GreaseSpot Cafe

Notes from Hell

jell remler

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in in '73 out in '96. Doesn't sound like things got any better post-LCM.

In the 70's we never knew what was going to happen next. We were dedicated to loving people where they were at any given moment, and taking care of them. When I ran a twig before I went out WOW, I sat on the floor to teach because I didn't want to be enthroned. I read somewhere that one member of the body was not to be esteemed more highly than any other. icon_wink.gif;)--> Guess I was wrong about that, huh?

We never disbanded without asking every being there if there was anything we could do to help them with anything, prayer requests were not taken lightly. There were probably times when I even forgot to pray for the MOG. He was doin' okay, but my buddy sitting across the room just lost his job. He was in need.

Later when I was married, my husband and I would go rescue someone who had a car break down in the middle of the night; heck, we gave away three cars when we were in SC. We did everything we could for people.

Maybe we were wrong. Maybe we should have sold those cars and sent the money to LCM & co. But I don't think so. I think TWI is wrong. There's no joy there any more. Too much control. No godliness, just a form of it.

RUN EVERYBODY! Get out of there now!

WG

WG said:

quote:
In the 70's we never knew what was going to happen next. We were dedicated to loving people where they were at any given moment, and taking care of them. When I ran a twig before I went out WOW, I sat on the floor to teach because I didn't want to be enthroned. I read somewhere that one member of the body was not to be esteemed more highly than any other. Guess I was wrong about that, huh?
Nope, you weren't... that's what I remember about all of you guys who came to FW... you were great examples of living love... I still tip my hat to you...

WG,

quote:
In the 70's we never knew what was going to happen next. We were dedicated to loving people where they were at any given moment, and taking care of them. When I ran a twig before I went out WOW, I sat on the floor to teach because I didn't want to be enthroned. I read somewhere that one member of the body was not to be esteemed more highly than any other. Guess I was wrong about that, huh?

That seemed like such an elusive/fleeting time for me in TWI...it lasted for about 2 mths when I first arrived in 1976 and poof it disappeared as fast as it came.

So sad icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

I tried for the next 20 years to recapture that moment. It was never to be again. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Glad to hear you hung on longer than most.

((((WG))))) God must smile when he looks down upon you ... taking care of His china like that. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

A la quote:

"That seemed like such an elusive/fleeting time for me in TWI...it lasted for about 2 mths when I first arrived in 1976 and poof it disappeared as fast as it came.

So sad

I tried for the next 20 years to recapture that moment. It was never to be again"

Great way to put it! I think that's what I tried to do to. Maybe not realizing it till now. Even when I talked to people about TWI, my description of what twig was like was more from my first experience that what it really had become.

My great moment lasted about 2 years. Then the "fog years" hit and, well, it was way weird after that. There was never again a time when life at Der Vay was not full of turmoil. Glad to be out of the mess.

Thanks for the thought provoking comment.

JT

Imbus,

I've been thinking of this lately regarding TWI. It became a co-dependency. We wanted the high, therefore we would jump through any hoop to get it. They had the drug and we were the junkie.

Those notes that Jell posted, made me think that no one in their right mind could sit there and think that was rational. Yet, I did. I sat through hours and hours and hours of those LCM power-hungry teachings and thought it was the best thing since slice bread. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

I know I'm going off on a tangent here but, where we pre-disposed to TWI's thinking and ways because of upbringing, past experiences (usually negative ones) and phobias?

"It became a co-dependency. We wanted the high, therefore we would jump through any hoop to get it. They had the drug and we were the junkie."

The body releases endorfins sp? when we learm something....it is a naturally produced in our bodies type of morphine...in other words we get a natural high

from learning. That is why were were addicted to twi and its endless teachings on teachings, classes, SNS, etc.

Who said "religion is the opiate of the masses"? TWI's religion was like opium to us in "the household."

Free at last...thank God Almighty we're free at last!

Lightside, you left us all hanging - finish your sto-rey ...

