GreaseSpot Cafe

The Problem with "The Present Truth"

ChasUFarley

In PFAL we were taught by ol' Vic that truth doesn't change. Truth is truth and will ALWAYS stay the same. Facts will change as we have more information but truth won't change. Period.

Forward to a new administration. New power-hungry-screamer with a bad comb over decided that he's going to get rid of the chaff, end the "fog years" and starts slowly introducing the phrase "The Present Truth".

First it's taught at Corpse Nights, then Advance Classes, so on.

I remembered being puzzled by the frequent use of this statement and what it REALLY meant. It ended up meaning that anything from VPW's administration, up to when the "fog years" ended - about 1989-ish - was to be thrown out.

Fast Forward to another admistration - now there's another leader in place. She used the phrase "The Present Truth" in the commercial that TWI aired not too long ago. Why isn't she getting rid of Craig's crap? What is she introducing that's new?

The Problem with The Present Truth is that they're defining it as ONE MAN'S idea of the truth - not the Word! This trend is going from administration to administration.

I'm not one to knock innies for being in - I was in TWI too long and stayed for the wrong reasons -- but I really have to ask: Are they lulled to sleep that badly? Is anyone questioning any of what they're being told?

The other problem with the phrase "present truth" is that it's WRONG.

"Hogwash, WordWolf. You're barking up the wrong tree," you might say.

"It's in the Bible." Well, yes and no.

The English words in the KJV say "present truth".

However, just like the "replenish" being in English but not in the originals,

the "present truth" doesn't mean what you think.

It's not "present" as in "past, present, future".

It's not "present" as in a gift, either.

As someone already pointed out at the GSC, it's an indication of location.

The truth is HERE! No more waiting for truth-it's arrived and it's ours!

This nonsense about truth being something that changes when leadership wants

to teach something else is unbiblical and illogical.

The present truth was a wrap around concept from the idea of crossing into the Promised land...I remember the load of what I had to carry each step as I was crossing over into the Promised Land. It became very burdemsome and very heavy and heavier. Each week the instructions changed in doctrine and principle (road to)...One day I said to myself...When in the _____ are we going to get there...never did....it was flanked with LIES......

Edited by Guest

There is no such thing as "present truth." That term in and of itself is a contradiction that makes no sense.

But then I guess that's advantageous to those that propound it. It just causes more confusion and makes people unable to believe in their own logic and common sense, thereby enabling the controllers to control all the more.

IMO, This present truth idea is a continuance of the old present poop, with a different smell to it.Or is it present hoop? What ever the lable ,it's still incosistent verbage of something that does't work, has hurt the masses and is down right evil.

I guess that sounded confusing. I don't mean that I doubt anyone here, but I can't go home and say, "guess what I saw on GSpot today...." I have to "research" this on my own and say, "Guess what I found in my daily reading in the Bible? Can this possibly be true? Could it be that we have been taught something wrong by TWI?"

Who gets to decide the validity of the "present truth"? You? Me? Whoever is interred..um, I mean installed as the president of a minor religous organization? The Chief Apostle and Head Prophet of the storefront Church of the Bleeding Knuckles and Shoe Repair?

And the most wonderful thing of all - It doesn't have to be based on anything!

"God told me the Word is over the World!"

"God told me there are too many homos in our organization!"

"God told me to close the door of this open-door ministry!"

"God told me how you should bless me, babeee! A-hehhh-hehhh-hehhhhhhh!"

Present truth - an invitation to insanity.

TWI just blatantly wrongly divides 2 Peter 1:12 and invented "present truth" doctrine in order biblically justify being wishy washy or changing thier minds.

Add to this the doctrines of "old wineskin" and whereonly certain leaders ( BOT ?) get revelation and the possibilities are endless.

For example:

The BOT decides that folks shouldn't own a house - House ownership becomes an "old wineskin" while TWI's new debt policy becomes "present truth".

Oops that backfired! -- To many folks leaving over this. What shall we do to save the ABS? Oh, let's not admit we were wrong and stupid. Let's just get some "revelation" and let the debt policy become an "old wineskin" but still necessary at the time. And let's say that new "present truth" allows folks to own homes!

Pretty nifty -eh ?

Of course this only works in a cult like TWI where the followers take the word of their leaders over that of scripture. I wonder if the current innies even read their Bibles or do even basic research anymore. It does not seem like if they actually buy into this "present truth" horsepucky.

2Pe 1:12 (KJV)

Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know [them], and be established in the present truth.

Strong's equates this word in the Greek with pareimi, however the word in the text is actually "parouse" or "parousei" depending upon the text you look at.

A morphological analysis of parousei indicates it is from "paro/w"

which means to mutilate or to pierce or something along those lines. That just does not seem to fit so I looked up some classical Greek literature and found several usages of "parousei" and the translators of these texts translate parousei the same as "pareimi" so I'll go with Strong's here ...

(pareimi )

1) to be by, be at hand, to have arrived, to be present

2) to be ready, in store, at command

Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 23

AV - be present 9, come 7, present 3, be present here 1, be here 1,

such things as one hath + 3588 1,

he that lacketh + 3361 + 3739 1; 23

It's pretty clear that "present" in 2 Peter 1:12 does NOT have anything to do with time as in past, present and future, but rather has to do with "presence". Think of it as the opposite of "absent".

Edited by Guest

But what's the "Present Truth" now?

I would think there would be "mixed messages" to anyone who survived the fog years, the purge that follow when LCM outted everything that had anything to do with previous leadership but the RFR still used LCM's materials (he's out now, ISN'T HE?)

She used the damn buzz words on TV - what do they mean to her administration NOW?

For all you commercial watchers (TOM STRANGE!!) et al,

The PRESENT TRUTH was/is alot like that CINGULAR WIRELESS commercial....

"It is pretty hard to know when you have crossed the line WHEN YOU CAN'T SEE THE LINE.

The present truth was just one more way to control and manipulate the twi followers. One more imaginery measuring stick, one more way to PROVE your salt.

Radar