GreaseSpot Cafe

Careers Poll

Cindy!

None of the above, sorry.

For many years I went to sea, submerged in my work for 15 weeks at a time, then I would spend the next 3 months in rotating shift-work; this cycle repeated basically twice every year. During that career I did spend a few years doing Law Enforcement, and I worked significantly less. I commonly had 2 or even 4 days off each month, to spend visiting my family. On the other hand, I retired and began receiving my pension at 42.

Now I am 'Mister Mom'.

Yea I Love what I do, I consider myself very lucky to be able to do something I genuinely love (most of the time), get paid pretty well for it, work for myself, make my own hours and choose the customers that I want.

I'd use the "B" (lessed) word if I wasn't predisposed against it and I wasnt amongst exwayfers.

Ive done more than I ever thought I would and have somehow been able to survive for 25 years without having to get a 'real job'

I'm at a catch-22 with my job - I'm very good at what I do and well appreciated by managment but I really don't enjoy it. I dread most of it, as a matter of fact, but I'm suited to it.

(It's not suited to me, in other words.)

I've started my own desktop publishing business on the side recently and things are looking up. The extra money is nice and I like the chance to be creative. So, that's my outlet.

My home life is my life - my work is just another job. Nothing beats going home to play with the rug rat and read a dozen story books before bed with some warm milk!

I like my job and the work is exciting and challenging, but I wish I had more "home" time to do things I would like to do. It has nothing to do with work, but rather living in a big city and having the commute time cutting into "my" time.

I hope to move someplace smaller so the commute doesn't take such a chunk out of my personal time....or talking my boss into letting me work from home.

from my "handle" I suppose mentioning how I voted would be quite redundant! I love my job, and my homelife now is more ups than any downs-of course, being real-everyone has their moments. I manage a high volume flower shop, get to see new people every day, and do a tv show about how to arrange flowers! (local cable-the wayne's world of interior decor & crafts)

Does the way world experience ever help anyone out? I had to explain Easter to 2 of my young sales staff...really they did not understand the connection to church! it was a trip-why do church's want to buy those leaves (palms-for palm sunday, natch) I had to try and give a 10 minute training on the topic, it was sad they knew nothing of any significance on the topic-but I digress...(i did tap dance to be politicaly correct and not express personal views etc..against the rules at any corp.) I flashed back to door to door at that point tho'...

None of the above, for me either. While I love my job, when I walk out the door of that group home at the end of the day, I leave the job behind.

Occasionally (on days off), I do wonder (at med times) if certain clients are getting them as needed, but that is about it. icon_smile.gif:)-->

i don't know...God told me to be a teacher.... and after 4 years..here i am...teaching 5th grade at the school for the homeless....i do love my job and the students... and my life in general is going very well... i.e. as far as being a single parent of three boys... that too, i love !