GreaseSpot Cafe

Oxygen saturated water- To your Health

David Anderson

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belle,

I'd prefer Knob Creek Bourbon on the rocks. But, the rocks just might have to be made of frozen oxygenated water. Maybe that stuff would make better ice cubes?

And as an aside, just for grins, I will let you in on a little local secret here in Juneau, Alaska. Because we have this huge glacier only about two miles from my house (the Mendenhall Glacier), one of the things we like to do if we can get away with it, is snatch up a big hunk of floating glacier ice from the lake at the foot of the glacier, and crack it into small pieces to serve up in cocktails when we have local get togethers. Glacier ice, because of it's eons of life under tremendous pressure, has a lower oxygen content, and takes a lot longer to melt.

Plus, there is just something really cool (pardon the pun) about sucking on ice chunks in ones cocktail and knowing that it is the remnant of the Ice Age that wiped out the Wooly Mammoths and Mastodons...

quote:
Originally posted by David Anderson:

Wow! Fourteen posts since my post of yesterday and not a shread of insight in any of them. Ain't nature wonderful!

To the contrary, mr. arrogant, I see tremendous insight in many of them.

Repeat to yourself, while looking in a mirror: "Nobody likes pompous windbags. Nobody likes pompous windbags. Nobody likes pompous windbags."

quote:
And as an aside, just for grins, I will let you in on a little local secret here in Juneau, Alaska. Because we have this huge glacier only about two miles from my house (the Mendenhall Glacier), one of the things we like to do if we can get away with it, is snatch up a big hunk of floating glacier ice from the lake at the foot of the glacier, and crack it into small pieces to serve up in cocktails when we have local get togethers. Glacier ice, because of it's eons of life under tremendous pressure, has a lower oxygen content, and takes a lot longer to melt.

Johnny, that's really neat! We could have used that for our post-hurricane parties down here!! Beer was pretty much out of the question due to the lack of power and refrigeration, but that's only a minor inconvenience since there's so much more to choose from. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I would figure you for a Jack Daniels Single Barrell kinda guy.....or Crown Royal.

quote:
Plus, there is just something really cool (pardon the pun) about sucking on ice chunks in ones cocktail and knowing that it is the remnant of the Ice Age that wiped out the Wooly Mammoths and Mastodons...

Also really cool (pun intended)!! That is, unless those mammoths and mastodons peed on the ice you're sucking on. wink2.gif;)-->

Probably the most insightful thing I've read on this thread. icon_razz.gif:P-->

quote:
Wow! Fourteen posts since my post of yesterday and not a shread of insight in any of them. Ain't nature wonderful!

But when we do post insight, you accuse us of being naysayers and jerks. I found that enlightening.

Well now Belle,

I really do not like any Canadian whiskies (Crown Royal being the best of it), and for some reason I just do not like Jack Daniels. It seems to have a "sweet" taste to it. I can't stand Scotch, and this fits very well with the old adage from John Wayne which my dear departed Pappy used to repeat; "Never trust a man who drinks Scotch". Ted Kennedy is a Scotch drinker by the way...

For an all around (not expensive but still very good) bourbon, I like Jim Beam. Old Gran Dad is good too. But for the expensive bourbons, I like Knob Creek and Wild Turkey 101 and a few others. I like to refer to Wild Turkey as "Wild Turkey Liquor". That just seems to give it a good old boy ring to it. These bourbons all seem to have that "hint of charcoal" in them, which I am partial to. I never mix any of them either. Either straight or on the rocks...

Now, Mr Anderson, thank you kindly for that e-mail back at the start of this thread. I just cannot sit and bear to read all of these pages in this thread. I just don't take the time I guess. But wow, really it certainly seems as if you have some serious dtractors here! For instance Steve! said;

quote:
To the contrary, mr. arrogant, I see tremendous insight in many of them.

Repeat to yourself, while looking in a mirror: "Nobody likes pompous windbags. Nobody likes pompous windbags. Nobody likes pompous windbags."

Wow Steve! Wazzup with that?

Anyhoo, I guess I'd better catch up with this thread. I have been out with a virus for a few weeks, but now have myself all squared away with some decent protection. Always remember to wear some protection fellas! icon_cool.gif

Belle, it would be nice to sit down there in Florida with you and sip some whatevers that we'd like. You seem to be cool girl... wink2.gif;)-->

quote:
When life first appeared on Earth there was no oxygen in the atmosphere, but when green plants arrived they started "polluting" the air with O2, and those organisms that are exposed to the air had to develop some rather elaborate defenses against it.

This is a nice fairy tale posted, along with a few out and out lies (like blood can only carry oxygen if it is attached to hemoglobin), by The Song Remains The Same. Judging from all his other posts on this thread one is led to conclude that his pen name should be The Noise Remains The Same. One can't even tell from his last post what words are his and what words are quoted from someone else. At one point I thought he might actually be a high school chemistry teacher, but his public profile says he's a Master Carpenter- looks like part of a demolition crew to me!

