GreaseSpot Cafe

Kinder and Gentler

outofdafog

Something very strange happened to me when I moved back to the town where I was involved in TWI2 before I was marked and avoided.

Now mind you, once I was marked and avoided I was like Mad Cow Disease for any faithful TWI groupie.

I started working at the restaurant managed by my brother and my old Household Fellowship Coordinator came in one morning about 6:00 and he couldn't have been nicer to me. Oh my god, sugar and spice rolled off his tongue. At that same restaurant about two weeks earlier, another couple had come in and recognized me and acted like I was "Velcome at the Vay", yet neither one of them ever came back.

These were the same folks who treated me and my two daughters like we had leprosy when Micha*l and Kris*en Reev*s decided we were no longer good enough for TWI2 in an Ohio branch Very VERY close to HQ. (am I being too obvious). Oh well if the shoe fits......) I think we were accused of allowing my brother to live with us while he got back on his feet, and this being a "bad" thing because my brother saw through their B.S. and wouldn't take their class. Exactly why I was marked and avoided. I had the nerve to help someone get back on their feet after some hard times. (a family member to boot) Shame on me! I refused to kick him out as they wanted even though he was doing great and really recovering from his life's choices. What a bad Christian I was.

Now all of a sudden they couldn't be nicer. Is this the kinder and gentler TWI that I hear about? Still haven't been invited back (Thank God).

Just pondering..................

Out,

I haven't been out long. (About 2 years) There was a big change after Craig got tossed. Instead of yelling at people which makes TWI look bad they are taught to be nice to your face now. However, they do NOT think of you ANY differently. If you could hear what they say about people who are gone, it hasn't changed ONE bit. Still the same nasty comments but they don't show it in public.

Beating kids with a spoon was the same way. Wayfers were told not to do in PUBLIC because it made the ministry look bad.

JT

They're whacked, alright. Reminds me, I think I've bumped into maybe 2-3 active Way peeps since leaving, one I knew well at one time and lo and behold out of the blue, met them at a school function. They were back in town or something or other. Wouldn't even talk to me or my family, turned their back on us. My daughter called them "the mean people from the Way" which is about all she knew about them. Couple more times, same thing. Then I guess they left the Way finally and a few months later happened to meet someone we knew and they were bawling about how they'd been in the Way and Ohio and whaaaaah, etc. Our friend recognized the name the Way and asked if these people knew us, and of course they did. And of course now that they'd left I guess it was going to be all better.

Or the other possibility, just as realistic, that once a jerk, still a jerk, regardless of what church you go to. Maybe, you never know.

Some people will think they can treat you like crap one day and everybody will just forget about it the next when they change their mind. But it doesn't work that way. Most of the time, sooner or later, it seems we reap what we sow.

Wow, are you people spoiled rotten. What did the Word cost you, anyway? These believers give you their best love of God in the renewed mind in manifestation for our day and our time and in alignment and accordance with the present truth - and you expect sincerity too? Sincerity is a trick of the adversary, people. If you can't switch your love on and off like a Walmart Christmas tree, you're being ruled by your emotions. Come back the Way, before it's too late. Sincerity is no guarantee for the truth. You must synchronize your heart to the revealed Word, as exemplified and illuminated by our ministry, in the renewed mind believer lifestyle, according to the best practices of right doctrine, reproof and correction, with spiritual acuity, casting down the five-senses idols of logic and emotion and walking with the manifested power of the spirit, exemplifying and illuminating the doctrinal perfection of the revealed Word and Will of God, according to the keys and principles made known for the first time since the first time since the first century and the last time before the second coming, and the best time since God told Dr. that if he would teach the Word to this generation the Church would rise and expand and multiply and divide and conquer and prevail and so on and so on. Renew your minds, people.

quote:
Originally posted by satori001:

Wow, are you people spoiled rotten. What did the Word cost you, anyway? These believers give you their best love of God in the renewed mind in manifestation for our day and our time and in alignment and accordance with the present truth - and you expect sincerity too? Sincerity is a trick of the adversary, people. If you can't switch your love on and off like a Walmart Christmas tree, you're being ruled by your emotions. Come back the Way, before it's too late. Sincerity is no guarantee for the truth. You must synchronize your heart to the revealed Word, as exemplified and illuminated by our ministry, in the renewed mind believer lifestyle, according to the best practices of right doctrine, reproof and correction, with spiritual acuity, casting down the five-senses idols of logic and emotion and walking with the manifested power of the spirit, exemplifying and illuminating the doctrinal perfection of the revealed Word and Will of God, according to the keys and principles made known for the first time since the first time since the first century and the last time before the second coming, and the best time since God told Dr. that if he would teach the Word to this generation the Church would rise and expand and multiply and divide and conquer and prevail and so on and so on. Renew your minds, people.

Now, Satori, how about giving us the EXPANDED version, according to usage? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

George

Don't kid yourself, George. They still talk bad about you to their twig. They'll be nice till they feel comfortable asking you to come back to fellowship. Turn them down and you're right back where you started.

Trust me. I haven't been out THAT long!

quote:
GeorgeStGeorge

posted December 03, 2004 12:52

Incidentally, all my recent conversations with those still in The Way have been quite pleasant, though I think, sadly, that it's because they've all been screwed over enough to be compassionate.

George

George, I thinks it's called "comfortably numb'~~~

Hey, I know what I am talking about because I know more WORD than you, therefore I know you better than you know yourself. And if you got a problem with that, then renew your mind. I say this because I love you, don't you know that?

I don't think it's kinder or more gentle. When you have 200 or more angry people in your state and someone egging them on (Craig & co.), it's easy to develop a mob mentality. Now that many, if not all, states are down to 40 or 50, very different dynamics. I think there was a mob-like mentality that ruled TWI for a while. (Hey Craig, isn't that some kind of devil spirit?!) Now there are just small pockets of Wayfers clinging to a dying cult. Hard to keep the torches lit.