Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, Boys and Girls, I'm BAAAACK! :wacko:

Any new quizzes, 'n stuff? (I only read back a page. Kathy's link to Sudo's story was helpful.)

This new site takes some getting used to, but it seems to have some more powerful features. Now if I can just find a "Green Lantern" avatar, or maybe the whole "Justice League."

George

Shell,

Your thingy is draggin' this morning! :mellow:

That sounds painful... :o

Whatever you do...don't trip on it...you might tear something you need later!

Love you. :wub:

OK...just wanted to mention to all those of you who are serious about this nostalgia stuff...as you can probably tell...I AM NOT. :unsure:

I'm sorry :( ...and I'm sure at times you feel like i'm this fly, flying around pestering everyone in your beautiful thread...but I do love the company I keep around here. Thanks for letting me hang. (of course... not like shell's 'hang' :P)

If the fly bothers you too much at times, my suggestion...

just get a big fly swatter and start swinging... you're bound to get me at some point. Of course you know...frogs eat flies... now that's weird :blink: )

Edited by A la prochaine

Hey, Boys and Girls, I'm BAAAACK! :wacko:

Any new quizzes, 'n stuff? (I only read back a page. Kathy's link to Sudo's story was helpful.)

This new site takes some getting used to, but it seems to have some more powerful features. Now if I can just find a "Green Lantern" avatar, or maybe the whole "Justice League."

George

Hey George. Click the following link and see if you can't find one.

http://images.google.com/images?q=green+lantern&hl=en

Rick

LOLOL Ala, well yeah, I read your instructions but for me I also have to SEE it, so when Paw and I were on the phone, he told me about it again, and then I got to actually DO it.

visual learner, me.

I'm still looking for a picture I really like, but til then..........

Rick,

I never thanked you for posting tunes while I was away so thanks dude! Howsome-ever, the only tune I recognized was The Monkey's theme. My 9th grade girlfriend loved them and especially little wimp Davey Jones <_< . The Cagney and Lacey theme sounded familiar but like Kathy.. I couldn't quite place it. That was as good as I could do.

I'm glad ya'll liked Get Smart. I was surprised Don Adams was that old. There he was marrying agent 99 and all back in the 60's. Didn't they even have a kid in the series?? Anywho.. When we got back to New York we flew home from La Guardia airport but I was thinking about JFK airport down the street and what it USED to be called. That made me think of a theme song where the name is mentioned. Anyone remember, "oh!!.. oh!!... oh!!!"?? Click HERE!

A Shot From One Of The Aft Decks

fundecka.jpg

sudo

Good Morning !

Coffee is ready, I've milked the cow so you have fresh cream and I beat the snot out of a sugar beet.

Homemade rolls in basket, still warm from oven and I stomped some grapes for your jam.

Have a great day, be careful out there, play well with others.

I was placed by a temp agency with a corporate office that owns several department store chains. I work in IT (information technologies) and I've loved it although challenging is not even a close description to what the experience has been.

In the process I've been offered permanent employment to begin at some point in the future dependent upon the what and when of how the job requires me and a staff. It's a new program being introduced in one of the chains. As well my boss has asked for some of my time for his work load and he heads (in part) one of the other chains. Well this alone has me looking at myself daily asking how I managed this puppy I'll never know! When yesterday I was on the phone preparing with the lawyer for a conference call with the Federal Trade Commissioner when she (who has worked with me limited to my boss being the middle) is now preparing with me personally. At the end of it all she asked my work history. I told her which included my lack of formal education. She then said she needed an assistant and would like me to forward my resume to her. I was quiet forever I suspect then said I'm sure I'm not qualified for that position. She said I'd like your resume please. And that was that.

Now y'all may have noticed I have a real problem with confidence in some places. In the work place is not one of them. But I go where I know I can. Even now I tell you this job has been challenging but I knew I could do it or I'd not accepted the task. This assistant position is a task I don't think I can do. But in all that I have to be honest and face the fact I lack confidence in this decision. Also my heart wants the other job. But this one would be of a substantial difference in wages. Yet I don't know if I want the stress and that is the biggest thing or maybe not. Maybe it's as simple as a friends words just now.

You need confidence in yourself. You know the Bible on that subject as well as I do, so I won't bore you with it. I can't force you into it. But you need your own heart on that subject. Its time to take that leap of faith.

Well, life would be kinda boring if it wasn't for stress now, wouldn't it? Although sometimes my business causes me so much stress that I would gladly take boredom for a time, I couldn't imagine life doing anything other than what I do, stress and all. But then, that's me, may not be for everyone. :)

OK, I recently bought a 3 dvd set called "Walter Cronkite..the Vietnam Years". Over 12 hours of footage. Some really good stuff, although I don't agree with the reporters slant to a lot of it, especially the story of Tet, which was reported by the news as being a "military disaster" for the US. But the point of telling you all that...they play some killer background music throughout the series. One song I heard last night, had me really scratching my head. See, I had heard the song many times back in the late 60's but couldn't put a name to it. And to make matters worse, it was an instrumental! So can't google the lyrics.

Well, I finally figured it out. Click HERE and name the artist and the song!

Rick

I HATE not being able to use html!

Edited by Bluzeman

Rick,

I'm like you.. I'd take a little more boredom and a lot less stress any 'ole day. But we often take postitions of stress for just what Kathy has mentioned... more filthy lucre :D . It's a balancing act each one of us has to work out.. how much stress for how much money. The older I get the less stress I'm willing to take. I Like your selection, Rick. You're giving us a taste of Herb Albert are you not?

sudo

P.S. I think the moderators are working on the HTML thingee right now. It's working for PM's.