GreaseSpot Cafe

New Websites

pjroberge

For those of you that may be interested, I have revived Ex-Wayworld Magazine. www.exwayworld.com Its focus is only TWI and their offshoots while Ex-Cultworld Magazine's new owner will expand into many different cults.

For those of you that enjoy satiric humor, the Present Spewth website is finally up. www.presentspewth.com

I also did a redesign of TWI's website that in my opinion is more truthful. Enjoy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job so far Pat.. hey, maybe if you had somebody with a little artistic ability, you could have a "fix up the pres for Sun. night service" section. You know, cut and paste various "items" on the poor old thing. Could have skull and crossbones, pirate hat, patch, stuff like that. Could make "Rosie the pirate."

That's one example.. the possibilities are endless! You could have Rosie the witch, Rosie the lumberjack, etc.

Mr. Hammeroni

quote:
you could have a "fix up the pres for Sun
A GS poster has already sent me some of Rosa-lie, but I need to check the legalities of posting any of the BOD's likenesses first.

The site is untouchable legally right now due to the First Amendment protection for satire and critical commentary, so it is important to not give TWI any way to mess with the site.

I read the entire Bob Snow interview. Was pleasantly surprised. He differentiates between a sect and a cult. My biggest beef with the whole "cult" frenzy is that it's just another form of political mud slinging in practice.

Bob Snow specifically said, and the interviewer concurred, that for a church to claim that some organization is a cult based on doctrine, such as Jesus Christ is not God, is misusing the word 'cult'. Rather, to him, a cult has to really abuse its people to deserve that label. I agree.

All those books on cults from 20 yrs ago all said that TWI is a cult ONLY because of JCING, thereby admitting they also believe Jews and Islamics are "cults" since those two groups also don't believe Jesus is God. They wouldn't dare admit it directly, knowing they'd be called Nazis. But the abuse described on GSC merits a label such as "cult". I'm glad to see that someone on the professional end of this can see clearly.

I think it would be hard to insult somebody who's claim to fame is that he eats three times a day, and does not mix his bread and vegetables. You would have to choose your words very, very carefully. No kidding.. this guy is a limb coordinator now.

Ah, trying to guilt me into stopping my criticism? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> That got me sucked into being PTA president for three years icon_eek.gif

Seriously Pat, while I applaud you doing your part to keep information about TWI flowing and all, I just don't think it's very funny. You can chalk it up to one man's personal opinion, but I prefer my satire to be a little more subtle, while your site is a bit more blunt and the humor more obvious than I normally like.

Anyway, I made my point, I shan't beat it to death - have fun anim-smile.gif