GreaseSpot Cafe

Staffer Stagnation

skyrider

On one of the recent threads, the question was asked....What does Rosie ACTUALLY do? But as twi diminishes and slows to a snail's pace in outreach & programs & activities....What do the staffers do at their jobs???

What does the printing department print?

What does the receiving dept receive?

What does the purchasing dept purchase?

What does the bookstore dept stock & sell?

What does the a/v dept duplicate.....besides sts tapes?

What does way builders build?

How can twi possibly employ 260+ staffers and fill these job responsibilities with bureaucratic busywork? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

And finally......how can field innies even begin to think that their abs money is "establishing the prevailing word in their day and time?"

Has common sense totally left the twi premises? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

skyrider

At the time of my posting this response to your initial post of this thread, there have been roughly over 60 hits on this and no response....

The thing is, dear Skyrider, that everyone who has left, or should I say, everyone who has a mind to THINK, knows that there's no logical answer to your question.

In short.... Who the hell knows?!?

(I think that if anyone did try to honestly answer your question, I would suspect they are still "in"....)

When I worked on staff in the 70's, there were 80 of us non-corps and corps grad staffers, with 100 interim corps staff. We managed. icon_smile.gif:)-->

And we had exponential growth, as far as followers go.

Our church has over 8,000 members and a staff of 25, most of which are part-timers. Makes one go hmmmmm.....

How much of the bloated staff situation is due to TWI still owning the original Wierwille farm?

I imagine that they could still administratively run a small organization like TWI has become out of small to medium suite of offices.

How much office space does it take to run a magazine? How many people does it take to oversee the Way Corps? Train the Way Corps?

Is much of the labor and space and expense due to keeping several sections of former farmland mowed and neat looking?

Thanks everyone.....for your posts.

quote:
The thing is, dear Skyrider, that everyone who has left, or should I say, everyone who has a mind to THINK, knows that there's no logical answer to your question.

Your right, Chas.......no logical answer to these questions.

Appreciate it though. icon_wink.gif;)-->

skyrider

• 2 weeks later...

If you were a stiff, I mean staff person, wouldn't this be a depressing weekend? At least there is some activity around "Ho HO." Sending out the treasured BOD Ho Ho card, the obligatory phone hookup, praying until 2 in the morning for Rosie's bunions, etc. Now what? Back to pretending you're on to the next great thing, I suppose. Ugh!

icon_frown.gif:(-->