Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ala,

I take it your musician husband is more of a jazz fan than you are?

Sudo,

Yes, jazz and classical music. But he enjoys all genres of music actually, as long as it's well done. I suppose the real difference between him and I ... he listens to a piece of music and says...Wow...did you hear that sus 4th chord resolve itself ... that was amazing! (:huh: <--- me) I say...hey... did you hear that song... it was cool!

(by the way... you musicians... I have NO idea if a sus 4th chord actually resolves itself or not... so BACK OFF!! ). :angry:

I think that is why he respects Wynton Marsalis as much as he does. Wynton is one of the few musicians who has sucessfully played both... Jazz and Classical. Hubby is a huge... Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, Diana Krall and of late... Mary Lou Williams fan.

Gotta run! See you all soon...

Chatty,

Sounds like you're having a wonderful pyjama party! Hugs to Acts 2 from me. :D

Edited by A la prochaine

Act2 said to say good morning to all. She's such a charming and gracious person. And their home is so comfortable and they make you feel like family so you don't care if your hair looks all ratty in the morning. :rolleyes:

The day is ugly though and doesn't sound like much in changing. But the sale is indoors so as long as it holds out and allows us to take our wares in without being rained on we'll be very pleased.

I must ask a few questions though:

1) why don't folks know their blinker is on?

2) why don't folks consider that big ole truck their approaching the butt end of ain't gonna move so they're going to have to get in the next lane? (cause they just pull in front of you when you're going 75 mph I noticed)

3) why don't folks use cruise control? (I was the pack leader most of the time and I swear it was because I was using cruise control.....you mean it takes SO little to control the roads)

I did see one of those old helicopters with the double propellers on the way, old miliatary one....gosh I love the look of those!

Ala, I love Dania Krall but I didn't think I liked jazz, but bluzeman kinda showed me differently.

Well I had to get my fix in ya know but I think she's nearly done with the newspaper and I'm ready for more coffee.

Have a wonderful day all!

Kathy,

How do you like the traffic there? Its one of the worst congested areas in the country! It'll come to a standstill on the interstates like there's been an accident but then... it'll pick back up and you wonder what THAT was all about.

I found out who the singer was on that song... Paper Moon. A Dottie Reid sometimes listed as Dottie Reed. She didn't do that many songs with Benny Goodman who hated having to perform with a vocalist. He was a perfectionist and not exactly the warm cuddly type.

sudo

I guess I'm spoiled to little in the way of traffic. My route to work is fairly straight forward. But I've seen that type traffic where it bottlenecks and then once you've passed the area and see no accident you wonder what that was all about.

So I'm not far from you I don't think. But then I'm not sure how I would know that, well unless I looked at a map to see where Memphis was from here. I mean being born there don't qualify me much in knowing where it's located. :rolleyes:

Act2 and I are all set up and the booth is so full I actually tossed my lessor hats/etc into a bin and stuck it under the tables. We are both wearing hats from the booth tonight for the gala. Ugh! I have to wear formal wear. Ugh!

I'd have never guessed that singer, I thought it was Martha Tilton because I'd heard her voice before and thought it was the same.

Well I best be going. See ya later. :)

Ala,

Mary Lou Williams? I'm not familiar with her but that's not unusual.. I'm not familiar with many present day music artists. Could you provide a link or something? I've got an open mind after all. I remember hearing about this Ricky Martin fellow several years back. I wasn't at all interested enough to listen to him but when I finally heard some of his tunes from one of my daughters... I really did like the guy!! Funny how Latin music comes and goes in popularity in this country. From Tito Puente and Carmen Miranda in the 40's to Desi Arnez and Xavier Cugat in the 50's. Don't guess it would be considered Latin music but what about Harry Bellafonte in the 50's and 60's?? Whatever.. it comes and goes in popularity.

But what about psychedelic hits from the 60's? Remember those? Here's one that's sure to have an effect... a tune that is undoubtedly, uh, "out there". I'm not sure how far it made it up the Hit Parade but click HERE! and let's hear YOUR comments!!

sudo (a really with-it, far-out kind of guy)

Do everybody a favor and PLEASE don't make us listen to that one! I'll do ANYTHING not to have to hear it! I'll even go back to TWI, if given the choice between that and Judy. :unsure:

I'm confused.

So is it "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"

Or is it "Judy in Disguise with Glasses"

Which song is freaking you out Moony?

