Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok,

Talking about holidays...I must boast...

Me and hubby will be going to Vancouver BC for 3.... yes... 3 nights... flying out November 6th.

And, $700.00 spending money. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

It pays to be a music junkie!!!

They're getting back to me about transportation to and from the airport as well as to the concert.

I'm half stupid confused.gifwave.gif:wave:--> confused.gifwave.gif:wave:-->

Rick, what an appropriate choice, some good ole Texas blues! After all what did blues come from but life itself. Thanks.

Sudo, what a treat seeing your font. I do believe ya love us dude. wink2.gif;)-->

Ala you're fun to watch prepare for things. Do continue to tell okeedokee.

I must retire I worked too many hours today and must be in early again in the morning. I'm fried. confused.gif

Be well all!

Sudo,

It took you 5 minutes to type that??? icon_eek.gif

Also, I know a great website for those who need help like you!

It's a 12-step GSC Junkie program and it's anonymous. I'll never tell! wink2.gif;)-->

The 12 Steps are:

1. Stop posting

2. Unplug your computer

3. Lock the door of the room where your computer sits

4. Give key to someone who really thinks you have a problem

5. Put fat sponges on your fingertips so you won't be able to use a keyboard.

6. Get to know your children's ages and names now that you have all this time on your hands.

7. When walking by a cyber-café, make sure you have a buddy with you who will be able to talk you down

8. Pretend that the people here at GS only care about you 'cause you're awesome at dancing around poles.

9. Pretend that all the people here at GS have really really bad teeth and we like it that way.

10. Find a hobby you could start with those drills of yours.

11. Join a 'tabletop dancing 101' course.

12. Join a cult.

OK...I know this was a pathetic attempt at being funny. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

disclaimer: I in no way was ridiculing the true 12-step programs (well I was) icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> but, I believe they are wonderful and have helped save millions of people's lives.

Hi y'all!

Shell, it's Excel and I've been looking at it for too long but at last the project that was on by back is done. Just in time also because I'm needed on other things and my boss has just been waiting on me.

Okay back to work I guess, it was nice seeing y'all.

(PS...I owe emails to some of y'all and I promise to get them returned soon okay)

Hi Kathy,

Here's some super secret info from Iraq. Well, it's only super secret cuz CNN (et al) won't publish it.

Here in Iraq...

We're winning the hearts and minds of the local people.

We're rebuilding war-torn buildings and infrastructure, schools, hospitals, water purification plants, police stations, gov't buildings.

We're training Iraqis to be soldiers and policemen.

And on some of our convoys we hand out stuffed animals to the wee ones as well as crayons, pencils, paper and coloring books to the student types as part of operation crayon. Most if not all of the items are sent to us from generous people from the US. Many soldiers share from their own care packages.

Somebody should tell CNN, or other news media that the above things happen more frequently than soldiers getting hurt. Of course, CNN probably already knows that. They also know that good news doesn't sell.

You're right they are critical tools but the job I just completed was difficult because I didn't build the data bases I was taking from and visually no formula appears (as you know) unless you look at each cell and when you have thousands of figures and percentages to pull out you can't check for all those fancy pancy formulas that someone built into the data bases I was using. So I would alter things I could see that would screw up my formula once transferred. And you couldn't see it until it was transferred not the first but second time, now what's up with that! And as I looked back upon my labor I saw what once was a number was now a zero or what once was a set of numbers two cells down now were no longer the same numbers. GRRRR. Then with head bowed with embarrassment I asked the boss to please tell me why was that happening to me because indeed I would go mad if it continued. He didn't think he liked the mad option as he has too much work for me to do so he showed me I had to also click values. Such a simple little function made my whole world work right again. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Originally posted by Brother Speed:

Hi Kathy,

Here's some super secret info from Iraq. Well, it's only super secret cuz CNN (et al) won't publish it.

Here in Iraq...

We're winning the hearts and minds of the local people.

We're rebuilding war-torn buildings and infrastructure, schools, hospitals, water purification plants, police stations, gov't buildings.

We're training Iraqis to be soldiers and policemen.

And on some of our convoys we hand out stuffed animals to the wee ones as well as crayons, pencils, paper and coloring books to the student types as part of operation crayon. Most if not all of the items are sent to us from generous people from the US. Many soldiers share from their own care packages.

Somebody should tell CNN, or other news media that the above things happen more frequently than soldiers getting hurt. Of course, CNN probably already knows that. They also know that good news doesn't sell.

I have heard what you speak of at great length from several men who are or were there and knows the truth.

One thing and then I'll not turn this into 'tacks okay. But I've heard it said well we wouldn't need to help them build an infrastructure if we hadn't blown theirs up (well you know the concept I'm getting at I'm sure). And sure that's logically if always true but it's not. The work that I've been told was done by people that literally were out there doing it was these people never had this, it wasn't destroyed because it NEVER existed.

I shall be quiet now. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm leaving for the weekend. My daughter in Daytona invited me over to her house. So, in a bit I'll be leaving for a weekend of doing the "girl thing" which includes having our nails done, lunch, and of course the great female past time...SHOPPING

I'll be thinking of all of you. To those of you in TX and LA, know that my prayers are constantly with you.

Kathy, let me know if our friend reveals this mystery of his. I can't stand the suspence, you know. Patience is NOT one of my longsuits. :rolleyes: