GreaseSpot Cafe

Hi!

Frankee

quote:
Oh boy. It's rough in there huh? I sure don't want to argue with anybody. I just want to get along. There is enough misery in this old world already. But I guess we do have our different beliefs and people want to argue there beliefs I guess.

So, if it's not pizza if it has ham and pineapple on it, what do you call it Raf? Fauxpizza?

And. You all are really nice.

A damn travesty is what I call it.

Crime against the palate.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Frankee!

I just gotta weigh in on the pineapple thingy.

I like pizza with Canadian bacon and pineapple on it. Call it whatever you want Raf, it was a pizza dough when they put the toppings on it.

What I don't get is the inordinate praise lavished on "New York" pizza. I had pizza a several joints in Manhattan, feh, it was dough with glop on it. Maybe I'm not one to judge, I seldom eat the stuff anyhow. I got my fill years ago.

And bagels were another thing. I've heard for years about how wonderful they were in New York. Nowhere else even came close. We're talking about dough, people. It's boiled and then baked, but it's just a glob of dough. They don't taste any different in New York. Sorry...

Man! This place is fun! You all are funny people! I see that this Tom Strange has showed up too. Are you strange, Tom? And for the welcome I say: Thankee-

Frankee

And P.S.

We all ahd pizza tonight from Papa Murphy's, a pizza place that makes them, but then sells it you before they cook it. And then you take it home and cook it yourself. Papa Murphy's should thank the GSCafe for inspiring me to spend 32 bucks on pizza tonight! There were no pineapples on these two pizzas tonight, and, they were good! And even though it was a lot of pizza and it was good, it was a lot of DOUGH.

quote:
A damn travesty is what I call it.

LOL! Raf, I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with Pizza Hut.... I LOVE their BBQ pizza - must be the red neck in me. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Thin and crispy anything from Pizza Hut is better than Dominos or Papa Johns, IMO.

The best of the best, though, is Boboli with your own toppings made at home.

Frankee, we have something like that here and it IS good pizza. They even sell cookie dough at the one here. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oh boy. My first thread is three pages long! And you know, that place I mentioned Papa Murphy's, with the uncooked pizza? They sell cookie dough too. Now, why do you suppose they do that? Is the dough popular? Seems kinda strange to me. Maybe Tom likes it though. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Originally posted by George Aar:

Hey Frankee!

I just gotta weigh in on the pineapple thingy.

I _like_ pizza with Canadian bacon and pineapple on it. Call it whatever you want Raf, it was a pizza dough when they put the toppings on it.

What I don't get is the inordinate praise lavished on "New York" pizza. I had pizza a several joints in Manhattan, feh, it was dough with glop on it. Maybe I'm not one to judge, I seldom eat the stuff anyhow. I got my fill years ago.

And bagels were another thing. I've heard for years about how _wonderful_ they were in New York. Nowhere else even came close. We're talking about dough, people. It's boiled and then baked, but it's just a glob of dough. They don't taste any different in New York. Sorry...

Blasphemy! Idolatrous heretic!

Hi Frankee,

I am Radar. I don't often agree with Oldiesman about twi, or Raf about politics...but I am with them on this pizza thing! icon_eek.gif

Live in the Carolinas now but grew up in the SF bay area and WE DON'T DO PINEAPPLE on pizza there either. They do in Southern California....but that is a whole 'nuther universe than Northern California.

I love pineapple, alone, in salad, in ambrosia salad..etc....but it doesn't go on pizza icon_mad.gif!

Welcome to Greasespot....hope all your questions are answered, you reconnect with old friends as well as make new ones...we try hard, but if we are idiots....just ignore us and join in the fun! icon_smile.gif:)-->

ror

In fact, I think the term "Hawaiian Pizza" is an oxyidiot.

It's self contradictory. If it's Hawaiian, it's not a pizza, period. You could have all the right ingredients, leave off the ham and pineapple, have Original Ray make it in a brick oven, and if he serves it in Hawaii, it's not a pizza, just by virtue of location. The idea of exporting something that doesn't exist in the first place...

Only in America.

Thank you for the welcome Radar O'Reilly. And hey I just loved watching MASH back when it was on.

And Garth P:

Homer Simpson I know. And you guys I'm getting to know. But what or who in the world is Smikeol? Smikeol sounds like a laxative or some thing.