GreaseSpot Cafe

New TWI Website

Abigail

JB,

Thanks for the heads up. For a couple of minutes there I was afraid someone crossed one line too many and you pulled the board. I have been very pleased to see so many people not only coming to your site, but responding in a respectful manner.

I also think it is very gracious of you to take the time to separate the forums instead of asking us to leave.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second what Abigail said. Mike - if I were JB I would mark and avoid you for your long windedness. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Sheesh! Sorry to burst your bubble but I doubt anyone over there cares about all that stuff.

you have so much to say, have you considered starting your own website? It's not that hard to do and its cheap. It would be more polite to direct someone to your volumes of material rather than state it all on someone else's space.

John R.

CoolWaters - Don't worry. I did edit my post instantly after I posted it. I decided to shorten it. You must have been right over my shoulder. It still looks ok to me.

Abigail,

Now that I've had my laugh, I agree with you. JB Yophoto seems to be a very decent guy.

I think we're seeing that although things did go radically wrong at TWI, much is changing as time goes by and things mellow out.

Many decent people stayed there to ride out the storm of LCM. Some were successful at keeping a low profile and escaping the axe. When I talked about 4 years ago to John Shroyer, now with CFF, he told me that exactly.

I believed him then because I somewhat tried to do it too around 1989, and thought others (who got Geered out) should have done it too.

I think the fact that they have and are working the collaterals is a huge factor in helping effect this change.

Yeah, but what do you think of my idea of having your own website rather than such lenghty posts? It would be more polite and would draw less attention to oneself and ones agenda. I think most everyone would agree regardless of whether you are right or wrong.

Please respond BRIEFLY. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Again, what does JB have to do with my comments above? Witnessing to the BOD? Ha!

Anyway, a dedicted website is a far greater witness than a looooooonnnng winded post or 50. You are therby witnessing your inappropriate web site impoliteness and seemingly making yourself more important than your content.

Just my opinion. I do not have time to continue a discussion with you. So go ahead and say the last word here and be done with it.

(I am witnessing to Greasespot members).

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Someone mentioned the fact that the adult and kids sections were not seperate. That's a fact and I probably should do something about it. We haven't had the situation where I need to really seperate them before.

Don't be surprised if some parts of the website go "under construction" for awhile.

Yophoto:

I went over and visited your site, and I stand behind what I said earlier about it.

You are very polite, and accomodating. Thanks for doing what you need to do to your site, instead of just banning those from here that come over to ask questions. From what I saw, there were some legitimate ones. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Mike:

I had no problem with your response to me over at FT. I do second Igotout's suggestion that you keep posts shorter, but it doesn't look like they are interested, but who knows. We're gluttons for punishment over here at GS, but I'll bet that they'd call that a masochistic spirit icon_eek.gif)

I hope that you're not serious about messing me with their kids...I recognize one of the names of the "kids" who post there, he's started several threads. He's been in my home and my daughter was friendly with him at one time, I believe that he is about twenty.

Dmiller:

I really don't know if there is "leadership" in my area any more, I do know that there are no Way Corps any closer than Kansas City. They were "overseeing" Nebraska from there when I left a few years ago.

I believe that some of the folks think that we're just innies who are kinda slow anim-smile.gif, while the administrator knows full well that we are involved with GS.

I for one am not looking for a fight with any of these folks, but have gotten used to not having to phrase all my statements in wayspeak.

Galen,

The whole world is watching! That's from the 1968 Chicago Dems Convention.

Oakspear,

I wasn't kidding, but I did mitigate it a bit also with the qualifier of the paper walls, and then with humor. I was serious but not dead serious.

JB took it serious too, and now he's hanging sheet rock in there, after deleting your post.

The first thing a person should do if a baby bear cub is happened upon in the forest is run upwind and then crosswind. The momma bear is downwind and nearby.

People can be very sensitive about their 20 year old kids. Besides there are other kids in there too. I just think it's not wise to argue at all with the innocents, and the younger set, and those who are still under the watchful eye of their parents.

This just gets more and more interesting. One thing to keep in mind is that you have to register in order to participate on the Family Table site (as one would have to, of course, on virtually any web forum). But given who we are dealing with, caution might be well called for. What I mean is, anyone who wishes to maintain their privacy on Greasespot Cafe, would certainly want it doubly insured when it comes to Family Table. Registering requires the use of one's real name and other pertinent information. This is not necessarily something one would want the WAYGB and others in official Way capacity to know implicitly. Of course, some of us, like John R., have nothing to lose. But others of us, who have family still involved in The Way, would not necessarily want "Leadership" specifically able to identify one with his/her posts. Any sort of honestly expressed feelings or questions, if they do not completely sinc with "The Household Party Line", could cause problems at home. Having said that, I seriously suspect that my Greasespot identity is indeed known by the leadership in my area and state. Whenever the Fellowship Coordinator or spouse calls to speak with one of the innies in my house, their tone over the phone is decidedly formal, frosty even, if I happen to answer the phone.

"The leadership do not interact on the website itself but with me personally and that is only advice. If I choose to ignor the advice I can. I consider what they have to offer. Sometimes it has been to add a feature, fix the color of artwork, or omit some very local announcement in consideration of the national scope of the site."

Of course Rosie and the Boys are observing this site with great interest, and will most assuridly move to pull the plug on Family Table in a New York minute, if they feel threatened enough by the presence of "cop-outs" among the posting population. Of course, the other alternative would be to make it a closed community, much like The Way itself. I almost lay odds that it will be a "read only" site for anyone not carefully approved by "Leadership" in very short order. J.B. may think he is in control of his site, but he should know by now that he has no more "control" over his own affairs than that which the BOD allows. It has been and will always be, their "Way" or the highway. The only alternative to self-acknowledging this truth will be to pretend that "it was his idea all along" or that he is invariably in full agreement with "leadership" at all times.

Cherished Child,

I can assure you that those who have betrayed Dr. Wierwille in New Knoxville have far more fear in their lives than you. This fear extends down to all their allies.

The best thing we can do is pray for them and open up those collaterals and see what dispels fear: perfect love. (TNDC p.230)

Not that loyalty to Dr. Wierwille is a noble thing in itself:

It's just at all "the powers that be" in human eyes trace their authority back to him.

True authority to speak comes only from loyalty to God.

Betraying Dr's revelations is betraying God, and by forsaking the Author of love, the protection from fear evaporates.

Carnal leadership authority, even in many of the splinter groups, is totaly dependant on VPW's legacy in the hearts of the people being led.

Too bad there probably won't be any perfect love coming from the Thoughtmeisters.

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

This had to be approved all the way up the Way hierarchy to exist. No other way it could be done. He even borrowed some of their look and feel and uses their name in sections.

CC,

Regarding HQ's involvement, didn't we hear something about the "suggestion of a general...?"

JT

CC,

Registering does not require you to reveal your real name. However, it would reveal your IP address (I'm not sure posting when you are not registered doesn't likewise reveal your IP addy). It doesn't take too much to track down who the INSP is registered to, once you have an IP address.