The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, well hmmm, My 3 Sons? No, well, uh, er, she DID say "Hurry up" so hmmm, what the hell is that second clue? Looks like mermaid feet or whatever they call it - oh darn, I'm no good at all under pressure, makes me feel sorta Winnie-the-Pooh-ish. Oh bother. I dunno. Really I don't. But I feel this pressure to try so I'll guess The Little Mermaid?

Like Moon Girl I don't listen to links here in the office so missed on that one but looks like bowtwi nailed it. :)

I trust all are having a good day. :wave:

Hubby and neighbor are headed to look at the hurricane damage while down in Mississippi. They're having themselves some adventures it sounds like.

ChattyKathy wrote to Cowgirl:

Did they have porridge to eat?

Oh btw Cowgirl what I was going for was a wild guess that your three feet were representative of the three bears and instead of paws you clued us with feet. Now ain't ya glad you know my thought processes. :unsure:

Oh now, this is funny! That song "Under the Sea" kept running through my head and I'm thinking that's from The Little Mermaid, but I'm not really sure and I thought it might be a lame guess, but it was the only one I had, but the three feet had me confused. So, I wasn't really sure.

So let's hear or see your next one? I'm not ready to post anything and am overwhelmed with stuff to do that requires my brain this week, so I'll probably just guess for awhile and then work on posting them when I have some free brain power...

Well here goes............................it's a Christmas song, country of course, probably one of my most favorites, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it is not a traditional one, it was written by the artist himself, alsooooooooooooo I've been learning it on my mandolin!!

Here are 2 clues- they both appear in the song!!

winters_welcome.jpg

Kansas-City-Christmas.jpg

Edited by Cowgirl

So this morning I come in to find mice droppings on my desk (ugh) and promptly threw away my reserve for the hungries (microwave popcorn) thinking perhaps the smell got it's attention.

Then on with the race of my day.

When just now one of my coworkers came into my office carrying a pole of some sort (I :blink: know) and asked had I seen a mouse lately. First I laughed then told her of my found droppings. To which she replied well it just came into our office and scared us to death and I'm going find it. And off she went with that dadgum pole in her hand.

I love life, it rarely is boring. B)

I don't think I'll have the opportunity because the big bosses secretary just came in my office and said you seen a mouse around here and then off she went looking around every corner. And she's not the big guys secretary for no reason. If there is a mouse in this building she will find it and promptly fix it's attitude. :D

Wow, glad to see all the activity here!

Sorry...I have been busy and don't have anything new to post right now, but I have something really really nice for tommorrow! :)

Anyway...I'm sitting here working and just had this neat thought....I'm working BUT...

I've had my first drink and ready for the second one....this is kinda nice :)

I have The Guess Who CRANKED just short of the point of distortion (which is damn loud on my surround sound system r :) ) playing the live version of American Woman...way cool! :)

...and they call this WORK? :biglaugh:

Rick (enjoying work...what a concept!)

Rick

HEY HEY HEY !!! What is going on???? Nobody's guessing??? I tell ya this one is really worth it, I have a real cool treat to go with it, IF you can guess it !

I'll even help you out again, here are two clues.....................

beach.jpg

snowyroad2_000.jpg

:P

Edited by Cowgirl

"I'll Be Home for Christmas"?

Welcome! We love having new folks around so thank you for posting with us. Hang around awhile and if you wouldn't mind I'd love to know something about your screen name. :wave:

At least this is better than talking about mouse droppings!

Well you could talk about my last links instead. And that ain't just you. But since you said something about my workmate well.... :P

When I was leaving last night one of my coworkers said he saw it go into the warehouse (distribution center) to which we asked will it return and he said it could. So somewhere that critter is seeking refuge from our bounty hunters and hopefully won't show it's little droppings anymore. :blink:

It was funny though because it had been seen under the desk of one of the girls and she told me she was on the phone when someone saw it and pointed it out to which her reply was fu$*@!. And we laughed to think of the reaction of the person she was talking to at that point. :D

Have a good day and I'll be praying for you come morning. I'm glad your honey will be at your side during it. :)

(and Cowgirl I just saw your thread in Open and my heart goes out to you)

Hiya' Bagpipes!! :wave:

I see you've started posting so good for you! Since you were in TWI for 28 years, you would have to be about my age... 53. You don't have to give out your age, of course, but most of us are the same, uh, vintage though I'm probably the oldest. I think Bluzeman (Rick) is the baby 'round here.

Do you like the old TV and movie themes? That's mostly what we do but have gotten off on a Christmas tangent and whatnot lately. I'm guessing you're female, too. Then again.. you don't have to say if you don't want to but DO join in and let's have some fun! It's good to have you here!

sudo