GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Yup! Well I did for a tad. It's wonderful out there.

This new program that will be starting up this weekend has kept me busy but now I'm all ready for the prom and tapping my feet waiting for it to begin. Does that make sense?

So I heard from your honey pie that he made it home safely. Yet I got the sense his feet were still not touching down yet.

Okay I better see if someone needs me I reckon, if not I'll be back shortly.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what does this mean I

I had to come back and add an edit, no really I came back to say I thought that was an apple. So nevermind! Well so had it been an apple what would it have meant? My goodness I hate being bored!

I think it's a pomagranit (sp?) which could be interpreted the same as an apple, so you're still on the right track.

I got un-bored. They did a trial run and opened the program up at the registers this afternoon and within a couple hours we had 1,500 members. I don't think I'll be bored any longer especially since I also have another job there besides this one. That's good for me though, I'd rather be loaded with work than be bored any day.

Like y'all really need to hear this stuff. :(

Okay I will leave and hopefully when I return it will be related to this thread.

I had meant to post this yesterday and completely forgot.

35 years ago yesterday, Janis Joplin was found dead from a heroin overdose, 3 day's after Jimi Hendrix was buried. THIS is one of her best songs, and the recording is live from the Monterey Pop Festival.

Rick

That puppy wails in the start huh!

Oh my she just started!

I'm fixin' to dig on the next 8 minutes or so. :)

Moonie,

Thanks so much for the link...

It's wonderful.

by the way....

Congrats girl!!!

You and Ted will be very happy together...especially if you love this music! Such soul and passion...Ted is no doubt a very very happy man.:wub:

:D

Chatty,

Just thought I'd mention that the POMEGRANITE is mentioned in the bible...so maybe there is an EVE connection after all??? :unsure: :blink: :blink:

Edited by A la prochaine

I get to be the first to say Good Morning today. I beat you Kathy. :P

Chatty,

Just thought I'd mention that the POMEGRANITE is mentioned in the bible...so maybe there is an EVE connection after all???

It's mentioned in the Song of Solomon.

Rick

I DID listen to the full 8 min. Ok, after listening to it, I listened to it again for another 8 min.

Edited by moony3424

Welcome Wafer Not! So good to see your cute little doggie in these parts. Come back and try the next link which may be more to your liking. I understand about her voice but I have to join Moon Girl with agreeing on Ala's description. And she could be different with the next song. Her style wasn't one tied down and she altered and moved with great charisma.

But again I fully understand on the voice.

What was I saying about being bored the other day? Well yesterday I wasn't. I was at the inner wall of our building approaching the distribution center of which I was crossing the inside to get to the store on the other side and I have to badge myself everywhere so I was looking for the thingie you swipe your badge up to and I saw this blue fire pull thingie but it didn't say it was a fire pull thingie and in my haste I went to touch it for some reason. I tell ya what I was a tad under the gun at the moment. And just as I did I realized I shouldn't and then the other man under TWO and his assistant just happen to be walking up and he goes you don't want to be pulling that and I turned to him as I was realizing what it was at the same time and pleaded he not pass that around. And he said no promises on that one young lady and laughed and walked away. It just ain't fair. How do you recover from such dang things and act like someone's peer when your being a goof ball like I am around there. Geez!

Yesterday was a high because of the quick test results of the previous day and the worst stomach churning hours ever spent being paid for it. Under my supervision something occurred that was fairly serious and I basically owned it. It wasn't an error on our part as much as it was neglect on another to supply us with the information but it still originated with us. Someone took an action based on it that complicated an already complex situation. Ever have a day like that! They really suck don't they!

It's been a much better day. We had 8,000 members added just in test runs in a few of our stores and that was without advertising since the program doesn't go into effect until Sunday. Gosh, I'm thrilled!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Oh btw, I've already been asked it the fire pull was working out well for me for key pass access. :rolleyes:

I've been absent a lot haven't I??

It's turned into a real fun thread thanks to you chatters, though. Here's an oldie that's always cracked me up that I posted it not too terribly long ago. Now.. is this typical men and women?? And isn't the woman probably always right in these cases? Such sentimentalists men are :P .

Click HERE! and name artists, movie etc... And Kathy.. this one is from my Road Runner site so you should be able to hear it.

sudo