GreaseSpot Cafe

What is the real purpose of this website?

wonder1

quote:
Originally posted by excathedra:

_I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men._ -Robert Ingersoll

Great quote, Excathedra! icon_smile.gif:)--> Definitely a keeper!

Thanks!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What is the real purpose of this website? All I see is bashing, slamming and cut downs. If this ministry was really that bad why continue to talk about it. I know if I had a bad experience with a group (which I have) I might talk about for a little bit, but then its history! Why the constant talk??"

How about if this website has as many purposes as there are posters?

How about if this is the only place some people have found where they can unload years of pain, grief, guilt, fear, shame, etc, etc, etc? I don't care how many times someone might say the same thing, if it helps them hurt a little less, heal a little more, they should say it a thousand times.

Wonder,

Why are you asking and why do you care?

quote:
Originally posted by wonder1:

What is the real purpose of this website? All I see is bashing, slamming and cut downs. If this ministry was really that bad why continue to talk about it. I know if I had a bad experience with a group (which I have) I might talk about for a little bit, but then its history! Why the constant talk??

If you want to really know the answer to your question if an answer is what you want or a reason to why you wonder ? Well then I welcome you to a private post with me and I will give you my honest answers as to why I come here and will also challenge your perception too. All I ask is that you LISTEN yes LISTEN to one voice and I wil LISTEN to yours ok ? That is of course if you really want somewhat of an answer and some perception to your wonderment. In the meantime maybe :Stop and Think / Take a better Look More than than constant talk about bad experiences and yeah it is History all right. History is worthy sometimes to remember and to talk/learn from past mistakes . I wonder how deep your wonder really is ?

Here's my rabbit's worth:

What is the real purpose of this website?

To tell the truth about TWI, warts and all.

To share and compare experiences, find old friends, and make new ones. To provide substantiation for some rumors and to debunk others. And occasionally to get silly. Would you like some coffee?

All I see is bashing, slamming and cut downs.

You're not looking very hard at all. Check out the doctrinal section, where serious debates and discussions about doctrinal issues take place. Try the prayer room: some people would appreciate some prayer. Politics your game? Bush lovers and Bush bashers love to clash swords over politics.

If this ministry was really that bad why continue to talk about it?

Because there are still some people who refuse to believe it is bad. And we welcome them, but we tend to get riled up when people say "everything's fine" or "everything was fine." Because it's not. And it wasn't. While good things were happening on the surface, other things were happening behind closed doors. People were abused. Lives were ruined. In God's name.

I know if I had a bad experience with a group (which I have) I might talk about for a little bit, but then its history! Why the constant talk?

Hey, bully for you, dude! I'm happy for you. Really. I wasn't hurt at all by TWI. Not in the slightest. Saddened, but not hurt. So when I realized there was an on-line community of people who shared this particular experience, I was happy. And the more I learned about them, the more I appreciated the different directions their lives took. I don't know, it's just interesting. Don't people interest you?

And you didn't ask this one, but I'm going to answer it anyway:

Don't you have better things to do?

Yes. And I do them. All the time. I run my own Web site. I see movies (Young Adam: don't bother). I write for a newspaper. I'm a karaoke freak. I read my Bible and other articles of Biblical interest. I vote. Heck, I do all sorts of stuffs. And on slow moments during the day, or when I'm at home relaxing, I sometimes come here to talk to interesting people such as yourself.

coffee.jpgpalm%2520tree%2520cream%2520sugar.jpg

I had to leave the cream and sugar on the side, since you didn't tell me how you take your coffee. Drink up. And again, welcome.

Goey - Ha! that is a very interesting site. I hope you expound further. Looks like it has all the beginnings of something big. How did you make the link look like a domain name different than where it points to. I know it is probably simple but just askin.

John R.

As long as TWI still abuses and still exists to abuse (Oh, they are so tough...!!!!!) we will continue to let it be known here. The organization thinks they are bad-asses for Christ. All they are are a bunch of no-good, un-Christ-like, sorry excuse for Christians that the world has ever seen. They are the worst ambassadors for Christ one could ever imagine. Their paranoia and anal-retentiveness surpasses all the combined schizophrenics in group therapy combined.

And they still play LCM's crapful of classes, none of them accurate. They still magnify a serial rapist. And that is what I think of LCM. And anybody else in that organization that did what he did.

Why do we keep going? To prevent another person from getting involved in it and lose years of their life and self-esteem over nothing.

I don't know if many at GS share my anger.

The real purpose of the website is stated up front, but unfortunately, the focus of the posters can widely vary, and that CAN result in the "bashing, slamming and cut downs" that Wonder 1 mentioned.

It is an unfortunate fact that there are some here who post half-@$$ed information without double-checking it, and without regard for the hurt they cause when half-truths are posted.

Some also have a habit of responding in a rude and offensive manner without properly considering a question being posed. And when corrected, refuse to admit to or apologize for their errors.

If these posters would "take the time to read on the main Website," they would see that they do not comply with the spirit of being "courteous to fellow posters."

This regretably reflects badly upon those posters who conduct themselves with integrity, honesty, and courtesy, and confirms suspicions of those who believe this website is only a place to bitch and moan, and post lies and half-truths about The Way International.

Wonder 1

The Way International is constantly agressively recruiting unsuspecting people to feed their greed for money and control. Their fondest wish is that we would all go away and cease telling the truth of what occurred to us and our families.

If we all stopped posting our first-hand experiences, those who have been approached by The Way International and who log on to the internet to search out the legitimacy of the organization would be limited to only what The Way wants them to know, not the truth of their corrupt activities.

There are certainly other organizations that seek to expose cults in general, but very few are truly dedicated primarily to exposing The Way International by bearing witness with their own first-hand testimonies to the devastation that organization can bring to those who become involved with them.