The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I haven't been saying morning lately, but I reckon ain't no one missed it anyway.

Oh you are mistaken my friend, I look for it every morning. Well, weekday mornings, cuz on sat and sun it's far past your kinda early when I'm moving about enough to mange to find the keyboard.

Oh you are mistaken my friend, I look for it every morning. Well, weekday mornings, cuz on sat and sun it's far past your kinda early when I'm moving about enough to mange to find the keyboard.

Thank you sweetie! And yup I reckon my hours can be a tad early can't they? I must fix that someday. :blink: :)

Well, in light of recent events, I may just give up on Greasespot

Rick

:(

Rick,

I'm not sure of what events you are speaking of, but I consider you a vital part of GSC. Please reconsider!! :o

Yup what she said! (well I know the events...but still what she said)

;)

OK first of all I posted that in a moment of anger and never meant it to sound like I would ever give up the Nostalgia thread. Even if I never posted anywhere else, I wouldn't leave this thread cause it's too much fun. And you all are wonderful! Thank you all so much for caring!

Sudo...I love ya to bro, but you AIN'T getting my Bud Light.! :biglaugh:

Hey Act2, glad to hear your ok!

For those who don't know, I had the pleasure of speaking to Act2 on the phone while Kathy was visiting. She is the most wonderful "proper" sounding Southern Lady I've ever had the pleasure of talking to! She even knows where the little river town that all my family came from is. (Yeah, I know that was a horribly formed sentence, but I'm in a hurry. :))

Rick

Even if I never posted anywhere else, I wouldn't leave this thread cause it's too much fun. And you all are wonderful! Thank you all so much for caring!

I am so glad. You know we do really love ya on this thread. Besides who else would I ever meet that appreciates "Earth Girls Are Easy." :biglaugh:

Moon Girl,

I'd like to say your threat of the handcuffs did it but I'm not sure he'd consider that a bad thing. :biglaugh:

I'm gonna get in trouble. :biglaugh:

You know Kathy, I coud say something in response to that ;) but since you know who comes in here, I better keep my mouth shut or I'll get in trouble! :D

Edited by moony3424

<marquee> :dance::dance::dance::dance:</marquee>

<center>RICK"S GONNA' STAY!!!!</CENTER>

And besides... who other than he would be able to answer questions like... who performed a blues song like <a href=http://mail.bluzecentral.net/~sudo/abx.wav><font color=red>THIS</font></a> song, anyways?? :P

<center>sudo</center>

Blind Melon Chitlin?

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Actually, it sounds like an ANCIENT recording of someone playing a guitar called Lucille.

George

'Ya see George??

You prove my point.. we NEED Rick around here! I'm sure he will tell us what that tune was because I researched it and.... it's considered on of the 5 best blues songs of all time!

Has everybody had a good day? I have.. going to pick up childfromhell at work in a few minutes then off to the Quicky Mart. Anyone gots a tune or two??

sudo

Wow Sudo! Can't believe you posted that song! It's great but I have to admit that I'm not sure who is doing the one you posted. It's one that MANY bluesmen have covered. But the original, by the one who wrote it is right HERE! I don't know that there was ever any other recording by this guy, but I may be wrong. His original recordings were all on 78 rpm records....REAL old school. :) I used to have the boxed set of everything he recorded but kinda lost in in my last move somehow. :(

So who (like, probably everyone) can name the original artist on this recording?

Rick

Edited by Bluzeman