GreaseSpot Cafe

New TWI Website

Abigail

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is certainly a unique turn of events. The site is so new, that the ink is still wet on its pages (figuratively speaking, of course). I see that Abigail and John R. have already contributed posts to the site (using respect and admirable restraint, I might add). I think it would be a great mistake for greasespot users to descend en mass and flame the boards. Respect and restraint are the way to receive honest responses (assuming there are honest responses to be had). I hope this new sight provides valuable insight and answers for people looking to understand where TWI is at this time.

Hey, I say more power to them. That's exactly what Wayfers should be doing, IMO. People should be using technology as a means of expressing what they're doing and what they're interested in, etc, not what the Way International is telling them to do. Hopefully it will build on that if that's what they're doing. It should be interesting.

Plus, they've got some cool photos of Michael Findley and the band he's in now. I wondered what Mike was up to. Good drummer.

All the information for the domain name Jim posted is publically available and viewable online.

John Brxwn does not hide the fact that he is the Administrator and that he lives here in Largo. He has been in TWI since the 60's when he was a kid. (Socks you must remember his brother Ken and Ken's wife Sue.)

Click here to read more: http://www.familytables.net/years/index.html

We've already said hi and he kinda welcomed me and said hi back and said "see you around." He encouraged me to look at the photo section to see some familiar faces.

Funny, last thing I remember John saying to me on IM right after we were kicked out in 2000 was something like "Why the hell don't you just stay the hell off the Internet and read the Word!!!" Slam! As he closed his IM and blocked me as did others of my local friends.

Now they say "welcome" a few years later. That was mean and they owe me an apology.

Maybe I'll see some of you there for some interesting and thought provoking discussions. Will some be banned or blocked? Will posts be selectively deleted? I do not know.

But I have a feeling that my old pal John is going to have his hands full with this web site. Just ask Pawtucket!

Edited by igotout

The more I think of this whole thing, the more certain I feel, that no matter how respectfully those of the Ex-Way Community might try to engage in a meaningful discouse in the context of this new Way bully pulpit, they will find out in no uncertain terms that their POV is not welcome. Serious examination of the Way's history, its present, its doctrine, will NOT be tolerated on this new site. This site is meant to be a "feel good" meeting place on the net for Way people and potential Way people. They are trying to reinvent The Way, reinvigorate its ranks. Anything that does not contribute to this aim, confirm the new party line, and the "greatness of The Household" will not be tolerated.

In other words, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED, YOU WILL BE BLOCKED!

Its weird, I looked into the site and feel sad for them...no other feelings with it...maybe I'm past that.

But I feel that maybe they will have their eyes opened by finally having communications with others in twi. If this is their first communication from the 'outside' it could in itself be a good thing.

I see no reason to ruin it by having it closed down with everyone from gs running over there...but that is your choice.

Actually, the site is not new, it has been up for almost a year. Looking at the times that various people registered. In all that time there are what 65 registered users and 160 posts? am I reading that right?

I found the site Thursday myself, didn't know anyone else had seen it yet.

~HAP

I broke the rules by posting a phone number and Paw did the right thing by editing it. I didn't realize there was a phone number in the whois record.

That said, if you own a domain name, you are *legally* required to provide public information as to your identity. Raf, there are ways to do an anonymous website, but if you want your own domain, you have to live with the fact that your ID will be public knowledge.

Dear socks,

Can you get me the specific link to the Mike Find*ley pics? He was in my Twig in Phoenix, before he joined Way Prod, along with his wonderful fiancee Vicky. And yeah, a very good drummer -- I hired him once to accompany a jazz dance master class I gave. It took no time at all to explain to him what I wanted, and we had a blast! Good people, I wish them well.

Dear igotout,

I also know Sue B. She first got me into TWI, through the dance company we were both in at the time. We were both in high school at the time.

Regards,

Shaz

I especially enjoyed the review of the Adv. Cl. Sp. "you's doesn't have to be asmart to research the Word" (and come to our conclusions)

Oh BTW, Mike was a great drummer and had one of the greatest laughs in the world. Although, I think the ministry supressed that part of him when he went into the corps. The loudest "HEEEEEE HEEEEEEEEEEAH HEEEEEE" you ever heard. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Here - try this Shaz-

quote:

here

That's great, Shaz. I saw him a few times in Florida, played together a couple times after. We were in Tampa, he was further south, down in Sarasota? at the time. I always enjoyed working with him, easy to get to it and doin' it. I worked with a drummer couple times few years ago that reminded me a lot of Mike, but didn't have that laugh! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I was going to add, y'know, it's a funky little site, scan the source, it's built with Cool Page or something and at least he's got decent meta tags to start with right out of the gate. All the Way green is 1 dimensional, ALWAYS needs some compimentary tints to soften it but look at the Way.org, they love that look. It's like looking at a plate of old spinach. But he's got a lot of stuff, and content ulitmate drives a site.

igotten-z-outten - I remember them, yeah. Amazing what the love of god in the renude mind in manifestation will motivate people to do, huh? But then I remember a dear, once very beloved friend who'd left the Way long before I did, who I called up one day when I learned where he lived. I was still in the Way and just wanted to say hi, make some contact. The dear old beloved bastid yelled at me and hung up as soon as he found out I was still in the Way. I called back and it rang 100 times and I realized, well check it out - he must not want to talk to me. Dunno, guess if we don't all agree on who's divine butt we want to kiss we can't be friends or pee in the same urinal. But that's the way we get when we forget who we really are. Doesn't make it right, just awkward when ya gotta go. Somebody's pants are gonna get wet. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Edited by socks

And another thing (or two).. the name of the place. "Family tables". Kind of "rock of ages" ish. Why have they decided to resurrect yet one more "old wineskin"? I thought the ROA was disbanded largely because of the "homos" and "people's unbelief".

Makes me wonder if they want us to get some kind of warm fuzzy feeling, remembering one of the few activities that could actually be a little fun. Now here we have, similar to the discussion in another thread, not a virtual VP, or virtual Loy (thank God!) but a "virtual ROA".

Interesting.

If the BOD sanctioned this, I would venture to guess that it is an experiment to see what would really happen if they really pulled their heads out of the sand right on the internet. Doesn't look good to me, they already have two or three questions in their question forum that they either cannot or will not answer.

I would not hold my breath waiting to see anybody "official" posting there.

Abigail,

Oops! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I simply didn't log in after registering. It worked this time.

By the Way, THANKS Abigail, for alerting us to this.

And we should ALL remember that those people over there are all greasespots on the "highway" now that it's past midnight just like us, because they don't follow Craig's "my way" any more. BE NICE! You can catch more butterflies with honey than with vinegar.

quote:
Sorry Garth, I refrained from posturing myself like a rabid dog, your m.o. of choice.

Is it me, or am I getting under somebody's skin here. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Mike, I thought that with their getting back to PFAL, you'd fit right in. All they need now is the 'PFAL is God Barfed---err, Breathed' part.

anim-smile-blue.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jim:

I broke the rules by posting a phone number and Paw did the right thing by editing it. I didn't realize there was a phone number in the whois record.

That said, if you own a domain name, you are *legally* required to provide public information as to your identity. Raf, there are ways to do an anonymous website, but if you want your own domain, you have to live with the fact that your ID will be public knowledge.

I totally understand that: but there's a difference between something being available and that same thing being posted on a message board, as I'm sure you'd agree. My information is publicly accessible, to the best of my knowledge, and I do not hide it. But I also would not like to see you (or them) take it upon themselves to post my home address and telephone number on their pro-Way board.

Point was made: glad we're ultimately in agreement.