GreaseSpot Cafe

What Did You Give Up for "The Word"?

Nottawayfer

In twi, we obviously shunned any friends or family members who did not want "The Word." Marriages were terminated by one not wanting it anymore; friendships were ended because of it; and people lived dull boring lives without many vacations or much money because they chose to do "The Word".

I gave up my good fertile years to wait for a believing man to marry; I shared a dorm room for two years straight with a very judgmental woman; I worked for less money than a secular job on Staff because I thought God was blessing me for working for His ministry (I didn't see any extra blessings).

I know this seems meanial compared to what some of you gave up. What did you give up?

I gave up my drug friends (they were pretty much ALL my friends). No serious confrontations with my family. Don't see them a whole lot, but I didn't before TWI anyway, other than my mom. She came to a few fellowships and even went to HQ once, but never took PFAL.

I guess I temporarily gave up rock and roll for the word but the "weeds grew back" and I have reassembled my r&r collection. It's really true: rock and roll never forgets.

Geeze the list is a long one...was the question what we gave up? or was it what was taken?

Aside from my obvious loss on the other thread....ummm my wonderfull sci fi vintage book collection.... my ball glove that my grandma gave me when I was a kid...my my raggedy anne doll that my now dead gramma made by hand for me (long story)...

my two horses...my two dogs....the many birds...hamsters...fish that I rescued from the pet store euthanasia....time with family at weddings and funerals for 15 years....time with my family period....my dignity...my self respect...I am sure I will think of more.

My relationship with the Father and Jesus, but the good news is I woke up! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Independent thinking...having to ''check in'' with my TC to make sure I was thinking correctly according to the word. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Some wonderful years with my Dad before he passed because I followed my TC to Florida. (He was my husband's family)

...sigh... oh well on to the next chapter...

this is awful but it is the only thing I can think of .

alot of great sex ! by refusing to get married and dealing with all the rules and regs that requires! and still believing it is wrong to have sex without that commintmeent to one another!

I seriously ask God about this alot still why to me this is the most foolish set-up in the word. but I believe it is true.

lol

Whatever it was I am sure it looks small in comparison to what God gave up for me.

You Pulled me out of bondage and You made me renewed inside,

Filled up a hunger that had always been denied,

Opened up a door no man can shut and You opened it up so wide

And You've chosen me to be among the few.

What can I do for You?-BDylan