on the guitar to the kids. Glad this has brought back fond memories.

Chatty,

Ya, Willie would have to say that about that song. There is just no comparison is there?

George,

Cute... Jeannie vs Samantha arguments...

And, wow... that martian man of yours was a busy guy...but, no wonder we never recognized his face...no one ever saw it! But, I must say... he has the most amazing eyes! (in real life face pictures that is!)

Sudo,

Sorry for distracting you... I guess for me growing up I was more into music than TV...so I get to thinking 'what music was playing' in those years rather than 'what show was on'? But I love this place any which way I can get it!

The first milli-second of that tune I knew what it was. I remember the second leading man on that show being the funny guy. I found he was more entertaining that the two leading characters.

He later went on to be a very funny neighbour on the Bob Newhart Show (the one where he was the psychologist with his wife Suzanne Plechette).

Edited by A la prochaine

Got a theme here that isn't nostalgic, but it was a very special kind of tv show. It only lasted one season, which usually means that the show wasn't very good. Not so with this one though. :) Click HERE and name the show and it's creator.

I am just in between jobs now and have to be at another one that starts at 5:00 (I HATE working in the evening but have to do this one after hours since they can't have the network down during work hours) so if anyone has any guesses, I probably wont' see them till real late or maybe even in the morning.

Rick,

Wow...what a great tune! Who is that??? Was it specifically written for the show or was/is it a known song/group?

That wispy voice reminds me of something...just can't put my finger on it. The Corrs come to mind.. but I know it's not them.

And... I have NO clue what the show was?? But...just hearing the opening song would have been worth watching the show!

Nice choice.

Got a theme here that isn't nostalgic, but it was a very special kind of tv show. It only lasted one season, which usually means that the show wasn't very good. Not so with this one though. Click HERE and name the show and it's creator.

Rick, it's a good show and you missed the 2nd season??? It got picked up for a 3rd so you get to play catch up. You should see what the baby can do! All I can say is don't cross her.

Sudo

That's a FL show that wasn't filmed in FL.

Edited by moony3424