So here's a link in keeping with Proverbs 6:6, "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:"

quote:

The link is to an anatomy of the ant site. Ants, like other insects, have no lungs and no hemoglobin. They do have a heart and the heart pumps a clear liquid through their bodies (the fraction of the blood we call plasma). From all the nay-sayer posts on this thread one would think that ants could not live because they have no hemoglobin to carry oxygen. Oops, seems that presumption is wrong because I've personally seen ants and no double blind studies are needed to prove that they exist, or even that Proverbs gives good counsel in suggesting that the study of ants might make one a little less stupid.

For those who are research minded (not many have shown up on this thread so far it seems), open a warm bottle of Coke while holding an inverted glass over the top to catch the CO2 coming off. Then place the inverted glass over an ant and see how long he lives. You'll get more CO2 into the inverted glass if you shake up the warm Coke but you'll get liquid all over you and ruin the experiment if any of the liquid splatters over the glass (because you then won't know if it was the Coke that killed the ant or the lack of oxygen.)

Now if you cool the bottle of Coke to 32 F before opening it, you probably won't get any CO2 coming off at all since all gasses work the same as oxygen, ie. the solubility of gasses in water increases as the temperature decreases, reaching a maximum at 32F. I assume that Coke only puts enough CO2 in the bottle to saturate it at 32 F.

Why, even if you live in Nebraska, like Oakspur, and can't find any Penta Water, you surely can do this experiment (that assumes there is enough of a market in Nebraska for Coke to go after, if not Penta Water).

And if you're a journalist like RAF, why you could even bleed pure oxygen into the inverted glass and see what happens to the ant when you place the glass over him. Naw, he won't do that because it might take a little work. He'll just report that the ant burped!

Wow, look what I have been missing. I stopped in months ago to look at this and dismissed it and left, but now look, so much fun going on.

I noticed a few pages ago that David had the gal to insinuate that the number of posts a person has was somehow linked to what type of life one had. So I thought I'd throw some math in the mix seeing as DA is an engineer and smarter than MDs and probably archtects as well (they always think that), hell they are possibly the smartest people on the face of this earth.

So lets see I'll take Oak for a thousand, David. He has posted 4183 posts since June 14. I'll just call that 3 years. Keeping it to 365 days that is 1095 days. That puts him at about 3.8 posts a day. You have been here since Nov 14th and have posted 100 posts. That puts you at about .5 posts a day. Gee your life really is looking better. But lets take into account the fact that most of your posts, if not all, are about 5 to 10 times as long as anyone else's. Steve!'s posts are usually very small as are many of CM's and Raf's. At five times that puts you to 2.5 and at ten that puts you at 5 posts a day. This is the only thead you have posted on. I can only imagine what it would be like if you had other interests on this board. (please, no one start an equine related thread)

Consider the ant thou sluggard. Consideration does nothing if you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Ants do not have hemoglobin. true. They are arthropods. What arthropods and mulluscs have is a similar oxygen binding protien called hemocyanin. Hemocyanin is another metaloprotien that relies on copper prosthic group instead of iron heme group to carry oxygen. To carry oxygen. So I don't know wht your point was seeing that all animals and plants have some sort of oxygen binding protiens in their "blood" to, you guessed it, carry oxygen. But then, for some reason, I think you know this. So what was your point?

If the point of all this is that Oxygenated water is better than carbonated water, then great, it is, conratulations on the Nobel. Speaking of which, our good friend Otto Warburg didn't get the Nobel for discoving that lack of oxygen was the cause of cancer, he got it for his discovery of the nature and mode of action for the respiratory enzyme. Although, he did also discover that cancer can live and develope, even in the absence of oxygen. The key word there being EVEN.

Look I love learnig about new things and hearing of new ways to cure diseases and all that. It is a big interest of mine, but to be honest your posts are riddled with errors, of which I don't have the time to point out every single one. Many here have already done so to some degree. If you and others are feeling great about drinking water that has more oxygen in it, then fantastic, but until there are some statements that are backed up by some real science it is not credible scientifically speaking. Post some links, you've got that down now. Some links to real medical journals not to oxylife or hiOsilver or eternalife or the like. This is not a matter of oh "it's just water whats th big deal". This sort of thing becomes big for two reasons, 1) water is good for you (or some similar truth) and 2) it makes someone a ****e load of money. If that person is not you then you must be the scam artist's patron. This is about questioning products, and things in general, to the end that you get a credible answer. This is about exposing scams by that process. This is about misleading people and exposing those that mislead. That is what this website is all about (in threory anyway). So you came to the right place. Glad we could help.