GreaseSpot Cafe

Craig's Loyalty Letter

insurgent

I wonder if this is why the fox has not sent out her own letter. Methinks she already knows what kind of response she would get.

Too many wc don't like, trust or respect her, but they need to stay latched on to that cash ti**y so they continue to sell themselves out.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

"I expect godly, loving, honest obedience and support according to God's Word and nothing beyond that."

If this was what they really thought and did, I probably would have stuck around and been in the corps right now. Too bad he left out so much of what else was required. Keep notes on naysayers, shun people who don't measure up, tolerate horrible, screaming tantrums (by wc teachers) in family settings and wild west justice. Another example of saying one thing while leaving out so many other unstated demands.

Looks good if you didn't know just how ungodly Martindale himself was. Looks real pious unless you knew how Martindale and his fellow top-dog leaders were more like the prophets of Baal than Elijah.

I think that this was a wakeup call to many that The Way wasn't "our" ministry. In the seventies there was an illusion that while Wierwille was "The Teacher", we were all equal partners in "moving the Word". That fantasy was squashed with these letters and the follow-up.

In the nineties, no matter how "sweet" a local fellowship may have been, there was no delusion that we had any rights; we were merely tolerated.

Good point Oakspear, veepee layed that "our ministry" crap on pretty thick. At one point I actually felt like I could show up there anytime and feel at home. I guess you could ask Doug M. how it feels showing up there these days.

Anybody notice how king craiggers spent the whole letter trying to convince his followers that he was being spiritual and not carnal? Then he ends it up by calling em all "employees". I spit my coffee all over the screen.

When you think about it, the whole shootin match was handed to martindale on a silver platter. All he had to do was keep the trains running on time and smile for everybody. Twi was a money maker when he took over the reins. What does he do? Kills the two biggest money making scemes that wierwille dreamed up...ROA & WOW program. Then he demands that people swear a loyalty oath to him. You gotta be kiddin' me! Does this guy get the moron of the decade award or what?

quote:
He left out that the carnality is also in the mindset and the heart of those making the request.

Raf, ha ha.. Actually, I thought at the point of his request his mind was decent and in order and the reasoning behind the decision was sound. I remember back then, he was coming out of the fog, and 3-4 years after that, the Word did move as best as they could (I say 'they' because I was basically gone in 1991); there was still PFAL around until 1994 or so and the other things like WOW.

The fact that you believe Craig at that point was a carnal thinker only goes to why he made the decision; to have folks think that way (and certainly express it verbally, continually) only makes it that much more difficult and tumultuous for everyone in the TWI family (household).

I learned of his extra-marital affair with an AOS cast member, years later. At this point in time (1989) I hadn't known about it at all. Don't know if everyone knew at that point as well. However, who's to really say at that point he wasn't making a fresh start and a new commitment? What he was asking for was the benefit of the doubt, and I didn't see where that would have been an ungodly (or carnal) choice.

Loy boy...sound mind rofl....every communication I EVER recieved from lcm demonstrated how truly cluless he was spiritually...repeatedly he would draw an erronious conclusion and go off on a tirade...rarely would he investigate to understand ....instead ... just like a child he`d throw a temper tantrum and try to hurt you if if you proved to be beyond his control

One time he visited Emporia at some odd ball time of day during the week when most of the believers were unable to get off work in our town....one pathetic loser from our town attended the meeting and filled ole loys ears full of how *he* was the only grad standing...*he* was the only one who supported lcm... just a-- kissing in general...so what does mister oh so spiritual do???

Does his in depth spiritual perception tell him that the snitch was really an abusive a hole held in contemp by all who knew him for being an abusive bully to his wife and her son???

Does he call the lc and ask the status of our fellowships or the reliability of his little stooge??/ does his manifestation of spirituality move him to call the tc`s and let them answere for themselves???

Oh heck no...he disbands all of the fellowships in this town of long standing believers...declares us all posssessed and unworthey... no longer to be associated with twi....great move idiot...

incident before that....at tc`s and bc`s recomendation and blessing....I accept a marriage proposal ...being app corpes...I write my obligitory letter to hq`s stating why I will not be entering the corpes that fall....I get back a scathing letter from lcm....never has met me before...knows nothing of the mountains moved by God during that wow year...has NO clue as to the recomendations of the leadership in my area....just flies off the handle...

He declared me a liar....a vow breaker to god..a real loser spiritually .... that my *heart* had never been corpes to begin with if I let something as rediculous as marriage interfere with my responsibility to God....

Though crushed by his evaluation of me and my motives......I KNEW what God had accomplished for me that year.....I KNEW what direction I had been led in by him....I knew right then that he really hadn`t a clue about my spirituality....or what God`s will or opinion was of me....or my spouse...he was just CLUELESS!

