Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pirate,

Yeah, C'mon and hang out here. Hey, I like your new avatar. Here's a tune to go along with it. Click HERE!

sudo

P.S. Re:"Some of the people on the other forums are just CRAZY!!"

Why sure they are Pirate. Ssssshush.. listen cloesly..... they were ALL in a CULT!!!!!

Kathy,

Naw... not such a great movie in my book. I just liked the song. Congrats to Mooney and George who knew this one right off. Mention Maurice Chavalier to anyone under <B>40</B> and they have no idea who he is.

<center>sudo</center>

Not to mention Hermione Gingold!!

George

And, of course, Sudo's clip is from the "Pirates of the Carribean" sound track.

Today is the eighteenth annual "Thank God I'm not a Pig" pig roast down in the Freeport area. Our theme this year is "The Fantastic Boar." I have to thank Sudo for digging up some sound clips of Fantastic Four themes for me. I was able to arrange one of them for our "Porkestra" as the introduction music for my wife's coronation as "Pig Goddess." Last year, our theme was "Spider-Ham." Two years ago, it was "Piglets of the Carribean," of which I was reminded by this clip.

George

Moonie,

Thanks for the compliment on the description of Janice's singing.

Wayfer, it took me years to figure this out...believe you me....I used to walk away and shake my head and think "I don't get it?? They all must be nuts!!"

Sudo,

Your clip of Maurice Chevalier put a big smile on my face. :D

At first I thought, 'Oh cool, he's gonna play GiGi' and that's when I started to smile.

True story...

When I was about 5 yrs old... I was on television. Now everyone don't laugh. :rolleyes:

My sister was singing for a program called 'Campus '67' which I believe was a program produced I think by the local television network (could have been CBC), when we lived in Timmins, Ontario. (hometown of Shania incase anyone cares to know :P )

Well, for this one episode, this student was singing the song GiGi and they wanted a few little girls to sit on stools and look pretty while he sang to them.

The song was GiGi... which coincidentally, were my initials. GG... anyhow, I remember sitting there (I was 5 yrs. old at the time) in this studio, him singing, me sitting there with I think 2 other girls, when one of the little girls decided it was time to check out. She got up, started to cry and ran out of the studio...I really don't know what happened to the rest of the filming or the song????

Thanks Sudo for the memories.

Chatty,

Your stories from work remind me of me. I should tell you of some of my adventures in supply teaching and the things that have happened to me in the classroom...some could got down in educational history!

By the way...

Pirate,

Welcome to our beautiful little thread and I love your Johnny Depp avatar as well...

favourite Depp movie : Chocolat

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

gobble, gobble...

:lol:

Edited by A la prochaine

Ahhh Chatty... how sweet of you!!! :P

Thank You for your thoughtfulness. It's been an incredibly hectic weekend. I'm still in the throws of this switching and renovating bedrooms, daughter from university came home yesterday ... thank God!! :)

She's been helping with the painting, groceries and moving of furniture... I guess she's kinda motivated, since she's the one who doesn't have a bedroom right now! :(

But, we're almost there... and then, I'm having the family over for dinner on Monday... there will be about 12 or so coming... to say the least...PRAYERS ARE NEEDED! :blink:

Moony,

Chocolat was my favourite movie cause I loved the parallels to TWI and yes...the chocolat looked so decadent! And I loved Judy Densch...she's incredible!

How about an oldie quote??

Click HERE! and name the actor if you can't quite remember which movie. Yes, it was a classic but I had a hard time following the story line myself. Great ending, though... along the lines of the ending to Treasure Of The Sierra Madre, doncha' think??

sudo

P.S. I could get into decadent, Ala :P

The film is the origin of a famous line, often misquoted as "We don't need no stinking badges!" The correct dialog (see also Stinking badges) is:

Gold Hat (Alfonso Bedoya): We are Federales... you know, the mounted police.

Dobbs (Bogart): If you're the police, where are your badges?

Gold Hat (Alfonso Bedoya): [puzzled pause]"Badges!? [pause] We ain't got no badges. [pause] We don't need no badges! [angry] I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

Sudo,

I've actually never seen that movie :o so went to Wikipedia and found this and thought it may be of interest.

Wait a minute I screwed up. I brought you something from the movie you mentioned. :blink:

I'll be back when I figure out what I'm doing okay.

Okay here's the scoop. I think I must be not focused lately, holy moly. But anyway what I brought you was something about the movie you mentioned but obviously not about the link. Now why after listening to the link did I talk about something else. Um, like I said I think I'm distracted or something lately, I reckon I can't blame it on my glasses can I? :(

Edited by ChattyKathy

Sudo,

I'm gonna take a guess that this is from "The Harder They Fall"?

Dunno fer sure, just seems right, though it wasn't a hard movie to figure out, so maybe I'm wrong.

I'm so confused! (it must be the Chatty Kathy influence)

Wait a minute. Isn't that the closing line to "The Maltese Falcon"?

I'll have another guess ready in a bit...