Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chatty,

Loved your 'NOSTALGIA' pic... how serene. I think it should be our opening pic (if that could ever be done here.. which I doubt) for this thread!

And the 'paper moon'... how clever!! :lol:

Andy,

What great lyrics... I just googled them... so cool....

I never feel a thing is real

When I'm away from you

Out of your embrace

The world's a temporary parking place

Mmm, mm, mm, mm

A bubble for a minute

Mmm, mm, mm, mm

You smile, the bubble has a rainbow in it

Say, its only a paper moon

Sailing over a cardboard sea

But it wouldn't be make-believe

If you believed in me

Yes, it's only a canvas sky

Hanging over a muslin tree

If you believed in me

Without your love

It's a honky-tonk parade

Without your love

It's a melody played in a penny arcade

It's a Barnum and Bailey world

Just as phony as it can be

If you believed in me

SaintGeorge,

I thought it was fun, glad you and Ala enjoyed it!

Ala,

Yeah that was a nice picture wasn't it? And the water is such a peaceful place (well if it ain't a hurricane surge that is). :huh:

SaintGeorge,

Had to come back and mention I also got your "cracked" thingie..... :P

Edited by ChattyKathy

Yeah...

All you guys got it. Too easy, huh? 'Twas Paper Moon with Ryan and Tatum O'Neal and I haven't heard much out of either of them in a while. But wasn't that a great movie? I still like to catch it when I can but the main question I have when watching the movie is... did Moses Pray really think Addie might be his daughter?? And WAS she actually his daughter?? Good movie. Click HERE! for the entire unedited Benny Goodman band song. I'd like to know who the canary is... she's good!

sudo

Rick,

Naw... I don't think its Peggy lee for the following reasons. Firstly, lotsa' singers performed with Benny Goodman's orchestra... click HERE! for an album that shows many of them.

Nextly, it doesn't sound like Peggy lee to me. Here's a few KNOWN tunes she does with Benny Goodman... click HERE!, HERE!, HERE! and HERE! Great tunes all. Man.. if only I turned on the radio today and heard quality like that coming outa' the speakers.

sudo

Bon Voyage Kathy... love that "CHATTY-MOBILE" of yours!!! And your Good Morning Pot... I loved it!!! And it was a true Canadian 'good morning' to ya'! Tim Horton's Coffee!!! Hubby believe's it's lazed with drugs...it's so good!!!

Sudo,

I have no clue who that songstress is??? There were so many in those days... I did see that Ella had recorded Paper Moon.. but it's certainly not her.

I thought I'd let you know...that I too will be away this weekend.

I'm off to Montréal with the family to visit my daughter at University... but mainly, we have tickets to see Wynton Marsalis.

This is part of the Montréal Jazz Festival series performances...they, I guess go on all year round.

Anyhow... I saw the tickets advertised this summer for this concert. I checked into it at that time and found that the only tickets available were way way way back ... you know...in the nose-bleed section.

Well, about a month or so ago, I was goofing around and checked on the tickets again...and whammo... these amazing tickets amazingly appeared.... I found 2nd row center tickets... :o

I was so shocked I called up and asked... 'ARE THESE LIKE.... YOU'LL NEED NECK SURGERY AFTER THE CONCERT CAUSE THEY'RE TOO CLOSE TICKETS OR SOMETHING AND THAT'S WHY THEY HADN'T SOLD???'

She said... Oh no... these are the best tickets in the house. The producer just released them for sale this week. (where in the heck is that smiley doing the dance of joy when you need it!)

Yes... I couldn't believe it myself!~!!! I've never gotten tickets like this for any show I've attended.

Hubby being a trombone man was half stupid when he heard about it :wacko: ... He's been a Wynton admirer for years. Feels that Wynton is certainly ahead of his time. And he's such a brilliant and also very modest man (wynton, not Hubby). With 11 Grammies in your pocket and a Pulitzer Prize... it's enough to make your head spin, :blink: but he seems to keep it all in perspective. I think for him, it's all about the music.

Unfortunately, I've not had enough musical training to appreciate him at the level hubby does. Maybe some day??? :(

Just the same... MONTREAL...HERE WE COME!!!

Edited by A la prochaine

Rick,

Naw... I don't think its Peggy lee for the following reasons. Firstly, lotsa' singers performed with Benny Goodman's orchestra... click <a href=http://www.disc.am/bennygoodmanandhisgreatvocalists-p-8002.html><font color=red>HERE!</font></a> for an album that shows many of them.

Nextly, it doesn't <B><I>sound</I></B> like Peggy lee to me. Here's a few <B>KNOWN</B> tunes she does with Benny Goodman... click <a href=http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~sudo/abm.mp3><font color=red>HERE!</font></a>, <a href=http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~sudo/abn.mp3><font color=red>HERE!</font></a>, <a href=http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~sudo/abo.mp3><font color=red>HERE!</font></a> and <a href=http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~sudo/abp.mp3><font color=red>HERE!</font></a> Great tunes all. Man.. if only I turned on the radio today and heard quality like that coming outa' the speakers.

<center>sudo</center>

I can find recordings of Ella doing "Paper Moon"; but none of them seem to be with Benny.

George

Ala,

I know you will both enjoy yourselves in Montreal. We go down every home game Ole Miss plays in Oxford obstensibly to see the football game but in actuality, to spend time with our oldest daughter who is a freshman there. So I know your joy in going to see your daughter in college and at the same time going to a great concert. I take it your musician husband is more of a jazz fan than you are? Be vewy vewy careful, Ala... Canada's a foreign country, you know.

sudo (aware that Ala LIVES in Canada)