Well imagine how strange it was to get a letter from the same lcm 3 short months later...WELCOMING me into the corpes house hold ....stating how wonderfull and spiritual I was in general now that I a part of the spiritual elite... boy I was someone really special now a dear sister...yada yada.......gag....here is the same guy who visciously condemed me 3 months before for being such a dissapointment to God ....what changed??? ....was it my spiritual abilities heart and worthiness??? H-ll no....just the fact that the man I married had the right color name tag....THAT man had NO spiritual perception...zero...nada...as well as absolutely no regard for me...he never bothered to investigate ...to find out what was the true state of things before flying into a rage and attacking....

and we are are going to swear an oath of loyalty to this man????......One who so rarely knew the true state of affairs before condemning and attempting to destroy any who did not jump at the snap of his fingers ???/

Time has shown every one else what we learned the hard way back then....that lcm in NO way merrited or deserved our our respect...much less loyalty..

Whos to say oldies??? well umm lets seeee ...could it be that his hurtfull ACTIONS never changed???? that he still maintained SIN in his life??? That he was STILL (as is commonly reported)...forcing his sexual attentions on unwilling women in the corpes??????

That he was STILL throwing women out of the corpes and destroying their reputations for non compliance...as so many have related???

Ummm oh I know...it must have been the new revelations that he recieved... that proved so successfull for *God`s* ministry... ie full time corpes...ummm his wonderfull new classes....

Just look at the connection he was proven to have had with God in order to lead the *household* into the *promised land of the prevailing word*...to recieve direct revelation from God that the word was NOW over the world...

Man didn`t he just exude the in depth spiritual perception and awareness of a man who was operating all 9 manifestations in an attempt to *turn things around*???

What a pity more of us didn`t stick around and help him with the vision that God gave him....Ohhh THATS right...many believers DID...it didn`t HELP!......I suppose that I should just hang my head in shame...

They say that ignorance is bliss.

OMPhil must be one of the most blissful people anywhere.

It's one thing to not know something, but it's a different animal entirely to completely ignore first-hand testimony after first-hand testimony and completely disregard court depositions.

I'm happy for you, OM, I really am. It must be really nice to not be burdened with any semblance of reality.

quote:
Actually, I thought at the point of his request his mind was decent and in order and the reasoning behind the decision was sound.

I can see why you thought that, oldiesman. History proves you were wrong, but it's okay. There's no way you could have known that at the time.

Raf, you are correct.

Had I known at that point, or if someone would have taken some time to explain some specifics (i.e. VF), that Craig was having an (or more than one) extra-marital affair, or something else demonstrably carnal, I would have asked questions, directed at the Trustees. I had access, at that point.

VF didn't mention anything about sex. My TC's never mentioned anything about sex. All I heard from VF was that the Trustees were worshipping other gods, with no specifics. I personally had no complaints, other than the lack of communication by the Trustees; which was admitted to me directly by Don Wierwille.

Additionally, all the folks I spoke to who were leaving, were vague about why they were leaving, other than the fact that they thought Craig was a carnal thinker and the Trustees were screwed up. No real specifics, like adultery. And again, I had asked my TC's to make a list of all their complaints and address them directly with the Trustees....and they refused.

well, OM--you said it...you were unaware. The whole thing was so rotten, it was beyond repair. None of us perhaps knew just how beyond repair but many knew more than what you have said you knew.

THUS, the rejection of lcm's disingenuous call for "sell soap with me". He was on the road down and he NEVER got off, OM. Connect the dots, use your head, consider the place where things were at and where they ended up. You can't be that dense--use your head!!

So, Oldies,

here's my one question. Feel free to answer it just to you

but not me. (I ask you to at least answer it to you, please.)

If you knew then what you know now,

what decisions would you have made?

I mean, if you knew then EVERYTHING you know now,

like, God gave you revelation of all the things to come,

1989 to 2004 March, say, concerning twi, lcm, and all the

Christian-type people, splinters, moglets, Christians

who never heard of them, WayDale, GSC, and all the other

websites?

What decisions would you have made with full 20/20 hindsight?

"Forgive and forget", serve twi still, thru the '90s?

Or something else, ANY of hundreds of something-else's you

could have done?

If given a chance to do it all over again NOW, as if your

mind NOW went into your body THEN, what would you do?

(Just trying to make my question as clear as possible-

it's all meant to be the same question rephrased, thus,

only one answer to yourself would be warranted.

If it pleased you, one to me as well.)

By "then", do you mean 1989?

