GreaseSpot Cafe

Mushrooms of TWI

pjroberge

Exie, :-) Thanks for a smile. Needed one today. Love you.

Mushrooms? I've only been gone for about 18 months so my experience is pretty recent. It was different than the 90s when I left. Less open paranoia. Nope, different approach these days. No, they face the bad information the way they used to face the deprogramming stories. They talk about things more openly with a view to defuse and discredit them. Instead of getting angry they just dismiss it.

Besides, if you saw the lawsuits, mass defections, and everything else, you're probably in for life.

• 4 weeks later...

From another thread showing how in the dark TWI members are:

quote:
The innies didn't even know the Allen lawsuit was settled and were told that TWI was going to prevail in the lawsuit because everything was a lie. Gee, I wonder why they had to pay the Allens...

The innies also had no clue about the other lawsuits.

I remember back in 1977, we were all walking out of the large fellowship (limb meeting), and we were greeted by folks handing out flyers, depicting twi as a cult with some pretty damaging things about Wierwille on it...I took the thing back to my room and read it. Looking back, I understand the "mindset" of the cult member...they instantly eliminate any contrary information from their minds by dismissing it as being an "attack from the enemy". The harder you try to reach these people, the more convinced they become of their erroneous position. I recall actually using the flyer in one of my "teachings" at twig concerning not being ignorant of the devil's devices...scheeesh! icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

It's a sad situation because the rank and file cult members are not bad people...in fact, there is something to be admired about someone who is willing to make a committment to what they believe in...they really do think they are right...hopefully, some of them will "wake up" before they find themselves broke and without a future. As for the "leaders" who continue to abuse them and give them the mushroom treatment...May they eventually choke on the very same horse...., that they have been feeding others for so long...

UH,

It's possible. I lasted through the tail end of POP, the early 90s ranting by LCM and even the lawsuits. Even mushrooms can get tired of suffering after a while.

There were a LOT of people when I left that were just going through the motions. No real growth at all. If it weren't for the kids of the remaining old grads turning 12, a lot of classes wouldn't have run. When the current generation dies off? It will be even smaller than it is now. Maybe that's how we calculate the end?

Several people have alleged that TWI is a criminal organization. When the Feds bring an indictment, it won't be for only the bot. It will be for all the staffers and fellowship coordinators also.

How important will being a leader for TWI be then innies? Do you really think TWI's lawyers will represent you, or will TWI discard you like trash as they have to thousands of others.......

.....before you answer, take a moment to reflect on all the

broken promises that were discussed when they kicked

Mrs W out of her home rather than honour their committments?

As far as they were concerned, she was disposable....

do you think you'll fare any better?

Posted By PR: "...When the Feds bring an indictment, it won't be for only the bot. It will be for all the staffers and fellowship coordinators also."

Pat, how do you figure that? Why on earth would the feds want to indict a unwitting little Home Fellowship Coordinator, who you have already implied by the title of this thread, is in the dark and being fed crap by the BOT?

If anyone is ever indicted (and that is a very big if), it would most likely be be the BOT and former BOT members, Country Cordinators,and Limb leaders and folks like John Linder - not the little folks who have no knowledge of the inner workings of TWI.

But, in any case, in the event of a criminal investigation or criminal charges, the BOD would probably never spend money on legal fees for anyone other than themselves - if the law will even allow them to do that.

Goey,

Perhaps there could be found someone in leadership that really was naive to what was going on. They will have an opportunity to explain to the US attorney or whoever prosecutes the case for the feds.

The state leaders in Tennessee for the Peelers challenged being sued with TWI and lost. They are co-defendents with TWI. Perhaps innies will reconsider what potential legal problems are associated with being affiliated with TWI...