The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Shell...yes... I received 6 pics in my PM this morning... 5 pictures of the same pic and one of the one you posted on your the post.

She is a adorable...yes yummy is a good word to describe her... I want to eat her all up!! :P

Chatty... you are right... SEA has something to do with it.

OH OH OH OH OH .... I saw picks of Mr. St. George in cartoon character costumes. :ph34r:

What a way to wake up this morning!!! :P

Another lyric

The Night Pat Murphy Died Lyrics

by Great Big Sea

Oh the night that Paddy Murphy died, is a night I'll never forget

Some of the boys got loaded drunk, and they ain't got sober yet;

As long as a bottle was passed around every man was feelin' gay

O'Leary came with the bagpipes, some music for to play

[Chorus:]

That's how they showed their respect for Paddy Murphy

That's how they showed their honour and their pride;

They said it was a sin and shame and they winked at one another

And every drink in the place was full the night Pat Murphy died

As Mrs. Murphy sat in the corner pouring out her grief

Kelly and his gang came tearing down the street

They went into an empty room and a bottle of whiskey stole

They put the bottle with the corpse to keep that whiskey cold

[Chorus]

About two o'clock in the morning after empty'ing the jug

Doyle rolls up the ice box lid to see poor Paddy's mug

We stopped the clock so Mrs. Murphy couldn't tell the time

And at a quarter after two we argued it was nine

[Chorus]

They stopped the hearse on George Street outside Sundance Saloon

They all went in at half past eight and staggered out at noon

They went up to the graveyard, so holy and sublime

Found out when they got there, they'd left the corpse behind!

[Chorus]

Oh the night that Paddy Murphy died, is a night I'll never forget

Some of the boys got loaded drunk and they ain't been sober yet;

As long as a bottle was passed around every man was feelin' gay

O'Leary came with the bagpipes, some music for to play

OK, since this IS still the nostalgia thread... :)

THIS was a tv show from the 1980's. Not a bad show. Not a GREAT show, but not a bad one.

The next one is one I posted a few months back that no one ever guessed and it kinda got lost in the shuffle. When it comes to nostalgia though, this is a totally cool show. Like, it's a real groove man. :) Click HERE!

Now, I'm off to set up a DNS server!

Rick

Rick,

I have not a clue for the first one... but the choppers at the beginning made me think maybe it was China Beach.

The second one... even worse........I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE :huh:

Now, you must remember tho' I was heavily involved in a cult in the '80's and was encouraged to not watch TV...sorta' the proverbial 'head in the sand' syndrome you could say. :wacko:

But I must say... with regards to the second link.... I've always wondered how anyone could sing like this without blowing out a few vocal chords after a few days.

:huh:

Ala,

I hear those choppers in the first one, too. Were there choppers in McHale's Navy? Somehow that's what's coming to mind. Hmmm.. Could it be??? That second one I wouldn't want to even venture a guess.. it was probably some 70's TV show that I never watched because I was in college and studying all the time :rolleyes:.

sudo

Sorry got distracted. In our circle we have a close knit group I've mentioned. One of the women on occasion will get a certain thing going and it's best not to be in her presence. Hubby was heading over that way when a friend was quickly getting in his car and leaving which was to his surprise. He Inquired if yada was in there (they call each other by last name on occasion). That's a male thing I suspect. Anyway so out comes the neighbor informing him of the bad timing and hubby asked had yada said anything (reason he would) to which he replied while making a gesture towards the house that it was her that was the reason. So I got distracted with my hubby's account. I'll be honest I've never had the luxury of being successful with that sort of thing. The man I'm married to you wouldn't just shoo his friends away. Interesting how we each live and react to things differently. I couldn't imagine having that type of control over my husband.

OMG! That was over the top serious! :angry:

Rick,

I don't recall either. The first has a closing that became a known closing though if I'm right on what I think I hear. But I've no idea. I asked hubby and he wasn't sure and when I mentioned Airwolf he quickly thought it could be that. As for the second I've no clue at all even with a line in the bridge (I believe) that should give it away. I can think of beer but is it that simple? I can't have guessed it I bet. :mellow:

Looks like a lot of you knew Airwolf. But only George seems to know the other one. Sudo left an excellant clue on the second one though, even though he googled it. :)See the second one is nostalgic for me because of the time it's set in. I was just that age at that time and well, hanging out and smoking pot was about all my friends ever did.. Not that I ever partook, of course. :biglaugh:

Rick

Edited by Bluzeman