GreaseSpot Cafe

Why twi's followers rarily witness

skyrider

Sheesh. They don't witness because deep down in their hearts they are ashamed. Not ashamed of the gospel, but ashamed of the lameness and control freak nature of their ministry. They secretly hope it will get better so someday in the future they won't have to be ashamed.

Sheesh. They don't witness because deep down in their hearts they are ashamed. Not ashamed of the gospel, but ashamed of the lameness and control freak nature of their ministry. They secretly hope it will get better so someday in the future they won't have to be ashamed.

Bingo! Well said. It makes one wonder what goes through the minds of the corpse who have to stand in front of people and try to get them pumped up? Oh wait, there's a book about that:

post-1024-124826781053_thumb.jpg

Edited by JustThinking

In the past three years, I've crossed paths with MANY twi followers in the coffeeshops and supermarkets of the city. Some of them will visit with me for a couple of minutes, some won't.

Several of the gung-ho corps that I've encountered, are NO LONGER corps.

Some of the twig coordinators NO LONGER run a fellowship in their home.

A couple of long-standing advanced class grads told me that they RARILY WITNESS anymore.

And to think.....this is a sampling of twi's followers that have crossed my path. Are you guys seeing this? I even crossed paths with an ex-corps guy who stated, "We stay out of their (bod) shix and they don't get involved in our shix."

There seems to be a huge DISCONNECT on the rise with twi's "followers." Maybe.......that's why twi's faithful rarily witness anymore???

skyrider

The last year or so that I was still involved with the twi I stopped witnessing a.k.a. stopped promoting twi.Some of the reasons I stopped were because I thought to myself why would I want to invite someone to be a part of something I myself was sick of,so boring,I mean how many times can volumes 1 thru whatever of studies in abundant living be taught,the ministry of an apostle is not allowed to function in twi,no new light.I also did not want to invite people to be a part of something so deceitful,for example people should be told up front right from the beginning that they will have to be debt free to take certain classes.

Since leaving twi I have ran into a couple people still involved,what's funny is one of them referred to my leaving as "no longer fellowshipping",I did not know an individual's "fellowshipping" hinged on whether or not you go to twi.Typical way speak/way brain.

I have run into maybe one person still in in the last five years. And the person was NOT witnessing. Person was at coffee shop. Had a group of a few "professional" types the person made a connection with in the community. This person saw me, and I could see the panic, and lips move.. "gawd, please don't let him recognize me.."

The eyes.. like a deer caught in the headlights..

:biglaugh:

then person turned chair so as not to be in my view.. absolutely pathetic. Where are you "prevailing" now, hmmm?

unbelievable.. I just pretended I didn't see the person.. but the look of fear.. so afraid I'd "out" them as to what kind of organization they "belong" to.. and really, with the line of work, it would be death, professionally.

I think the person is still "in"..

I have run into maybe one person still in in the last five years. And the person was NOT witnessing. Person was at coffee shop. Had a group of a few "professional" types the person made a connection with in the community. This person saw me, and I could see the panic, and lips move.. "gawd, please don't let him recognize me.."

then person turned chair so as not to be in my view.. absolutely pathetic. Where are you "prevailing" now, hmmm?

unbelievable.. I just pretended I didn't see the person.. but the look of fear.. so afraid I'd "out" them as to what kind of organization they "belong" to.. and really, with the line of work, it would be death, professionally.

OMG, that reminds me of the time we were given some stupid new bumper sticker to replace the old green one. Something about prevailing, blah, blah, blah. The only thing I really remember was dreading someone looking at the back of my car and seeing it wasn't there. No way I was going to work with that thing on my bumper. Do they still even sell bumper stickers? All 85 people in WayVille probably have one by now anyway. ;)

JT

• Upvote 1

Sell them.. they used to give them away. ha.. they probably drudged up an old box of them out of the depths of the osc, branded them "new prevailing present truth stickers" and sold them for five bucks each..

the "followers" probably have to send a copy of their vehicle registration, to prove said vehicle is not a thirty year old "wowmobile" before consideration that twi even WANTS to sell them the bumper sticker..

but I think they probably already kicked out anybody who owned an old rust bucket to begin with.. bad advertising ya know..

Edited by Ham

Wait a minute...didn't "they" put bumper stickers on our cars while we were parked out in the pastures of Lima or Shelby Co. back in 1974 or '75? I'm experiencing a fuzzy memory...something about one of the people I knew being upset that the sticker was placed there without permission, and me not comprehending how someone wouldn't want it.doh.gif I know...what a maroon.

You are so much nicer than me. I would be sorely tempted to, without making any reference to TWI at all, sorely tempted to say something like, "Hey John good too see ya again - been awhile eh?" Then I'd just sit back and enjoyed my coffee without another word of recognition. Let'em worry - just for a tad of entertainment.

Wait a minute...didn't "they" put bumper stickers on our cars while we were parked out in the pastures of Lima or Shelby Co. back in 1974 or '75? I'm experiencing a fuzzy memory...something about one of the people I knew being upset that the sticker was placed there without permission, and me not comprehending how someone wouldn't want it.doh.gif I know...what a maroon.