Did you end up getting help for your son?? Is he still involved with gangs? Is he in jail now, or worse??

Hows about your daughter and her friends?? Have they found jobs just outside Reno yet??

I miss the loving attitudes of the bleedership ...

Golfie,

quote:
The body releases endorfins sp? when we learm something....it is a naturally produced in our bodies type of morphine...in other words we get a natural high

from learning.

Interesting? I've never heard of this in the learning field.

Makes sense...I remember the german guy from the PFAL 77 video saying.. 'Allz I vaunted vaz da knowleddge.' HE WAS ADDICTED! icon_eek.gif

From Advanced Class Special (Georgia?) Feb 5 1986 Sesssion 20

Dr W- 2 Gods- No man has full understanding of this field- Most people don’t believe there is such a field. Satan only afflicts Sons of God and makes his people appear to have abundant life.

(Mr. Subliminal Says)YOU ARE BETTER OFF LIVING LESS THAN ABUNDANTLY IN TWI BECAUSE LIVING ABUNDANTLY OUTSIDE IS A COUNTERFIET- GIVE MORE! LIVE LESS! POVERTY AND NEED IS TRUE ABUNDANCE!

Man with seed of Christ can still invite in Devil Spirits & be possessed.

(Mr. Subliminal Says) IF YOU ARE NOT WITH US (FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS IN TWI) YOU ARE POSSESSED AND ITS YOUR OWN FAULT. EVEN IF YOU ARE IN AND AREN'T OBEDIENT FOLLOWERS YOU STILL MIGHT BE POSSESSSED AND ITS YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT- YOU INVITED THEM IN!

Anyone can be possessed- unless they close their trap door- That takes believing

(Mr. Subliminal Says) NOW YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO TWI LEADERSHIP PARTICULARLY VPW AND LCM- THEY WERE POSSESSED AND IT WAS THEIR OWN FAULT- THEY REAPED WHAT THEY HAD SOWN.

I'm new here. Read a lot of the posts and unfortunately I'm still in. Why? My spouse a corpse grad, now just an advanced class grad would d-i-v-o-r-c-e- me! I hate to leave the young'ns. So I just don't swallow the Kool-aid, I pretend to. I threw away a my notes from hell after the fall of the, lol, spiritual head cheese. Now I don't take any notes and nobody confronts me, go figure!!

Welcome Mr. Moonlight.

I'm sure no one needs to tell you, but just in case: please be careful posting. You don't want to give anyone tips as to your identity or location.

You're in my prayers, and I'm sure a few others' too.

By the way, you're also in my seat. But I'll make an exception. This time. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Coffee?

Damn MrMoonlight...tough tough spot to be in....but I know that YOU know your kiddoes need you...sure wouldn`t want to leave em unprotected with twi influence.

Bless your heart for being strong for them...welcome to gspot....how bout a cup o coffee to wash out that koolaid taste? I`m buyin :-)

Thanks Raf and rascal

I'll be sure to be careful. Thanks for the seat and I take cream only. I know several folks here and I'm sure some of them know me and my family. I don't know of any way I can acknowledge them without compromising my situation. It's been quite a journey from PFAL in The mid-80's to the present and how the H*ll it got to this place, I kick myself in the butt for getting involved in the first place as a single guy. Now, I just steel myself and move on.

Mr. Moonlight,

Welcome! Greasespot is a great place to be...so don't kick yourself anymore ok!

You asked how you could acknowledge certain people without compromising your situation...well you could private topic them. They would be the only ones who could read what you wrote to them.

Enjoy your time here. So glad you've come on board!

Hugs to those kiddies of yours. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Hi Mr. Moonlight,

I waited for my spouse to desire to leave for several years. It wasn't easy, but he eventually saw how unbalanced life was, how ugly things got. And I had to be so careful about not voicing all my complaints etc.

It was a great unburdening when we left.

I don't think he would have wanted to divorce me, but since there were children I think he might have been persuaded to divorce and get custody to keep them 'in the protection of the Household.'