The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The movie of which Bowtwi guessed the singer and Rick confirmed as well as then named the song is not a light movie either. So Morgan I don't know if you would watch that or not but the subject matter is dark yet the characters were rich in performance and it was a drama of real life where things are not peaches and cream. I loved the movie.

And I have two more links which tie to one movie but I'll wait to see if anyone wants to name the movie this song came from first.

Moon Girl.....listening now.

How about I read it :redface: and what a song and what a voice she has. I can see why the two songs would come together for you. Yup.

Cowgirl,

I'm here to tell you all about server space but first... I have another Christmas treat for everybody. The songs this time of year can be so sweet and touching. This one is one of my favorites and can bring a tear to the eye of even an old Scrooge!! Just click HERE!

Now "server space" that Rick mentioned. That's space on an internet computer where you can upload your songs (or anything else) that you would like to be able to link to on a post so everyone can hear your song or see your picture. And what I mean "link to" is... that's how everyone can hear the songs we post here on the Nostalgia thread. We get the songs we want everyone to hear (through hook or crook) and then we take them from our computer and send them to an internet computer. There are a few ways of doing that. I use an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client which is a program someone sent me. But you can do it using Internet Explorer (which you are probably using right now to view this post) as well. You just have to know what to type in the Address bar and passwords and whatnot. But after we have sent (uploaded) our music files onto an internet server. Then, when we post, we include "links" to that song on that server Like I was telling Bowtwi a couple of days ago... you might want to look at that post.

This is a big business. Selling internet server space. Individuals usually are given a VERY small amount of space by their ISP's (internet service provider) for home web page use. Up there in Canada, I think your ISP gives you 5 meg. That's good for one or at most two good MP3 songs :(. Companies and corporations pay big bucks to have server space. I'm telling you this so you will appreciate what Rick (Bluzeman) makes available for FREE here for us. I have been given space on his bluzecentral. net server and it's where I upload and link to most of the songs I post here. Kathy has been given space, too, as well as Wasway (he'll be back when his job slows down he told me) and Sushi.

Now he's gone and offered YOU free space as well. That's very generous of him, Cowgirl, and I just wanted you to know what it was worth. But there's a learning curve in doing all of this stuff. Kathy got it down, pat, though and Bowtwi is learning. Heck, I didn't have anyone around to help me and I learned to do it just fine, too :P. You can PM me or Rick and we can talk you through this thing. It's a LOT of fun and I hope you take Rick up on his offer. You are a real asset here!

sudo

Sudo, I'll listen to it in just a minute.

I'd recognize that voice anywhere!!! :) But alas, I have no idea what movie it was used in. :( I'm looking forward to finding out though, as I may rent it just based on the soundtrack. :)Oh and good morning to you too CK. Would you check your PM?
I owe you an apology as you voiced you knew the voice just didn't give the name. We all came in at different times. Of the ones that post regularly I believe the originals would be Sudo and Bluzeman. A few just joined so are learning the mechanics so feel at home learning. How you could have answered that you knew the group would have been to say something like chicks for free which is a dead giveaway (for the point). And that way you're letting the readers know you know the answer without giving it away. Then you could have one like Sudo posted recently...
and let me know if my suspicions are correct. Of course, ANYONE who thinks they know who is singing that song may answer. That's just how we do things here.
sudo (thinking its beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!)
...where he is letting us know to go for it so the game has some versatility to it. For me part of the fun is watching how folks come up with ways to let the provider of link/clue know they know. Anyway I'd missed reply to part of your post and wanted to come back. :unsure:

Kathy, don't blame Sudo! I'm sure he was just doing it for me:

Now that it's "the season," I get a kick out of the various parodies of Christmas tunes on the radio. Of course "Walkin' in Women's Underwear" ("Walking in a Winter Wonderland") has been around for a few years.

And Rick's videos were nice, too.

George

Karen Carpenter one of the all time great female pop singers .It is just a matter of time until her songs and music will be brought to the forefront again. Much like what happened with Patsy Cline that has sold many more recordings (millions)over 40 years later than when she was alive.

If any of you do songs for weddings one that is still at the top of the list for the young and old alike is We've Only Just Begun.

I have told a few female singers that they should listen and learn from the smooth way and style that Karen had of delivering a song. She understood the lyric 's and convinced you she did.

I recently coached a young lady that sings very well but she thought her voice was not that good

so I played for her

Sing a song make it simple to last the whole day long

Don't worry that is not good enough for anyone else to hear

Just sing sing a song

Good sound advice for all including me

God Bless

Ted F.

Edited by TED Ferrell

If any of you do songs for weddings one that is still at the top of the list for the young and old alike is We've Only Just Begun.

Actually, I was thinking of another one of their songs that could be used for weddings. Bless the Beasts and the Children. Whacha think?

Sing a song make it simple to last the whole day long

Don't worry that is not good enough for anyone else to hear

Just sing sing a song

Thank you. Some day (maybe).

Re:

"If any of you do songs for weddings one that is still at the top of the list for the young and old alike is We've Only Just Begun.

Actually, I was thinking of another one of their songs that could be used for weddings. Bless the Beasts and the Children. Whacha think?"

Well, lately I think I'd lean more towards "I'll Be Glad When You're Dead, You Devil, You", but then I have an attitude problem in that regard...

Actually, I was thinking of another one of their songs that could be used for weddings. Bless the Beasts and the Children. Whacha think?

I asked Ted about this and he nixed the idea that this should be played at our wedding. (And here I thought that it would be a nice alternative to "Here Comes the Bride") Oh well. :mellow:

I have a few suggestions, Moony. One would be, "I Thought I was a Child", by Jackson Browne. If you can't find a copy, I'll post it here. It's one of those rare songs where the lyrics and music can stand alone.

Another would be, "Now and Forever" by Richard Marx. Sorry, I don't have a copy of it, but I wanted to play it at my wedding (but was overruled :biglaugh: ).

The last would be, "Now and Forever", by Randy Travis (do you see a theme here?). Country is an acquired taste for me, so for me to recommend it, it HAS to be good. :biglaugh:

That's it for now, if I think of any others, I'll let you know.

Edited by Sushi

Okay, well even though no one tried to name my movie I'll give another clue to guess but it's not a season one okeedokee.

These are from a movie around 20 years old. The movie itself was interesting in light of the basic purpose of this thread.

See if you can name:

The artist(s)

The song name(s)

The name of the movie they came from

HERE

HERE