GreaseSpot Cafe

Twi's "superlatives"

GrouchoMarxJr

This should be good for some chuckles. Remember how twi leaders would often speak in superlatives, when it came to various aspects of life and culture. For example:

Veepee would often refer to Howard Allen as the "greatest Christian layman on earth" or...

I once heard lcm refer to Don Wierwille as the "greatest secular educator" on earth. or...

I once heard Veepee refer to Don Williams (a second rate country singer) as the "greatest male tenor voice on earth"...roflmao....or....

Veepee referring to Claudette as the "greatest female gospel singer on earth"...she was good, but.....or

The claim that Veepee has had the "greatest amount of revelation of any man since the apostle Paul" (like as if somebody had been keeping a tally over the years, LOL)...or...

That the corps training at Emporia was "the greatest spiritual training anywhere on earth"...or...

C'mon folks, I'm sure we got some real side splitters between all of us. Let's hear yours!

twi could have taught James Brown and Don King quite a few

lessons about shameless self-promotion.

twi had all the greatest living scholars of greek/aramaic

and so on.

(It had a few good ones, but they kept leaving or getting

kicked out.)

The copse had a training the equal of any college or

university out there.

(With no college-level professors, and a library composed

of second-hand textbooks, this doesn't even look viable

on paper...)

You'll grow ten year's worth in one year on the wow field.

(Some grew, some learned little.)

The top leaders of twi could easily run a Fortune 500

company, the average leaders were all equal to middle

management.

(We've seen how well that's worked...

Between ballyboi and all the copse who struggled once they

were shoved out. Some were more employable than others,

the current innies will probably need to start at the bottom

once they're squeezed dry and swallowed.)

way productions was the equal to any musical group or

mass-media production anywhere.

(Run by people with neither experience in media nor music

nor entertainment.)

aos was the equal to other productions out there.

(I've seen one that's worse, but that's it.)

The time would fail to tell of them all....

Didn't they "write" an Aramaic inter-linear or something. I remember it vaguely, 15 or so volumes, and it was the "first of it's kind" in the world.

Also that Aramaic "typing" ball they had made for who knows how much money. It was touted as the only one of it's kind in the world.

quote:
Originally posted by Cherished Child:

How about this one? Doc. Wierwille was such a spiritual giant, that he was one of only three human beings ever to have directly dealt with the devil himself---the other two being Eve and Jesus Christ....Riiight....

Yeah, I can't top that quote for sheer over-the-topness.

----------------------------------------------------------

I know they did a New Testament Aramaic Interlinear in 3 volumes.

I know this because I own a set.

It's 3 volumes for ease of reading. The pages are formatted to include the actual

word order, and to put them left-right instead of right-left like Aramaic is

written. All of that takes space, and the typeface is nicely sized for

readability. It's not too shabby.

If someone claimed there was an 18-volume set, they need to just say no to drugs.

Was that Holy Spirit quote in reference to Billy G., or some other big name evangelist? Or maybe it was in reference to B. G. Leonard, who (according to V. P. so it must be true icon_wink.gif;)-->)supposedly knew alot about "the Holy Spirit field" right?

Anyway, I remember Brother Leonard saying in the Gifts of the Spirit class that until your preaching saved one more soul than Billy G. had, you didn't have the right to speak about or (especially) criticize him.

Likewise, until you performed one more miracle through the use of the gifts of the Spirit than Brother Leonard had, you had no right to criticize him. Mind you, Brother Leonard had permormed hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) of genuine, bonafied, miracles in the name of Jesus Christ.

Yet someone had the gall and unabashed, arrogant audacity to claim that they had forgotten more about the Holy Spirit field than that boy will ever know.

Truly pathetic.