Mr. Tambourine Man was about being high I think. But I loved the Byrds version. The words were "60's" for sure.

Now as to a song nearly sending me back to twi. Even that song Rick keeps singing to me The Byrd hasn't made me consider that Moon Girl. I feel for ya dear.

We had a wonderful time last night. At one point there were about half a dozen doctors and wives in our booth cutting up like children. They were trying on hats and fur collars and acting like dress up. It was fun to see these folks dressed to the nines playing like that with our merchandise. It was even nicer when they bought a couple hats from me. :)

Then Rick called me while we were there and meet act2 and they chatted for a bit and both seemed delighted with each other. :)

One thing though was our feet hurt. Both with these tall heals (but I LOVE my new black boots). Act2 came over towards the ending of the evening and lifted her fabulous tailored black formal dress to reveal a pair of casual slip ons she'd snuck into. It was cute. ;)

Well I best be on my way but wanted to say hi and I hope all have a wonderful day today.

Well Kathy, today I'll have some support to save me from Shatner. Ted is flying down this afternoon. I'm so happy!! With Wilma coming, all we'll need is for the power to go off... I've got plenty of candles (along with the rest of my hurricane kit) :wub:

Edited by moony3424

Moon Girl, I had a few minutes to peek in and wanted to say you tickled me with your post.

Hmmm, a man and woman with no electricity.....oh my what a shame! :D

You and that teddy bear have a ball! Are ya going house shopping while he's there?

As for Shatner, I'm not quite sure what his true talent is but I'm sure it isn't singing. I believe he would be best suited on Broadway. His drama was a tad over the top in Star Trek IMHO. :)

Now don't go getting in a hurricane even if you do have your bear to hug on okay!

Bye again.

Moon Girl, I had a few minutes to peek in and wanted to say you tickled me with your post.

Hmmm, a man and woman with no electricity.....oh my what a shame! :D

Do you think he'd ever notice if I turned the electric off at the breaker box?

You and that teddy bear have a ball! Are ya going house shopping while he's there?

Actually, that's why he's coming down is so we can go house hunting.

Now don't go getting in a hurricane even if you do have your bear to hug on okay!

Remember, I went through all those hurricanes here last year. This is his first. Who would be hugging who? Ok, I'll try to stay safe. I live in a "no evacuation" zone now. B)

Morning!

Moon Girl, he's pretty handy when it comes to electric things (especially if related to music) so he might notice the neighborhood has electricitiy but you. ;)

I hope y'all find the perfect house for your needs.

And I hope you like been soup! :D

Sorry 'bout that but you'll have to ask Ted about his mother and me in regards to that. :)

Talk to y'all in a bit, we don't have to go in till later today cause it's designed to wait for the church folks before we start back up. :o :)

Man...

Whoah!! It's been an exciting day on the Nostalgia thread hasn't it? Hold on because I've got yet a few more to post. The first one I'm posting just because. Just because I like the song, that's why. Not much to do with nostalgia but what the heck... like we don't go off on tangents here :P. Click HERE! and name the nationality of the song.

The next one DOES have some nostalgia value. When I hear this song, it ALWAYS takes me back to the Summer of 1959 when I was in a childrens' theatre production at the Shell (outdoor theatre) in Memphis. I had fallen in love with the lead actress but it wasn't to be between us. She was 16. I was 7. Soon to turn 8 but that didn't matter to her :) . Ah! I'd love to see her again but she'd be a 62 year old lady today and it would probably shatter my dreams since I remember her as she was at 16. Ya'll can click HERE! but it most likely won't make you think of hot Summer nights, the smell of greasepaint and the sounds of locusts. Ah! Summer of 1959. How fast things change in this day and age. If we all lived 500 years ago... things were pretty much the same as they were 600 years ago.... or 700 years ago.

sudo

I know the second song from the animated feature-the first Disney film I ever went to a theater to see.

It 's memorable to me because a few weeks later I was hit by a car and spent a week in the hospital. My parents brought me the comic book adaptation of the movie, and I poured over it panel by panel, comparing the comic to the movie, and evaluating what I thought worked and didn't . In retrospect, that may have launched me on my eventual career path as much as anything.

Evening y'all. I'm kinda beat and can't stay but wanted to say hi. And Sudo I listened to both and am just tired cause I didn't recognize either. I'll listen again tomorrow.

I had a wonderful time with act2. We went till we dropped come the end of the day, we had a wonderful time just being together and catching up face to face.

Night to ya.