I would have written down all my complaints, and addressed them directly with Don Wierwille when I spoke with him in 1989 about continuing to stand with TWI. If I had been knowledgable of Craig's adultery in 1989, I would have made the attempt to contact him and ask him about it; find out his side and asked if his actions changed.

well, your problem was lack of info--if you can find someone who was a twig leader in SC at that time, they may have a copy of a tape that would have answered ALL your questions. There was NO run-around in the conversation between G Matsuk and lcm, that I will guarantee you....

A) Yes, I meant 1989, the loy-alty oath and the line in the

sand, all at lcm's behest. (He wrote the letters, he canned

the people who didn't kneel, etc.)

B) OM,

you STILL are unaware that many letters were sent to hq

and the responses were either

1) that's none of your business-we made the call, now you

must obey

2) you are "marked and avoided" for "causing divisions".

Same story in all 50 states, man.

Nevermind, I have my answer. Forget I asked.

quote:
B) OM,

you STILL are unaware that many letters were sent to hq

and the responses were either

1) that's none of your business-we made the call, now you

must obey

Wordwolf,

So then you're saying that some folks wrote something like this?: "Craig, we heard a rumor that you have been having an (more than one) extra-marital affair. Is this true? Could you please explain?" And you're saying Craig said "that's none of your business"??

If that's the case, they were right to leave. But, I certainly wish some of those folks were New Yorkers, cause that ain't the way it went down in the Empire state.

I am not trying to yank your chain, OM--if I had access to a copy, I would get one to you...but I don't. Maybe someone on here does...

The gist of it, at least concerning lcm and his buying into vpw's doctrine of "it's ok, if you can HANDLE it" was that he would not cop to it being wrong and, as the years would show, continued in this practice at that time and times forward, ie, 88/89 and onward. Excuse me if I did NOT want to "sell soap" or any other such hog slop with the "Mano Gawwddddd"....

OM,

Others may criticize you but I'd like to have more friends like you. Quick to communicate and slow to judge.

Proverbs 14:29 (Amplified)

He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is hasty of spirit exposes and exults his folly.

I remember those years all too well. There was a lot of hastiness and accusations on both sides. The end result was a lot of folly and very little time for ministering to those who needed God's love and deliverance.

JT

Gotta step in and tell you about this one.

My very first day in residence. Finally unpacked, and at the end of a long night, relaxing in the dorm room. My roommate comes in, who BTW had the same first name as me... just a different spelling... but anyway, she's more than a little upset.

It seemed she was taking a walk around the pond with R***** P*ny*rd, and he laid a big sloppy wet kiss on her and tried to get in her pants. Freaked her out pretty bad, because R*****, you see, was married at the time.

I was highly upset as well. You see, I knew R***** and his wife, having served under him in the same state in the past year. And it blew my mind on several levels.... first, that this would happen in The Way Corps, and secondly, that R***** would actually do something like that. Boy was I naieve.

I told M*rsh* to go immediately to Craig and report to him what had happened, because this seemed to me to be a matter of utmost urgency that needed to be promptly and profoundly addressed.

When she came back to the room, I was confused even further. M*rsh* told me that when she told Craig what had happened, he told M*rsh* if she could handle it, it was OK, and if she couldn't then don't do it.

That really confused me. But I figured, hey, I don't know this M*rsh* chick, maybe she's a little ditzy, maybe she's not telling the truth. Because I couldn't possibly imagine Craig Martindale or anyone else in TWI giving that kind of advice to anyone, much less Way Corps. So I kind of blew it off, forgot about it.

Until later on in the year, R***** P*ny*rd actually got tossed out of the Corps for carrying on an adulterous sexual relationship with a different single woman in our Corps. At the time, I thought, well, see, he really was doing that, and look: they didn't put up with it, they threw him out.

Little did I know, they threw him out not because he was having an adulterous affair, but that he was not discreet enough about it and it became "common knowledge" among the Corps, injuring his wife, etc, etc.

And years on down the road, lo and behold, I look up the No Way Out website, and there is my old roomie M*rsh*, not only telling the story about R***** and her, and what she had told me Craig had told her, but also M*rsh* told of how she was eventually seduced into VPW's circle of women by several elder Corps women who were pimping for him.

Hey, that was a real eye opener for me. I knew then M*rsh* was not some ditzy person, but someone who was innocent, naieve, and sucked into a vortex of intimidating sexual abuse at the hands of a man to whom she entrusted her spiritual and physical life.

Yeah, that's Martindale's line. And he learned it from VPW.

Oh and BTW... the incident I mention occurred back in 1975.

So you can figure from that point, Craig had already practiced adultery "If you can handle it" often enough to make it a doctrine to teach to The Way Corps, specifically my room mate M*rsh*, on her first day in residence.