GreaseSpot Cafe

10th Corps

ex10

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonny,

I went to the opening of the World Cup Biathlon in Fort Kent today. This family that was standing next to me was from Anchorage, Ak. Their son and daughter in law were competing. I forget their names but vary nice people. The father works for the government. Don't remember exactly what he does.

He told us that the turn out here was better than the one in New York. I was surprised to hear that. But then he said it's not big in the USA Like it is in Europe.

You should see the girls shoot those guns, man can they shoot!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey CW! Happy anniversary! I was Jum Schatmeyer's best man at that wedding when he married Dianne Mooncotch. We had a blast at the Holiday Inn after the weddings and going to all of the receptions. Don Olson and I got really drunk at the bar there and ended up going home to the apartment of these two girls from Emporia State University, and well, we uh, well, needless to say uh, we didn't make it "home" by midnight that night.

Donny and I figured that it wasn't fair that you newlyweds were having all of the fun that night, so we went a little "AWOL" icon_wink.gif;)--> Haha! And JAL was never the wiser...

• 4 months later...

I dabbled a bit in the 15th Corps. My WOW year in DC in '80, our family coordinator was Susan Palange of 10th Corps. She is now in the Atlanta area. She actually left TWI in '85, before the mass exodus began. She is a very nice woman, spoke to her on the phone a few months ago to catch up a little bit on old times.

To be honest, I don't really remember who was in what corps.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Engine, that's not Jorge Dieppa, it's Jorge Hitchfield. And wow! Ex10, what a babe! You look like your avatar! And the hat, well, you know how the "High Country" thing was part of our self invented culture in dem days. This look must have come in just after "The Mal Look" wore off, and the "Rodeo Look" was coming on. The only folks that I remember who truly wore the western look as part of their "thing" was Mike Winslow, and another tall guy who went into "trucker outreach". Jim Somebody...

And, do any of you remember the video that the Eight and Tenth Corps made just before the Eighth Corps weddings? Remember the one that was made specifically for the bachelor and bachlorette parties called "Hotel Highway Handyman?" starring Jay Summers as "the Handyman", and Brenda Roller, Margo Kubiak, Clyde Roberts and others? Oh yeah, and John Crouch was sort of a geek in it and Frank Scaife was pimped out in Super fly clothes.

Geez, if anyone knew how to get a hold of Brenda Roller, maybe she knows where a copy of that might exist. I would have to say that this would probably be priceless, at least to us anyway.

Maybe in the right hands, some computer geek could turn it into an MP3 and we could post it here for all to view!

But that would something fun to watch no doubt. Engine, were you in it?

Bottom row, right to left:

Ken Figliozzi, David Bork, Monte (Walker?), Gary Smoke.

Top row, right to left:

Jorge Hitchfield (he always played that song about the "rooster in the yard"-Cocoroco), brunette-Maybe Monte's wife?, Cheryl Bork, and Out and About-Eight Corps. Oh, and as for the "floating cowboy girl" that's Ex-10 as you already know...

I know Out and About's name, but since she posted this, I am not sure if I should give away the anonymity thing. But then again, she did post her pic. But for the sake of whatever, check your private topics...

Johnny,

Brenda doesn't have a copy of the tape. As in all things wayish, it was property of whoever grabbed it after its usefulness was accomplished. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Anyway, yeah the brunette in the twig pic is the wife of Monty.

Engine, my feelings are hurt that you can't remember my name. icon_frown.gif:(-->

Just kidding, naturally.

And Johnny, thanks for the babe comments. J says it's still true, anyway. icon_wink.gif;)-->