Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick,

No, I'm not familiar with Norah Jones. Those tunes you posted of her music were nice but they're not my type. Now before you go getting all offended I have to let you know that it's probably just me. As the saying goes, we can't know our future until we understand our past. I know a LOT about our past and have a good feeling about where we are headed but... I admit not being that keen on our present. Not that I'm proud of that. Yes, I know a lot of what's going on in politics but I have made politics an off subject here because of the acrimony. This is a place of solitude for those wanting a respite. But when I glance at who won the Grammy's each year... I don't even recognize the names of the groups or artists. This is just way of explanation. Generally, I see little that is musically interesting in today's popular music culture. I say this realizing that those my age now (53) said the same thing about the Beatles when they hit the airwaves in America in 1964.

Rick, we all appreciate your input here but it's been getting sparse and I hope it wasn't anything I said that drove you and Wasway away. We've been doing this for years now and thought we were having a good 'ole time but then a few months ago.. you and Wasway just kinda' quit posting and I'm not sure why. Was it because I allowed all the ladies to do all the chit chatting? Or was it just getting stale? Personally, I get a kick out of hearing the girls chit chatting about their daily lives. I feel like they are real friends of mine though we have never met but I can see that maybe it's not everyone's cup of tea to see greetings first thing in the morning.

Also, Rick, I want to thank you again for how generous you have been with your bluzecentral.net server. But then, you are a very generous person and I want you to know I mean that. I guess... I just miss your posting here. That's all :(

sudo

Sudo,

Actually I appreciate she has a wonderful voice but I don't own anything of hers and probably won't as I too find she isn't my style or something.

As for us chit chatting, I've felt some responsible for that as I don't go many other places around here. Unless I notice a title or something that catches my attention I find I miss loads that go on around here. But this place I come to even if no time to post, just to see the smiles and hello's. I suspect many more read than post and I wish they'd join in.

And if I could master my stupid glitch I'd post links more and that would add to the thread also. Maybe soon I'll stop talking and do it.

I do know this I feel this is a home of a sorts and I know it's obvious I do I reckon. Thanks for welcoming our words Sudo, you are a dear you know.

Kathy

Now why the heck would I be offended? I mean, come on...I like George Jones. Now THAT to some people is REAL offensive. :)

I check in every day, but just haven't had much time to find and post songs. However, it's almost winter, and as you will recall, that is when I spend most of my time working at home. So in the comeing weeks, I'll be here more than I have been.

Man, how long have we been doing this now? 3 years? 4 years? I honestly can't remember. But I don't think it will die soon cause, ya know, the make new movies and tv shows all the time! And they all got theme songs. :)

By the way, I agree with you about the grammy's. I honestly don't see how rap can win grammy awards. They don't sing, they don't play instruments, yet they call it music...WHY???

Rick

Sudo,

Wow... what a post!

"This is a place of solitude for those wanting a respite."

Yes Sudo you have created such a place...never doubt that. I know for me... I was pretty much done with posting on GS 'til I found your little nitch here. It's such a solace for me to come and just put my feet up and read.

Myself... like you ... many names I see posted on the Grammies past me by... but when I hear something I like... I do everything to have it in my life. Music is like that for me.

I know this thread is supposed to be a 'MOVIES TRIVIA' type of thread..and yes you are tolerant of our (or should I say MY) music derailments. Perhaps I should start a MUSIC trivia thread.. but again.. I'm not THAT versed in the trivia aspects.

Now, I know I introduced Norah Jones to someone a few years back and he thought... WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? Then about 6 to 8 mths later he came back to me and said.. OH MY ... This Norah ... I can't get enough... she's unbelievable!

I think she's the type of musician that takes more than one or two or three listens before you start to see what she's trying to convey.

She's certainly not your POP artist... she's really not in any genre of music. She all over the map I like to say... ecclectic.

Sudo... Thanks for all you do... it is appreciated up here in the far North.

HUGS

I've never been into Norah Jones, either. Chac'un a son gout. Or, should I say, De gustibus non est disputandum.

As for Sudo's music clip, I was thinking to myself, "It's that weird Tim Burton movie." (Sorry, that's redundant.) My wife walked by and said, "Nightmare before Christmas." Not a favorite of hers, either.

George

Um excuse me Mr. Focused for just a moment please.

But Sushi and Ala,

I think my fever must be high, I could have sworn I read something from two of y'all but perhaps I was hallucinating. :D

Okay I'm back to say that you SaintGeorge and Rick's banter is quite fun.

Bye again anyone around, I think I need to be away again. :(

Chatty....

You made me chuckle....still chuckling....

Yes...it's the fever....I've not posted 'til now...

George,

If I post the title of the movie you're mentioning... I will have to once again use a word from another language and then Sushi will get all confused again!!!

:)

Edited by A la prochaine