I had a very similar experience that year.

One of my family members, who was a new grad, came out to the parking area and found a bumper sticker on the painted area of the trunk of a brand new car. The ROA had one less "happy camper" that year.

Thanks Waysider...I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly or not...it's nice to come here and straighten out the cobwebs.

Hey, can you fix us some blueberry pancakes and link sausages? I know it's afternoon, but your breakfast menu always sounds so good. smile.gif

You are so much nicer than me. I would be sorely tempted to, without making any reference to TWI at all, sorely tempted to say something like, "Hey John good too see ya again - been awhile eh?" Then I'd just sit back and enjoyed my coffee without another word of recognition. Let'em worry - just for a tad of entertainment.

Yeah.. well, what good is power if one uses it..

this is about the third time I've been in a position to either ruin somebody, or start some kind of cult..

who says power corrupts.. heh.

The first time.. I was hitch-hiking from Athens to Bluefield West Virginia. Circa 1974. About twelve miles or so, if I remember correctly..

A church bus passed me as I began my journey, and ignored my request for a ride..

right after the church bus passed, I got a ride.. five blocks up, the bus stopped for gas. We passed the bus, the driver unaware of my passage..

the car let me off a half mile down the road. So the bus passed again, twice ignoring my hand signal for a ride..

right after I got yet another ride. This one went about a mile and a half. The church bus had stopped to drop off something or another at a church.. and was unaware of my passage yet again.

this happened two more times.. and the fifth time.. the guy stopped the van.. with ashen face.. and asked me if I was an angel, or Jesus..

I could have told him ANYTHING.. and he would have believed it..

"naw.. I'm just as "ordinary" as anybody else.."

Edited by Ham
  • Upvote 2

I probably would have done the go up and say hello long time no see scenario and let the chips fall where they may .. even if you don't bring up TWI.. the other people are going to be asking where they know you from...

Oh yeah!

and the bus story. LOLOL

• Upvote 1

this happened two more times.. and the fifth time.. the guy stopped the van.. with ashen face.. and asked me if I was an angel, or Jesus..

I could have told him ANYTHING.. and he would have believed it..

Oh man...oh man...you could have looked at him with a calm composed face and simply responded, "I am a spiritual ambassador for the Lord thy God. The Lord hath need of your van." Hand held out pointing at the keys like the ghost of christmas future.

Dammit for you guys having all the fun - I have never run into a wayfer or even ex-wayfer face to face in the 24 years or so since I left. Probably god protecting them from my rather distorted sense of humor.

• Upvote 1

One time,(I was out of twi at the time)went to a fast food place to get some gut buster,well low and behold a way bumper sticker,

I did not communicate with anybody at the time,later when I went back to twi,I told the coord about the encounter,got chewed out for not saying anything!

I said at the time I had no intention of being involved.Sheesh you cannot win for losing in twi!

Whattsa matter twis?Ashamed of yor peoduct?

So one get the idea I am still in twi,Left for good in dec20000,Gee it was about of all things,door to door witneesing!

I said it was old wineskins,I was told it was because I did not like the coords wife!Said it had nothing to do with her,

did they listen?No brought up debt instead!Told them it was none of their buisness,hung up and never went back.

So one get the idea I am still in twi,Left for good in dec20000,Gee it was about of all things,door to door witneesing!

I said it was old wineskins,I was told it was because I did not like the coords wife!Said it had nothing to do with her,

did they listen?No brought up debt instead!Told them it was none of their buisness,hung up and never went back.

Whoa, Frank, what were you thinking?!!! This was a test of your spiritual abilities and you blew it?! If you had said, you did like the coordinator's wife and, in fact, had the hots for her, you would have been corpse material. Heck, you might have been the new limb coordinator. I bet you're kicking yourself now, huh?

JT

p.s. It might be fun to try to remember the excuses I heard to get out of witnessing. Some were pretty original. :)

Edited by JustThinking

LOL I told my WOW family Coordinator I wasn't going door to door I already talked to everybody I met on the streets. And as far as I was concerned that was the proper way to spread the word.

POOR FC didn't know what to do with me.

LOL

Whoa, Frank, what were you thinking?!!! This was a test of your spiritual abilities and you blew it?! If you had said, you did like the coordinator's wife and, in fact, had the hots for her, you would have been corpse material. Heck, you might have been the new limb coordinator. I bet you're kicking yourself now, huh?

JT

p.s. It might be fun to try to remember the excuses I heard to get out of witnessing. Some were pretty original. :)

He he good one,As good as it sounds.Dale Seffri# was grounds keeper at twi for like 13 years,probably did know where a few skeletons were buried.(sic)

• Upvote 1

Every day of my life...when I awaken, I ask the Lord to PLEASE let me run into a member of twi...my prayer is that they come up to me and begin witnessing to me...

...Of course I will give them a fake name when I attend their fellowship...and they will never ever expect me to spike the punch bowl with LSD...and my gawd what fun it will be when they all start tripping...

...that's when I'll pull out MY tapes.... :spy:

• Upvote 1